The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
Was at an entrepreneurship conference yesterday.

The founder that was a great dude died last year.

They decided to make collect money from sponsors and give it away(whatever that's called)

Hmm, they will give it to small companies so they can grow and hire more people.

NOPE!

I quote "we want to give this money to people like a regular cashier in a store because they don't have much"

Wow! Let's not give money to people that can generate more value in the market and open more jobs. Instead, let's give it to someone that has little to no market influence and value.

Wow.

Got up and left.
I
San Francisco is trying to raise taxes for tech companies in order to help the homeless. Apparently Jack Dorsey of Twitter is against saying it hurts businesses and there are better ways to help the homeless.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
BJJ changed the entire way I see fighting.

Boxing only works if you are upright and have a range of motion to throw punches. Take out a boxers legs, and all their skills are useless. You can't even throw a full powered punch on your back.

Kicks only work at a certain distance, and one again you need to be on your feet.

Not saying ground-fighting is always where it's at. Punches work, kicks work, throws work, but real fighting means being able to handle any situation.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
I
San Francisco is trying to raise taxes for tech companies in order to help the homeless. Apparently Jack Dorsey of Twitter is against saying it hurts businesses and there are better ways to help the homeless.

Most street people cant be helped, put em in a city employment program to clean the streets & pay them some type of salary IMO

Creating jobs is the real solution, not giving away housing & food

Last edited:

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
Most street people cant be helped, put em in a city employment program to clean the streets & pay them some type of salary IMO

Creating jobs is the real solution, not giving away housing & food
I volunteer at this local homeless shelter and a lot of times what happens is overtime people gain employment at the shelter. First they start volunteering then they talk to the head director and get employed. After about a year they find a job somewhere else and get free from the shelter system.

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
That's one of the first problems. People don't find out themselves, So when you have a leak on your ceiling and request a roofing company to handle it, they will upsell you on a brand new roof because your roof is "A wreck and if left undone the moister could lead to a detrimental mold infestation." All because you didn't do the research to know that only 3 shingles need to be replaced because of "nail pops."

Yep I know what you mean, roof industry is full of BRO marketing like this, being a plumber in my past working life (didn't do much roof plumbing though) I was surprised the amount of bulls**t companies would tell you after they have someone attend to your place, worse than MLM reps as well, constant follow up calls, doom and gloom outcomes, they would make a fortune off unknowledgeable customers.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I do boxing too. Haven't gotten a bloody nose yet, but headaches I've had many of those lol.
Speaking of boxing, Dan Pena's business seminars just went whacko....

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuX9tkJNyFk

He enacted this as a practice to both have participants take out the seminar stress without going into bar fights and 'increase' their testosterone.

Judging from the comments, let's say some people are safer doing business than throwing and blocking blows using risky and untrained techniques.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh

He enacted this as a practice to both have participants take out the seminar stress without going into bar fights and 'increase' their testosterone.

Judging from the comments, let's say some people are safer doing business than throwing and blocking blows using risky and untrained techniques.
LMAO this is hilarious. These guys are so bad.
To be fair, it's obvious none of them have had training, so I mean what do you expect.
if they fought even a low level amateur, they would get killed

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh

Dan says, "the one guy who probably has been in a fight is hurt."

LMAO really Dan? All he's doing making his opponent, who has no idea wtf he's doing either, confused af, cuz if he did a simple jab to the chin he would floor that moron. Yet the moron still gets dropped twice, and gets a little owie on his arm for trying the stupidest looking backhand i ever saw, and quits like a bitch.

Dan obviously has no idea how to fight either if he thinks that guy was good.

This is like watching those fake martial arts vids lol.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
Dan says, "the one guy who probably has been in a fight is hurt."

LMAO really Dan? All he's doing making his opponent, who has no idea wtf he's doing either, confused af, cuz if he did a simple jab to the chin he would floor that moron. Yet the moron still gets dropped twice, and gets a little owie on his arm for trying the stupidest looking backhand i ever saw, and quits like a bitch.

Dan obviously has no idea how to fight either if he thinks that guy was good.

The dim mak is real

Roughneck

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Oct 14, 2018

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia

How tragic are they! There's a group of people that do some "self defence" training in a park near where I live, its dangerous that they are learning this synchronised combat, they will get hurt if ever confronted on the street with the garbage they try and teach each other.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
The dim mak is real

Only Conor McGregor has the touch of death

How tragic are they! There's a group of people that do some "self defence" training in a park near where I live, its dangerous that they are learning this synchronised combat, they will get hurt if ever confronted on the street with the garbage they try and teach each other.
Yeah exactly, real martial arts is putting yourself in a sotuation where the other person wants to hurt you.
I agree with self-defence, but it needs to be practiced in a real training environment. Otherwise people freeze up and their body doesn’t work.
i’ve Had people try to kill me. A guy wanted to mug me one time and I gave him a look, he saw crazy in my eyes and knew not F*ck with me. This only comes when you practice fighting. When you feel combat in you and your mind and body tense up that mean you have to learn to control it. Learn to be a Buddhist monk in combat. That only happen through letting your body experience real situations. Make your life combat, enjoy it, enjoy the fear and the terror and the satisfaction of seeing your opponent hurt. Only then do you achieve enlightening through martial arts

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Yep I know what you mean, roof industry is full of BRO marketing like this, being a plumber in my past working life (didn't do much roof plumbing though) I was surprised the amount of bulls**t companies would tell you after they have someone attend to your place

The big scam nowadays is the "FREE AC inspection" -- you can have a perfect AC system, cleaned and tuned up but if you call a company for one of these "FREE A/C inspections" invariably they will always tell you you need a new capacitor or some other BS component. Consumer groups have trapped these bro-marketing companies on multiple occasions on this scam, selling crap people don't need.

Free? Yea, sure.

This is why a heavy advertiser is indicative of bro-marketing outfits, not productocracies.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
The big scam nowadays is the "FREE AC inspection" -- you can have a perfect AC system, cleaned and tuned up but if you call a company for one of these "FREE A/C inspections" invariably they will always tell you you need a new capacitor or some other BS component. Consumer groups have trapped these bro-marketing companies on multiple occasions on this scam, selling crap people don't need.

Free? Yea, sure.

This is why a heavy advertiser is indicative of bro-marketing outfits, not productocracies.

Good time to be the "free second opinion" AC company that debunks scammers. Save people money, build trust, get referrals and crush their competition until the scam breaks and a new one emerges.

Roughneck

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Oct 14, 2018
Then when an issue arises at that customers house down the track, your going to be the first point of call because these days it is hard to find a tradie people trust!
Good time to be the "free second opinion" AC company that debunks scammers. Save people money, build trust, get referrals and crush their competition until the scam breaks and a new one emerges.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Anyone watch the Korean Zombie lose his match with 1 second left? I don't watch a lot of MMA, but for some reason I tuned in and watch the fight from start to finish. Now that was a fight!

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
Anyone watch the Korean Zombie lose his match with 1 second left? I don't watch a lot of MMA, but for some reason I tuned in and watch the fight from start to finish. Now that was a fight!
That was a great one. Korean Zombie was winning by points. That ong bak style elbow by Yair came out of nowhere.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
That was a great one. Korean Zombie was winning by points. That ong bak style elbow by Yair came out of nowhere.

I was wondering if the elbow was inadvertent, as if Yair was in a panic to get up and connected his elbow to KZ. I can't imagine how you can mentally say "throw an elbow here" as you're being hurled to the ground.

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
I was wondering if the elbow was inadvertent, as if Yair was in a panic to get up and connected his elbow to KZ. I can't imagine how you can mentally say "throw an elbow here" as you're being hurled to the ground.

Couple of mates and I discussed if it was accidental or not, sure looked that way, what a crazy finish! Every fight that goes the distance you hope for that kind of finish and it almost never happens.

Was super pumped for cowboy Cerrone's win the fight before as well.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
That KO was sick, he didn't even hit him that hard geez

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States
Pretty sure you can get it in Whole Foods.

Nothing like that around me unfortunately.

Even the "natural" food stores here sell shitty sugary food with the word "organic" on the label.

One observation you failed to mention about the U.S. ... the insane number of pick up trucks!

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011

That's a shame, I really enjoyed going to Whole Foods after shopping a few times in Walmart.

One observation you failed to mention about the U.S. ... the insane number of pick up trucks!

Yeah, and an insane number of huge cars in general (pick-ups, SUVs, campers the size of a bus, etc.).

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh

Even the "natural" food stores here sell sh*tty sugary food with the word "organic" on the label.

In SF, you can literally tell the poor areas from rich areas by looking at Whole Foods on Google Maps. They're all on the South side of the bay while Walmarts are on the North lol.
I'm sure at least a few forum members will find this funny. Enjoy. :clap::

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L9dK--2bbM&feature=youtu.be
"The uploader has not made this video available in your country."

FFS it's not like I live in Narnia :humph:

I think it was intentional but he seemed pretty surprised that it KO'd KZ. To just defend KZ's takedown there would be no reason to throw up his arm like that unless he was trying to elbow. It's crazy what people can do when they get into that flow state.

Last edited:

garyfritz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 16, 2011
Colorado
Whoops, I tried to give you a link to the video, but it's the same one. All other sites have had the video taken down. And now I can't delete this...

Last edited:

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Why?

Apparently he was involved in a shootout that got caught on camera, and was connected to a bunch of other robberies. The feds were tracking him for a while and they got him on several different charges.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
Apparently he was involved in a shootout that got caught on camera, and was connected to a bunch of other robberies. The feds were tracking him for a while and they got him on several different charges.
Makes sense

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.