The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Successful AdWords guy interested in creating Lead Gen properties - a few questions though...

Dianne Cohen

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Sep 7, 2018
If I've learned anything from freelancing it's that the hagglers are ALWAYS trouble. This behavior usually foreshadows a bunch of other problems...

Like @Andy Black says, they see the the cost and not the value.

I hate when people want to talk numbers immediately. You don't even know the benefit! I could be giving you diamond-encrusted Rolexes with every lead and you would never know because you just wanted to talk about price immediately...

I talk dollars before I know any of the benefits because no matter what the benefits if it is not in my budget, it is not in my budget. For example, CRMS cost-free to thousands a month. Thousands a month is in a different atmosphere. Why waste the sale persons time. It is only considerate.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

whiz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
356%
Nov 29, 2017
New Jersey
I talk dollars before I know any of the benefits because no matter what the benefits if it is not in my budget, it is not in my budget. For example, CRMS cost-free to thousands a month. Thousands a month is in a different atmosphere. Why waste the sale persons time. It is only considerate.

You're not really wasting his time -

He's going to tell you all the value and benefits, and now you know why he sells at a premium

And maybe when you have the money, you'll remember the great benefits he told you about

If the phonecall is just "Hey what's your price? Ok bye" then he won't have the chance to provide any value, regardless of whether you buy or not

I'm just saying - always hear people out - it's important

You aren't wasting time - this is their job

If you're always talking dollars, you might close your ears to some really important information

At least if you talk value, you understand why they're charging outside of your budget

I don't see any negatives to this approach

You get value, he gets value...

People who talk price right away are 9/10 times being way too myopic (this is based off my own personal experience - your mileage may vary)

Every conversation is a chance to learn

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.