The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

AMAZON FBA - The Journey Begins

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

jcvlds

JC
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jul 9, 2016
Mexico > Texas > Florida
It was an impulsive decision for the most part when my bluehost domain got locked, I wanted to get into this ecommerce business as soon as possible and wasn't going to wait anymore so I made the purchase, if I knew there was a cheaper alternative I would've taken it.

His point isn’t that you didn’t know a cheaper alternative existed.

His point is why you didn’t know that.. because you didn’t do even a small amount of research, and that ended up costing you more. Your approach to just doing things quickly and ‘acting’ and boy researching things to ‘lose time’ actually ended up costing you more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ayanle Farah

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 13, 2016
His point isn’t that you didn’t know a cheaper alternative existed.

His point is why you didn’t know that.. because you didn’t do even a small amount of research, and that ended up costing you more. Your approach to just doing things quickly and ‘acting’ and boy researching things to ‘lose time’ actually ended up costing you more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The thing is I've always been an extreme kind of person, if I start doing research I won't ever take action or it might go very slow.

Now when I get in the zone of taking action, I want things to move, stopping to analyze kills my momentum.

Anyway, now I know better. I'll be more careful from now.

Last edited:

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
The thing is I've always been an extreme kind of person, if I start doing research I won't ever take action or it might go very slow.

Then you will lose extreme amounts of money. You are off to a good start and will just lose more money as you go. There’s nothing in this thread that leads me to believe that what you do will be successful. Sorry to have to tell you this but being a business person requires a stable thought process with calculated decisions.

Last edited:

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
It was an impulsive decision for the most part when my bluehost domain got locked, I wanted to get into this ecommerce business as soon as possible and wasn't going to wait anymore...

So how did that decision work out for you? Are you closer to getting into this ecommerce thing vs. before you made that impulsive decision?

Ayanle Farah

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 13, 2016
So how did that decision work out for you? Are you closer to getting into this ecommerce thing vs. before you made that impulsive decision?
No but you can't always know how things are going to turn out before you do things.

Lionhearted

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
May 29, 2012
Killeen Texas
I pray that when someone is trying to help me that I recognize it. This is a great concern of mine. I work on making sure I listen carefully. I value the opinion of those who have traveled down the road I want to travel even if the landscape has changed. Also I always listen to those who offer warning especially when they have no vested interest in doing so.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
No but you can't always know how things are going to turn out before you do things.

Correct, but you can increase your chances of success by making better +EV decisions.

Ayanle Farah

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 13, 2016
I pray that when someone is trying to help me that I recognize it. This is a great concern of mine. I work on making sure I listen carefully. I value the opinion of those who have traveled down the road I want to travel even if the landscape has changed. Also I always listen to those who offer warning especially when they have no vested interest in doing so.
I am listening, what are you talking about?

Correct, but you can increase your chances of success by making better +EV decisions.
Yeah, I need to work on that.

Ayanle Farah

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 13, 2016
Finally, I got my $200 refund back.

Ok, no more impulsive actions.

So, the plan is to use shopify for hosting and buying a domain there or somewhere else like namecheap.com

I will make an update once I've set up a site with shopify.

Ayanle Farah

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 13, 2016
It took a long a$$ time but I've set up a site with shopify. I'm back and will try to make faster progress than I have so far.

beckbeach

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Apr 10, 2017
Dallas, TX
It took a long a$$ time but I've set up a site with shopify. I'm back and will try to make faster progress than I have so far.
Great idea. Amazon is too saturated now. It was making money for me in the past, but not much anymore.

Have you made Pinterest pins and promoted your items on Pinterest yet? It’s free unlike using Facebook ads. People in my FB groups are getting banned for posting ads in FB.

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
I can vouch for NameCheap. Domains are really cheap and customer service is good. I'm curious about your next steps !

Ayanle Farah

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 13, 2016
Great idea. Amazon is too saturated now. It was making money for me in the past, but not much anymore.

Have you made Pinterest pins and promoted your items on Pinterest yet? It’s free unlike using Facebook ads. People in my FB groups are getting banned for posting ads in FB.
You're way ahead of me, I haven't even decided on a product yet, thanks though. I'll look into pinterest.

Ayanle Farah

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 13, 2016
Yeah, I'll go with namecheap, should my domain be related to the product I'll sell in the future or is it alright if I pick a good name I like for no real reason?
I can vouch for NameCheap. Domains are really cheap and customer service is good. I'm curious about your next steps !

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Yeah, I'll go with namecheap, should my domain be related to the product I'll sell in the future or is it alright if I pick a good name I like for no real reason?
  1. If you intend developing a range of related products, or at least ones that will all be relevant to the one market sector, a domain name that is the same as your brand name can be beneficial.
  2. If however, you intend selling a variety of more or less unrelated products, a domain name that could give people a reason to click on your site is more appropriate.
Should your choose 1., it would also pay you to label all of your products with the brand name. If you have chosen a name that appeals emotionally to your target market, and your label design, slogan, and logo all have a sales message inbuilt, you can build a great brand.

That all depends on two major factors: Top quality and excellent service.

Walter

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen

Great suggestion about using free Pinterest pins. Just be sure to include your URL in all the pictures you post.

Walter

CareCPA

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
356%
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania
  1. If you intend developing a range of related products, or at least ones that will all be relevant to the one market sector, a domain name that is the same as your brand name can be beneficial.
  2. If however, you intend selling a variety of more or less unrelated products, a domain name that could give people a reason to click on your site is more appropriate.
Should your choose 1., it would also pay you to label all of your products with the brand name. If you have chosen a name that appeals emotionally to your target market, and your label design, slogan, and logo all have a sales message inbuilt, you can build a great brand.

That all depends on two major factors: Top quality and excellent service.

Walter
Every time you post I ask myself why I haven't gotten your labeling book yet.
I still don't have a good answer.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen

CareCPA

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
356%
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania

Fastlane Liam

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Feb 10, 2018
United Kingdom

Im gonna try this, thanks for the advice

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
You're way ahead of me, I haven't even decided on a product yet, thanks though. I'll look into pinterest.

Imagine you want to set up a high street shop, you have no idea what you want to sell yet, or how much the thing you'll eventually sell will cost, would you;

a) Go to any particular random high street and rent out a shop?

or

b) Choose what you want to sell first, and then make your shop choice based on that?

*Clue: The right answer is b.

Dude, I wish you well, I don't want to be a naysayer. However this whole thing will go a lot smoother with some planning.

Even if you don't plan anything from this point on, at least choose your product first. Then go about proving myself and everyone who is telling you to prepare first, wrong.

Remember your Ps

Planning & Preparation Prevent Piss Poor Performance.

Ayanle Farah

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 13, 2016
Imagine you want to set up a high street shop, you have no idea what you want to sell yet, or how much the thing you'll eventually sell will cost, would you;

a) Go to any particular random high street and rent out a shop?

or

b) Choose what you want to sell first, and then make your shop choice based on that?

*Clue: The right answer is b.

Dude, I wish you well, I don't want to be a naysayer. However this whole thing will go a lot smoother with some planning.

Even if you don't plan anything from this point on, at least choose your product first. Then go about proving myself and everyone who is telling you to prepare first, wrong.

Remember your Ps

Planning & Preparation Prevent Piss Poor Performance.
Thanks, I appreciate it, I will begin planning from now on, I will look at everything I will need and make sure I'm prepared before I launch anything.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Thanks, I appreciate it, I will begin planning from now on, I will look at everything I will need and make sure I'm prepared before I launch anything.

Good.

I get not wanting to be caught in paralysis by analysis, but unless you are already a mega-millionaire and it doesn't matter how much money you waste, then you will need at least a tiny bit of planning.

You can definitely do it, just remember success in this area is ALL about choosing the right product. Quick checklist, the first three questions you should be able to answer yes to.

Can I make at least 400% gross profit on each item?

Does it cost upwards of about $25 (or equivalent)?

Do the searches indicate that I will be able to sell enough per day to make advertising the product worth it?
(Massively important! I had a product that I was selling for £14.99 about $18, yet it was costing me about that in advertising to sell each one!

I soon discovered that even if the product cost $1, there still wouldn't be enough people per day wanting to buy it.
)

How much will it cost to buy?

How much will it cost to ship? (ship to me, and the customer)

How much will it cost to store?

Where will I store it?

I didn't answer all of these questions, I thought it was ok to answer a few of them.

I failed.

I hope you answer all of these questions before you spend a single penny.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.