The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to Learn Code, Start a Web Company, $15k+ per month within 9 months

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

struka

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Feb 22, 2018
TN
Signed up for the waiting list. I can't wait.

Kalps

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Nov 9, 2018
Toronto
Hey @Fox

Thanks again for everything you do. Have learnt a lot from you since joining this forum and I look forward to learning more. I especially like the selling related information you share. Keep up the great work!

I am redesigning a website for my friend in real estate. She needs to be able to create blog posts and update the site frequently so I will be using a wordpress theme. I offered to do the work for free, but I am a bit concerned about copywriting. Her site has little to no content at this point and copywriting can quickly add up to a lot of money. So I am wondering if I should sign this off as a learning expense or ask her to pay for it/provide content? How would you do it if you were to do it? Also, if you have any suggesstions/tips to working with wordpress themes I would appreciate it.

Required

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Aug 13, 2018
Estonia
I have lurked around this thread quite some time now, thank you for putting effort in to share your ways, this thread has grown to something very valuable. Also great value in your youtube videos and fb group.

So I found out that my father's friend indeed wants a website. We agreed to meet next week to talk about details etc (doing it free). They are a small construction business (must be 3-4 workers) doing wooden facades, terraces and interior decoration. I assume that they get most of their work through word of mouth and referrals.

Even that you said that at the beginning you should stick to something that is already up there in the internet but I thought it would be good experience nevertheless (start with the person closest to you). He already said that there is not going to be any blogs or that but wants to add done projects to the site each time they finish one. Should I still stick to a html template? I know it better than other options.

Appreciate your hard work and looking forward to your next successes.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

2legit2quit

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Dec 9, 2018
my mind has been blown. i work in IT and i know how to bash script, about web servers, and some basic html from when i was younger - but never done much css or html on the regular.

i think this is doable for me. even i could make like an extra 1k$ a month or something...

THANKS FOX!!!! i read the first 15 pages of this thread, seems like theres lots to go through still. thanks for all this valuable content.

Thabani

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Dec 21, 2018
hello everyone, I just joined hoping to get some info from the OP but can't find a way to send a pm so I will post here. Anyway I have done some web development before with freecodecamp codecademy and Udacity so I know html and js but it didn't lead to anything.

The questions I have got is what is the difference between web design and development? What about the backend (sql, php, c#, node) side of things? Do you outsource that or something? Do I still need to look at the Udemy courses recommended?

Ok, only read every message for the first 5-6 pages so I apologize if these questions have been covered

Kalps

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Nov 9, 2018
Toronto
Hey @Fox

She needs to be able to create blog posts and update the site frequently so I will be using a wordpress theme. I offered to do the work for free, but I am a bit concerned about copywriting. Her site has little to no content at this point and copywriting can quickly add up to a lot of money. So I am wondering if I should sign this off as a learning expense or ask her to pay for it/provide content? How would you do it if you were to do it? Also, if you have any suggesstions/tips to working with wordpress themes I would appreciate it.

I am answering my own question for anyone else looking for the same thing.

1. I ended up doing my own copywriting to save money.

2. I read some wordpress suggestions here on the forum. Thanks to @Jeff Noel's Avada theme recommendation. Its been working out pretty well so far. As someone with development background but new to wordpress, I find this theme highly intuitive and easy to work with. I have also seen several people recommend Elementor for wordpress, I am planning to try that out next.

Aris Boch

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 30, 2018
It has taken me a long time to have time to create this thread and for that I apologize. I have been getting PMs for months and while I helped a lot of you out with detailed responses I wanted to start a thread so everyone would have access to the same information.

*** This isn't exact Fastlane, at least not in the beginning, but its a great way to earn 5 figures a month, learn the skills to create and run your own FL business while building a network of top business people***

Back at the beginning of the year I packed up everything I owned in Canada and moved to South America. I was keen to make enough income to stay down there while also building my own Fastlane business. Problem was I had no online skills, no idea what to do and have never ran a successful business before.

I just launched my business last week and I am still down here living happily so I guess I could say things have gone very well. Hopefully this information helps others achieve similar success and allows them to start pursuing their dreams.

So first things first:

- I started with zero coding knowledge in January of this year. I didn't know how to host a website, I didn't know what HTML or CSS was, I made a tonne of really basic mistakes and figured it all out by myself. I didn't take any expensive courses, had no mentors and probably only spent a few hundred dollars getting set up.

It took me a while to refine my niche but what I now focus on is building simple yet powerful websites that get huge results. No crazy interactive code, no fancy graphics, just simple, clean, professional websites that add huge value to the clients who hire me.

In the last few months I have
- built a website that landed a $1 million pus contract for the guys who hired me (they hadn't worked in over 8 months - oil company)
- built a website that helped get a pro athlete into a world tournament and increased pay from his sponsors (social media profile increase)
- Built a website that has a lawyer making over 1k a week on consultations

While I made good money on these websites its nice to know that the value I added is many times more and all my clients have been very satisfied.

I am still in the early stages of figuring this all out though so as this thread goes along I will still update with what I am learning and what has changed. Right now my problem is scaling, I need more top sales people on the ground selling websites for me. I will come back to this in another post maybe.

So how to begin:

So todays lesson is on how to get started at the very start. You know nothing and you want to get in on this action too. Some quick notes - I build "custom" HTML websites 99% of the time, I don't use wordpress except in some rare cases for add on blog/news sections to my sites. Why? Most of my clients are very busy, non tech people. They don't want or have time to update their websites. They want it built well and they want it to run itself. HTML is a lot better for this and when done right looks way more professional.

How to begin with HTML:

Take the HTML and CSS lessons on Learn to code - for free | Codecademy.

You can also do the JS section but I didn't and have been just fine.

Next take the following UDEMY course:

https://www.udemy.com/design-and-develop-a-killer-website-with-html5-and-css3/

After this you will now know how to edit and work with HTML themes. What does that mean?

Well there is no point creating a website from scratch. That takes years of coding experience and a lot of time for each new clients. Luckily enough people have gone and created HTML themes - its an already coded website where you just rearrange, switch out the pictures and text and add in a few extra bits (I will show how to do all of this at a later stage).

An example of a theme is here...

Foundry Multipurpose HTML + Variant Page Builder

It just a blank slate with a certain style that you work with. While this may seem like strange or cheating (I thought this was how to learn to build websites!??) its not. Anyone with an internet can create a website these days so that is not where we will be adding value. We add value by building a website with a purpose. We want to build websites that get results and make money, or whatever they are trying to achieve, for the owner.

So how do you build a website that gets great results?

Good question.

As @Andy Black would say you want sales not a website. I am going to meet him half way with you want to build a website that gets sales. Not a website that looks amazing, has cool videos and sections, talks about the companies recent gold tournament or how they really wanted to do X since they were 5. Now it might do one or all of these things but only IF it helps gets sales.

Every page, link, click and action on the website is to help facilitate the growth of the company and sales.

Lets take for example an immigration lawyer website...

Is the goal of the site to teach you about immigration law?
Is it to show you stats of work, trade and education within the country?
Is it to teach you about what to do when you first arrive, what to pack, what to expect?

No.

The whole purpose of that website is for the user to either book a consultation or contact them regarding their services. Which both lead to that person hiring them as their immigration lawyer.

Now it might use some of the above to help with that goal but it only has one main purpose. Everything we do for that client must help with that goal or if it doesn't help... be removed.

You are going to learn to take the value of threads of here regarding copywriting, sales and the Fastlane Mindset and apply it other peoples businesses to help them achieve massive results. This just happens to take the form of a website. You are really selling sales and results.

Once you sell results there is no limit to what you can charge and achieve.

If you have read all this and want to start follow the above links, compete them fully and then follow along with the next stages. There will be a lot to cover but I will outline everything you need to know to be making over $10,000 a month with 6 months*.

*Assumes actual work ethic, being able to do some learning by yourself and filling in the gaps. I will give advice but I won't be holding anyones hand step-by-step.

Next lesson... Client selection.

Hi Fox,

I really like the information in this post and I was wondering if you have this as a PDF?

Regards,

SunnyDftw

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Sep 8, 2016
51 pages and no one has successfully(or unsuccessfully) tried this and come back with a testimony? LOL

edit: typo

Last edited:

2legit2quit

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Dec 9, 2018
I was going to, or considered it. I wrote this as a side goal, but decided to pursue amazon fba which i feel is more scalable.

Its really tough, this is a great idea. Another thing is app dev via udemy courses. Theres so many options.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
51 pages and no one has successfully(or unsuccessfully) tried this and come back with a testimony? LOL

edit: typo

Most started their own threads.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

GuitarManDan

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
677%
Feb 28, 2017
NYC

Hey Rob and Everyone,

I still have a long way to go and don’t want to make it seem like I’ve “made it” but with no previous web design or coding experience I used Fox’s courses to start my business in Jan 2018.

My best month was in Sept I closed $12k of business.

Switching up my business strategy a little bit in 2019 so it’s a little less volatile (some months I made $0), but if anyone is doubting the value of Fox’s courses please send me a PM and I’ll be more than glad to vouch for how they’ve helped me greatly.

Healthfulness

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Oct 7, 2018
Denmark
First of all. Thanks for the value here. Haven't gone trough all the posts, but I will. Massivelty appreciated!
Here's the thing, I have aquired basic skills in designing websites, but I don't know programming. I am going to learn the basics, such as html, css and javascript, but outsource most of these tasks.
The main question I have - should I start with going niche or be general?
I see there are web design agencies that focus on specific niche and I could too as I'm soon graduating International Tourism and Hospitality management (don't ask me why, I didn't know what fastline is when I chose it), but this could be used for my own good.
I could niche to web design (and branding, and copy) for tourism and hospitality niche - travel agencies, destinations, hotels, restaurants etc.
I do have decent knowledge about these fields and I can make nice looking site (back-end will be outsourced).
I have also found horrible sites in my home country, where I could offer free website for portfolio and then go from there. I believe it will be fairly easy to create sites in this niche as the idea will be the sames in every one of them.
Later when I get momentum, I would like to add marketing services and be well known as the agency that will attract tourists to Your hotel/destination like bees to honey!

William

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Feb 15, 2012
Has anyone had this issue? Got about 60% through Udemy course and I keep getting this error when trying to open HTML file (index.html).

upload_2019-1-24_16-0-40.png

Opened a ticket with Brackets support team. Seeing if anyone here may have a solution.

Using Windows 10 with latest installation of Brakcets (1.13) btw.

Thanks!

Madman1996

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Oct 9, 2017
Netherlands
Signed up for Code Academy and purchased the Udemy, thanks for the recommendations.

I'll be going through those on the side since I'm pretty busy with my current business, but I can't resist because I am a learn-a-holic lol.

Even if I never build a site for a client I feel like just having some basic techie ability is a fundamental skill-set these days that can open doors along the line somewhere, even if it means communicating more effectively with contractors, developers etc.

I saw a youtube vid that showcased self-made teenage millionaires and of course many of them coded something to do it. Obviously they learned while very young, almost forging process by accident without thinking of making a fortune. But then look at the possibilities that the ability allowed them. Check out the vid here:

Rep transferred +
cool video but i think that just one of them started with coding that was that kid in the tumbnail video did all of them created a website out of scratch that takes years of coding

Tousif

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 2, 2019
"Hey Mr. Fox but what about tech start ups and that new app, they are making a zillion dollars. Lets go build for them!!!"

No way and here is why...

- They are in the design and internet business, they know guys already or have minimum wage slaves to work round the clock on design and websites
- There is no shortage of guys trying to approach the "cool" companies for web design
- You will always be replaceable
- They won't see your value

Your aim is to become a problem solver for large, boring, industrial companies that know nothing about the internet and want to deal with a "regular guy" to fix that website.

That right there is pure gold. This is the harsh truth that people in this industry may find after months and years of work. And people will charge you hundreds of dollars in courses to teach you this information. Thanks a lot, Mr. Fox for being such a valuable member of this community and helping other fastlaners like me.

Wiezel

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Oct 15, 2018
The Netherlands
Hi @Fox (and others),

I'm confused!
About to finish the HTML/CSS Udemy course so I get the basic understanding of that.
In your Facebook group a lot of people speak about using the Elementor Pro theme/builder. This will make creating a website very easy without you even knowing how to use HTML/CSS, so I'm confused on how that works.

Is that one just for WordPress websites? Is it HTML based?
Because I don't want to build click and drag websites on Wordpress. I want a custom made website for my client with the use of a theme. Or can you use these kind of themes outside of Wordpress as well?

I'm confused on how to proceed from here on. I want to start an Udemy course on SEO as well to provide real value then just building a website and 'Good luck with it'. Especially because you can charge monthly fees for SEO work. Where do I need to go? I'm in need of a bit of direction where to head to. :)

Last edited:

jon.M

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jul 4, 2016
Sweden
Is that one just for WordPress websites? Is it HTML based?

Elementor is only for Wordpress websites.

Because I don't want to build click and drag websites on Wordpress. I want a custom made website for my client with the use of a theme. Or can you use these kind of themes outside of Wordpress as well?

There are themes made for both static HTML websites and Wordpress sites. You need to make sure you get the right type when you pick up a theme. Normally, it either says "HTML theme" or "Wordpress theme" in the title or description. Wordpress themes don't work on a static site and vice versa.

Wiezel

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Oct 15, 2018
The Netherlands
Elementor is only for Wordpress websites.

There are themes made for both static HTML websites and Wordpress sites. You need to make sure you get the right type when you pick up a theme. Normally, it either says "HTML theme" or "Wordpress theme" in the title or description. Wordpress themes don't work on a static site and vice versa.

Thank you!
Regarding my other questions... any advice on how to proceed?

jon.M

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jul 4, 2016
Sweden
I'm confused on how to proceed from here on. I want to start an Udemy course on SEO as well to provide real value then just building a website and 'Good luck with it'. Especially because you can charge monthly fees for SEO work. Where do I need to go? I'm in need of a bit of direction where to head to. :)
I've never sold SEO services specifically, but why don't you try to sell it and see if it sticks?

I have dealt with SEO as a marketing manager and learned more about it from some experts in the field. IMO it's simpler than most people think and you can get going after reading a couple of free blogs. It's just a matter of having an idea of what to do, and you need to keep doing it for some time until rankings start to climb.

Read a blog post written by someone like Neil Patel, immediately apply what you learned to a real life business. Rinse and repeat.

Jasonthedream

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Feb 24, 2019
Long time lurker, rereading this post as I work on building this business.

I have two quick questions.
1. When you build a portfolio and approach businesses, is it better to portray yourself as what I am, a solo operator, or is it better to portray yourself as an agency? I understand the big picture of fastlane and potentially reselling the business, etc. I’m just thinking of in the shorter term if it’s easier to get those first dozen or so jobs if you approach people s just a guy building websites and starting out in business. Kind of a bad news bears thing.

2. I’m really interested in the process of niching down. Are there any resources out there that have been helpful? I’d love some worksheets or something like that that might guide me.

Thanks to @Fox for making me believe I can do this, and thanks to everyone else here for pumping their energy into this. It means a lot.

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
It has taken me a long time to have time to create this thread and for that I apologize. I have been getting PMs for months and while I helped a lot of you out with detailed responses I wanted to start a thread so everyone would have access to the same information.
Fox - I just found this thread. It's going to take me some time to get caught up while I time share with actual work on my biz (action faking?). But I've already learned a lot from you. Thank you very much.

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
1. When you build a portfolio and approach businesses, is it better to portray yourself as what I am, a solo operator, or is it better to portray yourself as an agency? I understand the big picture of fastlane and potentially reselling the business, etc. I’m just thinking of in the shorter term if it’s easier to get those first dozen or so jobs if you approach people s just a guy building websites and starting out in business. Kind of a bad news bears thing.
MHO: Be honest and ready to explain. If you feel fine explaining who/what you are to a potential buyer you're golden. I get it, some companies will not deal with new players or start ups. But if you're not completely honest about what you are and get caught...unpleasantness follows. MJ talked about listing the non-existent student names from his high school class - derived from a teacher who butchered everyone's name. But he also commented about that pushing the boundary. Like all the many decisions we make starting companies, only you can decide.

KLaw

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Aug 4, 2012
ohio
@Fox I know this thread is 2.5 yrs old, do you think the recommendations you posted in your original post still apply or obsolete? Thanks for sharing.

G

Guest64655

Be blessed! :)

*** This isn't exact Fastlane, at least not in the beginning, but its a great way to earn 5 figures a month, learn the skills to create and run your own FL business while building a network of top business people***

Clearly said.

So first things first:

- I started with zero coding knowledge in January of this year. I didn't know how to host a website, I didn't know what HTML or CSS was, I made a tonne of really basic mistakes and figured it all out by myself. I didn't take any expensive courses, had no mentors and probably only spent a few hundred dollars getting set up.

WOW! It is possible. :) You are like a Fox!

It took me a while to refine my niche but what I now focus on is building simple yet powerful websites that get huge results. No crazy interactive code, no fancy graphics, just simple, clean, professional websites that add huge value to the clients who hire me

So much clarity!

So how to begin:

How to begin with HTML:

Take the HTML and CSS lessons on Learn to Code - for Free | Codecademy.

It has made my day (all of the post)! And potentially the start of my business/brand! THANKS
I want to build my website and was wondering where to start. I have followed a little bit of html and CSS before but good to have those websites now. Although I have been on Khanacademy today. JS is fun! So far...

After this you will now know how to edit and work with HTML themes. What does that mean?

Well there is no point creating a website from scratch. That takes years of coding experience and a lot of time for each new clients. Luckily enough people have gone and created HTML themes - its an already coded website where you just rearrange, switch out the pictures and text and add in a few extra bits (I will show how to do all of this at a later stage).

Precious. I was wondering if I needed to build one from scratch. Now I have my answer. No.

So far I have only read the first 2 posts of your thread (52 pages aaaaahhhh!). I believe that following your rythm and working on learning and building a website at the same time makes sense.

tpjay

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 19, 2016
Connecticut

Back at the beginning of the year I packed up everything I owned in Canada and moved to South America. I was keen to make enough income to stay down there while also building my own Fastlane business. Problem was I had no online skills, no idea what to do and have never ran a successful business before.

I just launched my business last week and I am still down here living happily so I guess I could say things have gone very well. Hopefully this information helps others achieve similar success and allows them to start pursuing their dreams.

So first things first:

It took me a while to refine my niche but what I now focus on is building simple yet powerful websites that get huge results. No crazy interactive code, no fancy graphics, just simple, clean, professional websites that add huge value to the clients who hire me.

In the last few months I have
- built a website that landed a $1 million pus contract for the guys who hired me (they hadn't worked in over 8 months - oil company)
- built a website that helped get a pro athlete into a world tournament and increased pay from his sponsors (social media profile increase)
- Built a website that has a lawyer making over 1k a week on consultations

While I made good money on these websites its nice to know that the value I added is many times more and all my clients have been very satisfied.

I am still in the early stages of figuring this all out though so as this thread goes along I will still update with what I am learning and what has changed. Right now my problem is scaling, I need more top sales people on the ground selling websites for me. I will come back to this in another post maybe.

So how to begin:

So todays lesson is on how to get started at the very start. You know nothing and you want to get in on this action too. Some quick notes - I build "custom" HTML websites 99% of the time, I don't use wordpress except in some rare cases for add on blog/news sections to my sites. Why? Most of my clients are very busy, non tech people. They don't want or have time to update their websites. They want it built well and they want it to run itself. HTML is a lot better for this and when done right looks way more professional.

How to begin with HTML:

Take the HTML and CSS lessons on Learn to Code - for Free | Codecademy.

An example of a theme is here...

Foundry Multipurpose HTML + Variant Page Builder

It just a blank slate with a certain style that you work with. While this may seem like strange or cheating (I thought this was how to learn to build websites!??) its not. Anyone with an internet can create a website these days so that is not where we will be adding value. We add value by building a website with a purpose. We want to build websites that get results and make money, or whatever they are trying to achieve, for the owner.

So how do you build a website that gets great results?

Good question.

As @Andy Black would say you want sales not a website. I am going to meet him half way with you want to build a website that gets sales. Not a website that looks amazing, has cool videos and sections, talks about the companies recent gold tournament or how they really wanted to do X since they were 5. Now it might do one or all of these things but only IF it helps gets sales.

Every page, link, click and action on the website is to help facilitate the growth of the company and sales.

Lets take for example an immigration lawyer website...

Is the goal of the site to teach you about immigration law?
Is it to show you stats of work, trade and education within the country?
Is it to teach you about what to do when you first arrive, what to pack, what to expect?

No.

The whole purpose of that website is for the user to either book a consultation or contact them regarding their services. Which both lead to that person hiring them as their immigration lawyer.

Now it might use some of the above to help with that goal but it only has one main purpose. Everything we do for that client must help with that goal or if it doesn't help... be removed.

You are going to learn to take the value of threads of here regarding copywriting, sales and the Fastlane Mindset and apply it other peoples businesses to help them achieve massive results. This just happens to take the form of a website. You are really selling sales and results.

Once you sell results there is no limit to what you can charge and achieve.

If you have read all this and want to start follow the above links, compete them fully and then follow along with the next stages. There will be a lot to cover but I will outline everything you need to know to be making over $10,000 a month with 6 months*.

*Assumes actual work ethic, being able to do some learning by yourself and filling in the gaps. I will give advice but I won't be holding anyones hand step-by-step.

Next lesson... Client selection.

I'm in school for computer science and programmers always say don't reinvent the wheel. I is hard not to when you are first starting out and learning but at a certain point you will be able to read code you have not written and can make changes to to code to make it do what you want. I was afraid to use templates and thought that clients would be turned off but this was just my bias. Thanks for the break through.

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Sep 11, 2018
I'm in school for computer science and programmers always say don't reinvent the wheel. I is hard not to when you are first starting out and learning but at a certain point you will be able to read code you have not written and can make changes to to code to make it do what you want. I was afraid to use templates and thought that clients would be turned off but this was just my bias. Thanks for the break through.
If no one reinvented the wheel, ever, we'd be stuck on the same tech forever. Elon Musk talks about First Principles as a way for him to evolve. There is a reason why things like Rust appeared, otherwise they would have just added more and more stuff to C++ (they still do).

You don't usually need to reinvent the wheel though, specially if you want to focus on building stuff.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.