The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Reality Check Needed by FL

Mantas

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 14, 2018
Scotland
Hi guys, thank you for reading my concerns and any advice is great!

Intro:

Currently I am living in a small town of about 4k people with my parents (which helps me to save some money on food and rent).

Now I theoretically know what I need to learn and do to start running small internet hustles like e-commerce shops, amazon FBA ect.

Question 1: So here is what I am not sure about is which way I should build capital : I need 10k just to test the internet waters through running ads , setting up stores , ect.

Do I earn it through my 8-5 job , which will take me around 8 months and after all those months of hard work and saving I might feel unconfident taking risk.

OR

I can cut my job to 1 working day just to pay rent to my parents , learn a freelance skills (this could take up to 1-2 months maybe?) that is in demand on upwork and start working as a freelance and start increasing my payday from there. (just like MJ DeMarco did with websites)

The reason I am asking is I might have to burn through a lot of ventures to see what works and what doesn’t and the 8 month period just to get capital needed to test and try things?

I can also drop this plan and try joining an internet start-up or business and take on from there?

Please let me know what you think guys!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lewj24

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 12, 2016
St. Louis, MO
Easy. You do both.

Work a job. Do your side hustles. Grow that to where you can quit your job and do that full time.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.