The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My Fiverr Gig Feedback

John D Johnston

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Sep 7, 2018
Looking for some people to give me some feedback on my Fiverr gig? especially if you either use Fiverr as a customer or have your own gig.

What I'm looking for is any feedback on the layout, message, the look anything that makes it look good or bad and suggestions to improve it :)

I will post my URL if can get some responses.

edit* ok not allowing me to post full url but my profile name is johndjohnston

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

John D Johnston

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Sep 7, 2018
ok, thanks. fiverr blocked me posting full URL so added my tag name to original post

ned.ryerson

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Nov 14, 2018
No worky
825506cb009e3301d78c8e75389641a5.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

@John D Johnston

I got my start on Fiverr selling services.
Let me just say you have your work cut out for you.

There's not much I can offer in terms of specific feedback, because the platform requires a very specific approach. You'd have to understand how customers use Fiverr before making meaningful adjustments.

An ebook that helped me understand the fundamentals was "Conquering Fiverr" by Damian Pros (The author got a lot of flak on the forum for being a twat, but that's beside the point).

Read it, apply it, then come back here.

ned.ryerson

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Nov 14, 2018
It makes absolutely no sense that they would not show the results for profiles.

I use Fiverr quite a bit myself to find virtual assistants and technical resources for mechanical turking. The platform is good for reducing first time transaction risk for both parties, and then move off platform.

Last edited:

sophiee

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 16, 2018
Helsinki/Finland
@John D Johnston

I got my start on Fiverr selling services.
Let me just say you have your work cut out for you.

There's not much I can offer in terms of specific feedback, because the platform requires a very specific approach. You'd have to understand how customers use Fiverr before making meaningful adjustments.

An ebook that helped me understand the fundamentals was "Conquering Fiverr" by Damian Pros (The author got a lot of flak on the forum for being a twat, but that's beside the point).

Read it, apply it, then come back here.

Is it still worth it to provide services on Fiver or is the competition too high already?

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

Is it still worth it to provide services on Fiver or is the competition too high already?

Here's how I see it.

"Competition" is very subjective. Yeah, there's a LOT of people on the platform.
Thing is most of them freakin' suck. Meaning, there's a TON of room at the top if you're exceptional, and my belief is there's always room to stand out.

So yeah, competition is "too high" if you're like everyone else and freaking suck.
BUT. If you're able to skew value in ways that other sellers aren't, you'll have an advantage.

That being said, I moved off the platform for two reasons.

1: Fiverr takes 20% of your revenue. When you have staff filling work, that's a LOT off the top...and the main reasons Fiverr is full of freelancers. Services are expected to be cheap and margins are thin. They'll never make enough to hire out and escape the freelancer death spiral.

2: I have control. I get customers from multiple sources, the variables of which I control. I control my own site, and how users interact with it. Also never have to worry about being booted.

So the way I see it, Fiverr is "worth it" if...
1: You realize you're in it for the long haul (it takes time to rank your account).
2: You provide a service / digital product with very high margins.
3: You believe the tradeoff for not controlling the platform is worth the customers Fiverr inherently brings in.

Fastlane Liam

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Feb 10, 2018
United Kingdom
Try make it a little harder for us to find you
Seriously I don't have time to fight and search about to find your profile
Just link the F*cking thing

sophiee

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 16, 2018
Helsinki/Finland
Here's how I see it.

"Competition" is very subjective. Yeah, there's a LOT of people on the platform.
Thing is most of them freakin' suck. Meaning, there's a TON of room at the top if you're exceptional, and my belief is there's always room to stand out.

So yeah, competition is "too high" if you're like everyone else and freaking suck.
BUT. If you're able to skew value in ways that other sellers aren't, you'll have an advantage.

That being said, I moved off the platform for two reasons.

1: Fiverr takes 20% of your revenue. When you have staff filling work, that's a LOT off the top...and the main reasons Fiverr is full of freelancers. Services are expected to be cheap and margins are thin. They'll never make enough to hire out and escape the freelancer death spiral.

2: I have control. I get customers from multiple sources, the variables of which I control. I control my own site, and how users interact with it. Also never have to worry about being booted.

So the way I see it, Fiverr is "worth it" if...
1: You realize you're in it for the long haul (it takes time to rank your account).
2: You provide a service / digital product with very high margins.
3: You believe the tradeoff for not controlling the platform is worth the customers Fiverr inherently brings in.

Thank you for the fast answer.

I would like to start a web design business but I have struggles with getting clients.

Do you think it would work to offer cheap web designs to get reviews and then try to convert them directly to my web platform to get control and away from fees?

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

Do you think it would work to offer cheap web designs to get reviews and then try to convert them directly to my web platform to get control and away from fees?

That's how I did it when it started to grow.
Just be aware that contacting people outside Fiverr is against their Terms of Service.

As a side note, don't be afraid to go outside Fiverr looking for that first client.
You'll have better chances of success and will get paid more.

I spun my wheels for 3 MONTHS trying to get my first customer on Upwork,
until I said "F this it's too saturated" and got my first clients other ways.
You can read more about that experience here.

Read all of @Fox's Web Design threads;
He's our resident Web Dev expert and that'll give you a good start.
If you're curious about anything Fiverr related, feel free to send a PM.

But for now, let's get back on topic.

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018
Looking for some people to give me some feedback on my Fiverr gig? especially if you either use Fiverr as a customer or have your own gig.

What I'm looking for is any feedback on the layout, message, the look anything that makes it look good or bad and suggestions to improve it :)

I will post my URL if can get some responses.

edit* ok not allowing me to post full url but my profile name is johndjohnston

Thanks

Here's the URL for anyone who didn't see that @UnrealCreative already posted it.

My two cents:
  1. With as many typos as I see in your presentation of yourself, I wouldn't trust you to be able to improve my copy. It's like having typos on your resume. It makes the choice easy to discard you from the "maybe" pile. But it's worse, because knowing proper English is intrinsically relevant here. There may be engineers who miss typos on their resumes, but they still know how to do engineering. But the nature of your work in copywriting is using the English language, and you haven't even proven you know how to do that.
  2. A copy review service is only marginally valuable. It's a top-of-funnel offer. Or it's table stakes. Of course you're going to review their copy if they hire you to rewrite it. Why do you not have copywriting itself listed as an option?
  3. You have room to improve in focusing the customer's attention on benefits they will receive instead of tooting your own horn. I'd flip most of the copy and put the stuff you have at the bottom nearer the top. Make your copy "you-focused" instead of "me focused."
  4. You're using negative words rather than positive ones (e.g. in the bullet points). In other words, you may be able to point out what's wrong with copy, but I'm not sure you'd know how to make it right.
  5. What kind of client do you want to attract? You're not going to attract someone who is well-spoken with this presentation of yourself (e.g. "aint" with not even so much as an apostrophe, "gonna," "Chillin' out maxin' relaxin all cool"). Show yourself to be a professional if you want to attract professionals to hire you. The only exception to this is if you're deliberately trying to position yourself as a copywriter who can write to a customer base who uses language like this in their everyday speech. Even still, you'll first have to sell yourself to the business owner who doesn't speak like that but who knows that his customers do.
  6. If you're really good at copy reviews despite all the above, why don't you just go ahead and do some copy reviews for the ads that your ideal 100 clients are running, and include the link to the review in your cold email to them to pitch your services?

Typos & errors to correct:
  • Missing punctuation
  • Comma splice
  • First letter of a sentence not capitalized
  • Incorrect use of semicolon
  • Sentence fragments
  • Run-on sentences
  • Missing words
  • Incorrect verb tense
  • Missing hyphenation
  • Hyphenation added where it wasn't supposed to be
  • Missing full stop at the end of sentences
  • Missing question marks at the end of sentences
A few examples highlighted for your convenience:
What's good for your business? Correct more sales, more customers or clients! Its the only way to stay on top and keep moving forward. I'm a self taught professional copywriter, studied all the greats of yesterday and those leading the way now. I've also been a customer of Fiverr just like you, so I know what you want from me. When we work together, you're getting massive value and an honest, trustworthy guy, all-in-one. It's my goal to get you as much success as possible and have an all-round great experience!

About This Gig
Q. Who is the most powerful member of your sales force?

A. Your Sales Page!

Get a unique copy critique that details everything wrong, everything right, and everything you need to do with your promotion to get it back and converting better!

All suggestions and tweaks summarised in your own unique doc. priority changes that point out the biggest flaws in your copy and what to do to improve right now!

There are many reasons why your copy is NOT converting into boatloads of sales;
  • Headline
  • No Identity
  • Not compelling or urgent enough for the reader to take action NOW!
  • No credibility or proof established
  • Poor CTA's
  • Overall structure (have you lost them before the opening intro)
  • And many more...
You've never seen a review service like this before...

And you’ve never seen it at a price like this either.

P.S Oh, this gig offers a 100% money back guarantee should it not improve your future sales!

Please Note:
I don't accept any drafts must be 100% finished copy

FAQ
Why are you so cheap compared to others
I'm new, this gig is new. I aint scoring no hoops if my price is too high.

Is English your first language?
100% In west midlands born and raised... On the playground was where I spent most of my days... Chillin' out maxin' relaxin all cool... And all shooting some b-ball outside of the school.

How much experience do you have?
I'm not gonna b.s you. Critique is a new angle for me but I've studied, took-apart, learned from some of the best selling sales copy there is. I know the difference between one that sucks right off the bat, copy that needs a lot of tweaks and copy that can be fixed very quickly.

Why Do Offer a Money Back Guarantee
To give you some risk relief when you buy

John D Johnston

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Sep 7, 2018
Here's the URL for anyone who didn't see that @UnrealCreative already posted it.

My two cents:
  1. With as many typos as I see in your presentation of yourself, I wouldn't trust you to be able to improve my copy. It's like having typos on your resume. It makes the choice easy to discard you from the "maybe" pile. But it's worse, because knowing proper English is intrinsically relevant here. There may be engineers who miss typos on their resumes, but they still know how to do engineering. But the nature of your work in copywriting is using the English language, and you haven't even proven you know how to do that.
  2. A copy review service is only marginally valuable. It's a top-of-funnel offer. Or it's table stakes. Of course you're going to review their copy if they hire you to rewrite it. Why do you not have copywriting itself listed as an option?
  3. You have room to improve in focusing the customer's attention on benefits they will receive instead of tooting your own horn. I'd flip most of the copy and put the stuff you have at the bottom nearer the top. Make your copy "you-focused" instead of "me focused."
  4. You're using negative words rather than positive ones (e.g. in the bullet points). In other words, you may be able to point out what's wrong with copy, but I'm not sure you'd know how to make it right.
  5. What kind of client do you want to attract? You're not going to attract someone who is well-spoken with this presentation of yourself (e.g. "aint" with not even so much as an apostrophe, "gonna," "Chillin' out maxin' relaxin all cool"). Show yourself to be a professional if you want to attract professionals to hire you. The only exception to this is if you're deliberately trying to position yourself as a copywriter who can write to a customer base who uses language like this in their everyday speech. Even still, you'll first have to sell yourself to the business owner who doesn't speak like that but who knows that his customers do.
  6. If you're really good at copy reviews despite all the above, why don't you just go ahead and do some copy reviews for the ads that your ideal 100 clients are running, and include the link to the review in your cold email to them to pitch your services?

Typos & errors to correct:
  • Missing punctuation
  • Comma splice
  • First letter of a sentence not capitalized
  • Incorrect use of semicolon
  • Sentence fragments
  • Run-on sentences
  • Missing words
  • Incorrect verb tense
  • Missing hyphenation
  • Hyphenation added where it wasn't supposed to be
  • Missing full stop at the end of sentences
  • Missing question marks at the end of sentences
A few examples highlighted for your convenience:
I'm no English teacher just sales copywriter :)

John D Johnston

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Sep 7, 2018
...and a one sentence response.

This is why I didn't take the time to do a detailed analysis like @Bekit did.

OP wants a pat on the back for doing nothing.

A succinct response for someone who clearly enjoyed her response.

MTEE1985

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
425%
Jun 12, 2018
Arizona
Not so much about being succinct. The point @UnrealCreative was making was that @Bekit took between 10-15 minutes of her valuable time to provide you with an incredibly detailed analysis and feedback to improve your posting and ultimately make you money.

You then responded with what came across as a dismissal of her post. It reads like you saying you don’t care about your grammar because that’s not your “gig”.

This may not have been your intention but that’s how I read it and I suspect many others will read it. Perhaps a more thoughtful thank you and saying how you will implement her feedback would have been more appropriate.

As far as your actual gig, do everything she suggested, I cannot add any more to it.

ned.ryerson

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Nov 14, 2018
You're not a slow laner your car's exploded in the breakdown lane.

The person takes the time to do a thorough analysis of your profile and you don't even so much as thank them irrespective if you agree.

Everybody that's contributed to this thread I apologize on behalf of the OP.

Last edited:
G

GuestUser4aMPs1

You then responded with what came across as a dismissal of her post. It reads like you saying you don’t care about your grammar because that’s not your “gig”.

lmao, and OP thinks he's a copywriter.

COPYWRITING PRINCIPLE #1:
Always know how your readers are going to react to your writing.

:rofl:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

You have a LONG road ahead of you.

Maybe start the journey today by taking heed of the undeserved wisdom so generously and benevolently shared with you here.

At this point in time, based on what I have read here, there is no way on earth you can hold yourself out to be a professional copywriter.

Your lack of understanding of the correlation between correct grammar and copywriting is horrifying.

You will waste the valuable time and resources of others. You will fail.

Last edited:

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

A solid command of the language is the most basic foundation for a copywriting position.

I often get small gigs done on Fiverr, and if I read your Fiverr bio when looking for a copywriter there, I would immediately press Alt+Left on my keyboard or Ctrl+F4 to move on to the next guy.

Would you see a doctor who doesn't know the difference between the liver and the kidney? I wouldn't!

Anyway, OP seems to be someone who's doing this to make a quick buck aka chasing money. He won't stay the course.

rpeck90

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
Nov 26, 2016
United Kingdom
What's good for your business? Correct more sales, more customers or clients! Its the only way to stay on top and keep moving forward. I'm a self taught professional copywriter, studied all the greats of yesterday and those leading the way now. I've also been a customer of Fiverr just like you, so I know what you want from me. When we work together, you're getting massive value and an honest, trustworthy guy, all-in-one. It's my goal to get you as much success as possible and have an all-round great experience!

1. No USP - why should I use you? What's your forte? What type of RESULTS do you deliver? Who have you worked with before? Where does your copy / writing style work best? Informational, editorial, advertorial, blogs, ecommerce?

2. Unprofessional. If I'm considering hiring you, I need to make sure that I'm buying someone of repute. I don't want some "bro" who thinks copywriting is going to get him paid. If you're going to use your own face, you need to get your hair cut and wear some legit clothes. Your present appearance just looks horrible.

Say I have PC repair websites and want to offload the need to create specific articles for them. Why would I choose you? Do you have an understanding of PC's/technology/code? Do you have a magic way with words that breaks down the technicalities? What's your "thing"?

Here's an example of how to improve what you're doing...

ecom.png
I've had a passion for eCommerce since my teens.

After 5 failed attempts, I finally started making $15k+ per month (PROFIT) selling discount perfumes + fragrances through Facebook ads. The biggest realization I had during that time was that if you're going to make it in eCom, you need an offer that sells.

For me, it was discounted perfumes... now I help people identify their offer and achieve RESULTS by getting it out to their target audience. I can write expert eCom copy (that gets you PAID), help create tantilizing product imagery, brand marketing, FB ads and more... Contact me TODAY to improve your store's conversions & targeting...

TIP: the more your work/results speak for themselves, the less you have to promote yourself. Here's a page I made for my friend some time back (he's not getting many orders anymore although it was buzzing especially when "crypto" was at its peak in Dec 2017):
fiverr.png

TIP #2: one of the best copywriters I've seen has been @Damian Pros . His company (which has since been banned off Fiverr) spun words in a way which seemed to magically extract money from your wallet. Definitely worth picking through their archived content:
spxmac.png

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.