The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I've Read UNSCRIPTED!

Plank

That's not sawdust.. it's Man Glitter
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
403%
Jul 20, 2016
Tennesse
I've read unscripted .. I am currently listening to the audible version.. I've got to say, the narrator does an awesome job of making it a breeze to hear.

FalconMD

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
May 12, 2017
Sweden
Read it when it first came out and recently bought it on Audible and listened to it as well. One of the best books I’ve ever read!

Sam-son

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 28, 2018
Lafayette, IN
Read the book. Actually read UNSCRIPTED first and then followed up with Fastlane. I have read this book 4 times already, and on my 5th read through. It has helped me structure my thinking on how to build a true CENTS business. Thank you @MJ DeMarco for writing the single best business work I've ever encountered!

maikooo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Dec 7, 2018
Read it this summer 2018! Great follow-up to TMFL book. Both should be mandatory reads at schools.

RAE

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Nov 25, 2018
Spain
I've read Unscripted a few months ago and it literally healed my soul. I felt something was just not right in my life and the life of others around me, and the book helped me point out the problem, and most importantly, it gave me hope and a new dream to pursue. Thanks MJ for writing it!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

beckbeach

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Apr 10, 2017
Dallas, TX
I finished the Unscripted audiobook. I have a side hustle too but can’t match what I make 9-5 - which is 6 figures. I don’t know if I can ever make enough to be able to quit. My family’s expenses are too high.

struka

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Feb 22, 2018
TN
I read it and plan to go back and review my notes. Good Read!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I finished it yesterday. I have no idea how you came up with all the concepts and frameworks or where you learned them, but the end result is amazing. It reminded me of this quote:

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
- Antoine de Saint-Exupery
It's a very meaty book, but every part is equally important.

The only thing I'm not sure about is whether everyone is able and willing to travel the UNSCRIPTED journey, because a lot of people I know don't want to take responsibility and cherish the seemingly low stakes, low pressure situation of a "stable" job. They can take their sick days without having to worry about a thing. But that's a discussion for another timer.

"Everyone" isn't reading the book. They're looking for a job and wondering when the next season of Game of Thrones starts.

Read it. Even better than your first book. Gonna be a re-read for the next years

Thanks, I thought so too.

2. These people who live Unscripted lives don't have any special gifts or talents that we have never heard of, but rather they focus on problems, and then following through on solutions until it succeeds or fails. You can build the talent and skills necessary for this lifestyle, but the hard part is the sacrifice and commitment (until you start to hit the positive feedback loop!).

Yup, you don't have to be someone uber special. Any joe-schmo can do it, and repeat it.

Hey guys,
I havent read Unscripted yet, but looking forward to it and currently wondering how is it different from TFM?
TFM also contains the "avoid the common path", "build up a money tree" etc. where it seems there is a lot of overlap in both books?
Feel free to share your thoughts and experience.
Thanks

I wouldn't have written it if I thought it wouldn't be a better piece of work.

Favorite of the two.

Mine too.

This is one of the best books I've ever read.

I think it is even better than Fastlane was

Yah!

I read Unscripted and have already recommended it to a friend.

Thank you!

Is there anyway of getting just the PDF version?

Nope, PDF's aren't available. They only end up on the torrents.

I wonder if there anyone has compiled a quick cheatsheet to review the key point in the book frequently?

The book that follows will help in that area...

Unscripted is top 3 books I’ve ever read

It's simply the best Business Book ever written!

best book I've read this year.

Yesss!

Bot MFL and Ucrpted should be mandatory in all High Schools!

I wish, but a fairy tale.

The institutions that teach Scripted dogma will not educate its students on how to avoid Scripted dogma.

You've got two major math mistakes in your examples

Where? Haven't had any reports of such.

You're a frickin' accounting grad

No, my degree is in Finance. But I guess that's just as egregious.

One of the best books I’ve ever read!

Thank you @MJ DeMarco for writing the single best business work I've ever encountered!

:)

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
644%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
Finally got around to finishing the book, cover to back during my trip abroad. Good stuff ^^

Adrian Smith

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 22, 2018
Now that there's several hundred out there in the wild, guess it is time to start a thread for those of you who have read (or listened to!) UNSCRIPTED !

View attachment 14816

Hope everyone enjoyed it and found it to be a good "big picture" supplement for The Millionaire Fastlane !

To download the first (5) chapters: HERE
To learn more (website) visit: HERE
To order via Amazon: HERE
To listen via Audible: HERE

Ive read Unscripted

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
I literally just finished reading TMF . I loved it. I wish there were 25 more books like that one.
Already read the introduction, and starting chapter 1 tomorrow (loved the small picture for that chapter too!)

MKql1ju.png

Ie4d4Pt.png

MakeItHappen

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Apr 12, 2012
I have read Unscripted when it came out. :thumbsup::moneybag:
I though The Millionaire Fastlane was great and didn't know what to expect on top of that in MJs new book and my mind was blown away!

BTW: If you want to introduce slowlaners to the fastlane would you recommend the first or the second book and in which order? I thought that the first book might be a better first choice.

D

Deleted50470

Now that there's several hundred out there in the wild, guess it is time to start a thread for those of you who have read (or listened to!) UNSCRIPTED !

View attachment 14816

Hope everyone enjoyed it and found it to be a good "big picture" supplement for The Millionaire Fastlane !

To download the first (5) chapters: HERE
To learn more (website) visit: HERE
To order via Amazon: HERE
To listen via Audible: HERE

Read the book and plan to read this and MFL again during the holidays

SpeakMyLips

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Dec 16, 2018
Singapore
Read it after finishing TMF . Both books are essentially the key to financial freedom. Take action and don't live in regrets. Time is too short for 9-5. Definitely a re-read.

Georgios K.

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Nov 29, 2018
And another one joins the club!

I've finished reading it for the first time yesterday and today I made a summary of TMF and will do the same for this piece asap.

When this is done, I finally have no more excuses not applying the new knowledge from these books and finally stop action faking, look for a Need to be fulfilled in the real life or maybe even create a new one.

We'll see.

Anyway, in case anyone actually reads this post obviously I highly recommend this book and will definitely return to its lessons in the near future.

Last edited:

njord

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Nov 24, 2016
Iv read Unscripted ! The where alot of unexpected golden nuggets in this book!

I also loved all your comparisons you made; "it raises as many red flags as a chines military parade":rofl:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.