The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Anyone ever try/use MFG.com to find a manufacturer?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
We really do need an alternative to ThomasNet, they don't even reply to emails. While not an exact competitor, I hope these guys branch out into other categories.

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Bump. I'm guessing the answer is NO, but want to make sure.

Rivoli

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jun 4, 2018
Orange County, California

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
I've used ThomasNet in the past and found some really good suppliers
Thomasnet is a great platform for locating manufacturers in the USA, but you need to carefully read the filtering options before you start. If you search without care you might find suppliers that look promising until you discover they are a Chinese company whose Amazon listing has been added to Thomasnet.

I have never had any diffculty finding what I am looking for on Thomasnet, but it requires patience and a lot of people lack that virtue. There is also the problem that many US manufacturers can't be bothered even answering a request unless it includes a gold-plated carrot.

The ones that do answer will almost always be capable of handling your project, and willing to quote. That is why they answer, and the ones that don't answer usually can't do what you want, or are too busy.

IMO, GMC.com represents a tedious way of locating manufacturers because their system is designed to have buyers make a Request For Quote, and this involves a requirement to register. Registration is also a requirement before you are permitted to view buyer and seller ratings.

The presence of an RFQ system on the site, together with the massive number of Chinese manufacturers listed, has all the hallmarks of a Chinese B2B site, despite the Georgia address. The English is impeccable, so I might be wrong in this regard.

If you publish an open RFQ, be prepared for an avalanche of emails. You can bypass the RFQ system by copying and pasting the manufacturer's name and using Google, find their website, where you can choose to email direct.

There are limitations on the scope of searches, because the site is entirely geared towards the engineering industry and products.

I would choose Thomasnet every time for US searches.

Walter

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.