The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

100 days of 100 blocks challenge

Anything related to matters of the mind

andyhaus44

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
May 17, 2017
St. Charles, MO
Hi Fastlaners,

Thanks to Lex Deville, I came across whybutwait.com and found this great article: https://waitbutwhy.com/2016/10/100-blocks-day.html

and it basically explains how we all get 100 10 hour blocks every day (if we get around 7 hours of sleep). This concept put my habits into perspective and made me really think how I've been spending my time. Here is a great website you can use to start tracking your 10 minute blocks - 144blocks | Track your day in 10-minute intervals of time but if you're like me and prefer pen and paper, I made and printed out an excel spreadsheet and will share it with you. If you're interested, just send me a message.

Gary Ryan Blair, also known as The Goals Guy, has said that you ought to give yourself 100 days to form a new habit, and if you can develop 4 new success habits a year (1 every 3 months), then you're doing great.

Side-note: For those of you who like Grant Cardone, he recommends you schedule your day into 15 minute blocks, but 10 minutes is just as good. #10X

Have any of you ever tracked your time with the 10 minute block system before?

If not, would anyone be up for challenging themselves to track their 100 daily blocks for 100 days?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MaxKhalus

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
The one thing I used the 10minute track was when working in a project. It was effective for different reasons:
- It's not the same working 100min straight than working 10x10min(straight too, doesn't matter).
I noticed than your productivity depends on how much time you have. It may sound stupid but, if you have a 9month deadline to read book, then you'll probably complete it at 9th. If you had only 10 minutes to read the same book, maybe you would, maybe not, but your productivity is clearly higher.

What do you think that happened? When working, I was doing my best in the first and last minutes of that interval of 100min. But using 10 intervals of 10min actually helps you because there's almost no temporal gap between the beggining and the end. The less time, the more productivity.

And it was fully commited work because every 10 minutes I could decide whether keep working or not. After all, 10 minutes was nothing for me. Deadlines are pretty tricky.

But I never though about tracking every interval of 10min of my day. That could be even more productive. I guess I'll give it a try!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.