The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Question about landing page mvp

Marketing, social media, advertising

LiveEntrepreneur

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 17, 2017
Australia
I've been working on my new idea and I set up a landing page and have been using Google ads to get people to my site, so far it's going good. I have over 15 subscribers. I have a couple of questions though.

1) I tried targeting where I thought my users are, according to Google for this type of business the U.S.A is the most popular for it. But I barely got any results, though when I targeted India as I have in the past I get really good results. So my question is, is it because my target market is in India or is it because India just has really high engagement?

2) How many emails should I have before I start working on a product?

3) All of my email subscribers should I be talking with them one on one and see what improvements they would like to see made? And this leads me to a side question, if they make a suggestion should I really implement it if it's only a few people who want it?

4) Should I have a marketing plan at this point in time? I am not sure the most viable channels to target, I was thinking of seeing where my competition is and doing what they are doing but better.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
What do you mean by results? Are you getting click throughs to the US? Obviously India ad's will be much cheaper so if you are bidding the same per click for both locations you might not be being seen at all in the US but will probably be top of the search listings for India.

If you are getting click throughs from the US then it will be a cultural thing. You'll have to create more appealing landing pages and split test them.

Is your product physical or digital? I'd rely on the 80/20 principle. Concentrate on the features 80% of your customer base want and ignore the rest (for now at least).

-

LiveEntrepreneur

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 17, 2017
Australia
What do you mean by results? Are you getting click throughs to the US? Obviously India ad's will be much cheaper so if you are bidding the same per click for both locations you might not be being seen at all in the US but will probably be top of the search listings for India.

If you are getting click throughs from the US then it will be a cultural thing. You'll have to create more appealing landing pages and split test them.

Is your product physical or digital? I'd rely on the 80/20 principle. Concentrate on the features 80% of your customer base want and ignore the rest (for now at least).

-
By results I mean people subscribing to my email list. I don't have a a product it's more of a service. What about the answers to my above questions?

Maksym Babych

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 1, 2019
Ukraine
4) Should I have a marketing plan at this point in time? I am not sure the most viable channels to target, I was thinking of seeing where my competition is and doing what they are doing but better.

I am pretty sure that - YES.
Marketing it's complex and system process
You must have a clear strategy that builds on your ICP
you must have an understanding of your differentiation
who are your competitors in the market and how do they promote their product
Based on this, choose for yourself what is your marketing goal, type of marketing and channels
And then draw up a common strategy and plan for each month

I've been working on my new idea and I set up a landing page and have been using Google ads to get people to my site, so far it's going good. I have over 15 subscribers. I have a couple of questions though.

1) I tried targeting where I thought my users are, according to Google for this type of business the U.S.A is the most popular for it. But I barely got any results, though when I targeted India as I have in the past I get really good results. So my question is, is it because my target market is in India or is it because India just has really high engagement?

3) All of my email subscribers should I be talking with them one on one and see what improvements they would like to see made? And this leads me to a side question, if they make a suggestion should I really implement it if it's only a few people who want it?

I

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Monkeycom

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Aug 20, 2019
UK

Be careful, Indians have very few money to spend, it'll be very hard to be profitable. It's likely that a USA lead is worth 20x an Indian lead.

I don't promote anything on a list with under 500 people. Ideally, 1000. Remember that about 5% is likely to be your conversion rate.

If you have direct contact - Yes, talk to your customers! And yes, listen them as much as possible!

Yes! Don't focus on competition. Do what bring results to you. Keep building an email list, it'll be your most precious asset in your business.[/QUOTE]

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.