The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Chasing a Cat vs Attracting a Cat, a Breakthrough Story

YoungPadawan

Miles to go before I sleep
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 7, 2015

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India
Blood Boiling! Hair raising!! Chilling sensation!!! Adrenaline like feeling coursing through my body after reading this!!!!!!

@Almantas you just ROCKED. Damn what a feeling, what a feeling. I am not even able to describe it right now.

I want to say something but words are not coming out....

For now, Congrats buddy! Way to go! Keep pushing!

Kruiser

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
318%
Aug 22, 2017
Arizona
So, I decided to have a look at what I made in pure profit since June. They are not something to be proud of

Sorry, but these numbers are DEFINITELY something to be proud of. What a great post! Sure, you're not going to rake in billions by being the go to guy serving the Lithuanian community in Ireland. But you started something from nothing and provided real value to real folks with real problems. That's much more than many "entreprenuers" ever accomplish.

superb

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Sep 8, 2013
Sorry, but these numbers are DEFINITELY something to be proud of. What a great post! Sure, you're not going to rake in billions by being the go to guy serving the Lithuanian community in Ireland. But you started something from nothing and provided real value to real folks with real problems. That's much more than many "entreprenuers" ever accomplish.

Agreed! The mindset that you have will lead to greater and greater things.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Hey dude just came across this thread.

Remembering your posts from earlier this year you seemed to be a really bad place. But no matter what you were determined to change, and you never really accepted your situation.

It's incredible how much you've changed your life so far, and I'm looking forward to seeing your successes compound!

You've got what it takes, that iron willpower.

Startup Steve

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Oct 29, 2018
This post is gold. I have condensed to a TLDR;

Go provide some value for people - even if it is free of charge.

I began writing resumes and cover letters for Lithuanians living in Ireland (most of them lack English writing skills)

At first, my offer aroused suspicion and I got a good few of toxic comments my way...

In two months time my self-confidence began to grow as more and more people began referring me to their friends and random people started contacting me asking to write a resume and a cover letter for them for money...

Now, my post attracts roughly 100 comments and 200-300 likes...

Former haters (even group trolls) turned into my supporters.

Best of luck providing value and reaching financial independence folks!

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Usually, I am not a type of a guy that puts too much trust into destiny, but what happened in the last 2 days literally blew my beliefs away.

So, due to my generosity in multiple FB groups, many women started adding me, showing interest, etc. Two days ago, one particular woman contacted me saying she was observing my posts for a while and was really impressed with my generosity and personality in general...

Long story short, we have been chatting for a couple of days now. She is 21, already has a passive business and is into entrepreneurial books. She has like 30 of them. And all of them crazy good books, lol. I told her about this forum and she showed me a photo of TMF book - damn, how could I miss a shot on this one?

So we arranged to meet for a tea/coffee 30th of this month. I have talked to many women, many of them were in a top physical condition but something just didn't click, this particular woman stands out most...and guess what? She just revealed that her sister knows me as I wrote her a CV and a Cover Letter for free back in January - how weird, isn't it?

You know what could be weirder? Her reading this post - because I am pretty sure she has joined the forum and is currently scanning through threads. I hope this doesn't happen, lol.

P.s. Thanks for all the awesome comments, I am blessed to be part of such a superawesome community! Love you guys! :)

Last edited:

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Hey dude just came across this thread.

Remembering your posts from earlier this year you seemed to be a really bad place. But no matter what you were determined to change, and you never really accepted your situation.

It's incredible how much you've changed your life so far, and I'm looking forward to seeing your successes compound!

You've got what it takes, that iron willpower.

Thanks! Yeah, I had been in a terribly bad place. I am far from exiting it completely, but I can see the light at the end of a tunnel now. Will see how it goes in the future.

ValueGenerator

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 17, 2018
Los Angeles
Hi folks!

It's been a long while since I posted.

No, I didn't pull a plug on entrepreneurship. Although in moments of desperateness I thought of doing so multiple times already...

In the last year I have been desperately struggling with depression. I didn't have anyone who could've understood me and provided with decent advice in real life. The life was a misery, I tried all sorts of self-medications (including weed) that didn't help me in the slightest.

Then, January rolled over and something flipped in my mind. That flip turned a voice inside of my head that went something like "Instead of feeling sorry for yourself and wasting time, go provide some value for people - even if it is free of charge. Be of service to people and you'll feel better."

And there I went...not thinking about CENTS and monetization. The goal was to make that first step and be of service. The point was to turn the process of value providing into medication that was meant to help me deal with depression - because nothing else helped me at that point.

So, in January I began offering various research-related services for free. I began writing resumes and cover letters for Lithuanians living in Ireland (most of them lack English writing skills) - at first, my offer aroused suspicion and I got a good few of toxic comments my way...anyways, I continued...

In two months time my self-confidence began to grow as more and more people began referring me to their friends and random people started contacting me asking to write a resume and a cover letter for them for money...so, I did...

Sometime in April I began pumping more value into those Facebook groups. I started writing various informational packs for Lithuanians living in Ireland, such as how to get a mortgage, how to get into a state-funded academic program and get a job afterwards...once a month I picked a hot topic that most people felt confused about and elaborated it in a native language.

Bear in mind, there was and still is nobody doing what I do. Most people just bombard this group with various advertisements - pushing their services through peoples' throats. Nobody wants to give value in advance. What they get? Few eyeballs at best...

I don't want to sound braggy, but I became somewhat influential. Now people see me as a smart-a$$ guy who can do a lot of things and to them right. Now, when I post a new information package created with an aim to make their lives easier in Ireland my post attracts roughly 100 comments and 200-300 likes and document gets read (I assume) by at least 1k people...

...People started adding me as a friend. Girls I could've dreamed of attracting previously began texting me and showing interest in me. I started getting all sorts of questions from people regarding various things with offers to pay me if I can help them out...

Currently, people in those groups know me as a Resume and Cover Letter guy. Soon, I will begin spreading a word (via those free documents) that I also do Business Plans, help with academic projects and editing text non-related to academia. I don't daydream anymore, because it lead nowhere in the past - I experiment, analyze and adapt instead.

People trust me. People trust my services. No matter what I do now, people see me as a smart guy that knows his drill. And not because I pushed my ads through peoples' throats - it is because I showed what I am capable of by providing value and information people needed.

Former haters (even group trolls) turned into my supporters. Yeah, I still have toxic people stopping by, but I don't need to open my mouth in the comment section before they are eaten by dozens of people that support me and feel grateful for what I do.

This month I am going to write a mega information pack for Lithuanian community in Ireland. It will be roughly 100 page document, written in native language that will be an ultimate guide for Lithuanians thinking of moving to Ireland or folks that recently came here. It will explain everything, from tax system to getting a mortgage for people on minimum wage. I will share this document for free in groups, websites related to Lithuanian community and more...and I will drop few hints here and there in that document as to what I do and my contact details.

So, I don't chase the cat anymore. I concentrate on preparing a food cat desperately wants and wait until the cat comes to me purring and asking for more.

I don't count how much money I make via entrepreneurship. Why? While struggling with depression and having no energy to even get my butt out of bed I wasn't making any sales. The numbers were terrible, like €50-€100 per month. My savings were drying like mad...

So, I decided to have a look at what I made in pure profit since June. They are not something to be proud of, but represents of the value I provide:

In June I made €1500, in July €1900, in August €2200 and in September €1900. The numbers change due to the fact that money is chained to my time - I have created a job and every second I spend on building a system is not spent on making money.

Yeah, it's not CENTS - it's not a money making system that functions autonomously. But guess what? The whole point was to heal myself from depression - or at least learn how to control it while helping others...so the money I made so far is a lovely side-effect of that single choice to help others and help myself as a result.

It's 1:35am here and I am about to begin writing a Business Plan for one of my clients, because that feeling of worthiness is damn addictive and I want more, much more of it!

Best of luck providing value and reaching financial independence folks!

Almantas,

Thank you for sharing your story. Reading this and all the helpful comments below it, was a great inspiration for me. It takes real guts to be this honest with yourself and the community.
FULL DISCLOSURE: I am not a professional and want to be clear that everyone is very different. However, the most important thing is what you are eating. Many people are intolerant of things and don't have an immediate reaction but it can dramatically effect many aspects of your life, including mood. I think exercise is great and should absolutely be a part of your daily regimen, even a little bit will release dopamine. However, it's sooooooooo much more important what you are putting into your body. I personally prescribe to low carb and low sugar (within reason). I am also a huge proponent of intermittent fasting. This has had a profound effect on my mood over the years. Please reach out if you want more details.

Thanks again for the inspiration!

Visionary96

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Oct 23, 2018
Torquay, United Kingdom
Amazing stuff. I am going to direct myself back to this post if I ever need reminding what entrepreneurship is truly about, real problems, real resolutions. Truly inspiring material here.

Suzanne Bazemore

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Sep 30, 2018
Spring, TX
@Almantas, that 100 page book you plan to write to help people - have you considered selling it? I imagine that it will offer a lot of value to people, and there is no harm in not giving it away. If you self-publish, you can still give away free or reduced-cost copies to whomever you want. Since the book would be non-fiction, and you have many followers, you can reach your target audience. Also, if you are making some money from that, then you will have your time a little more freed to continue with other helpful ventures.

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
@Almantas, that 100 page book you plan to write to help people - have you considered selling it? I imagine that it will offer a lot of value to people, and there is no harm in not giving it away. If you self-publish, you can still give away free or reduced-cost copies to whomever you want. Since the book would be non-fiction, and you have many followers, you can reach your target audience. Also, if you are making some money from that, then you will have your time a little more freed to continue with other helpful ventures.

Thanks for stopping by. I understand what you are trying to say and it makes perfect financial sense, however I am currently still playing somewhat different game. This 100 page document will be a master marketing document for me - it will mention my services and my contact details on like every second page, so people can see from the quality of my work that I know what I am talking about. It is free marketing for me and I am pretty sure more than a thousand people will see this document, probably tens of thousands in longer-term and guess what? Each of them will get to know me (yes, there will be a small intro about me) and what services I offer if they (or their friends) happen to need my assistance in the future.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Threads like these remind me why I started this forum years ago.

Love to see the outpouring of community support here and to hear about the progress.

It's a feedback loop connector for myself and hopefully, to many others who may follow. @Almantas -- I remember earlier you were having some tough times, glad to hear you are in a better place!!

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Threads like these remind me why I started this forum years ago.

Love to see the outpouring of community support here and to hear about the progress.

It's a feedback loop connector for myself and hopefully, to many others who may follow. @Almantas -- I remember earlier you were having some tough times, glad to hear you are in a better place!!

This is why I call this forum my family. Because it's a place where I am understood. Thanks for creating this forum and being here with us.

Jello

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 1, 2018
NL
@Almantas Great post indeed. I'm no stranger to depressions and suffering from PTSD leads often to procrastination.
But post likes this keeps me coming back to this forum and keeps remembering that's all about providing value.
Not the lambo posts but people like you.

Respect and keep on doing what you're doing, it's very inspiring.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
i dont know what your diet is like but you can easily tweak things here and there to turn DIEt (hate the word) into lifestyle. For me keto works. For you, you have to just figure out what will get your body out of homeostasis and into fat burning mode which will surely enough increase energy levels thus uplifting your moods, etc.

Rearden

Inventor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Aug 24, 2017
Michigan
Love this @Almantas Thank you!
I have had a difficult time getting the entrepreneurial engine started back up. But I love this and am going to do it!
Thanks again!

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
i dont know what your diet is like but you can easily tweak things here and there to turn DIEt (hate the word) into lifestyle. For me keto works. For you, you have to just figure out what will get your body out of homeostasis and into fat burning mode which will surely enough increase energy levels thus uplifting your moods, etc.

Yes, diet is critical part of a productive lifestyle. I forgot the guy's name, but there was a thread on forum about a guy that couldn't function properly while eating carbs - I am the same. That's why I jumped back onto Ketogenic lifestyle again - no more brain fog, no more irritation, no more junk food cravings and positive attitude throughout the day.

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
Yes, diet is critical part of a productive lifestyle. I forgot the guy's name, but there was a thread on forum about a guy that couldn't function properly while eating carbs - I am the same. That's why I jumped back onto Ketogenic lifestyle again - no more brain fog, no more irritation, no more junk food cravings and positive attitude throughout the day.

I eat largely the same. The amount of times I hear this exact same story is incredible! Who would have thought the USDA food pyramid is upside down...

F Wings

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Oct 27, 2018
Finland
This was an inspiring read. Truly.

So what's next in the bullet list for you now that you got your mojo & income up?

Might I suggest fixing the lifestyle once and for all? Start gradually making more and more healthy habits. If I might make a humble suggestion or two from someone who has had some struggles with depression in the past:

1. Get a steady circadian rhythm. I read on your post you were working in the wee hours. Most people tend to function best with getting up around the same time the sun gets up. It's what nature indented. Whatever the time you get up, it should be around the same time every day. This will help you sleep better. Sleep is numero uno - most crucial thing for keeping a good mood and your mind working.

2. Diet & exercise: Good on you you found your favourable diet. Now stick to it and only take a cheat meal when you yourself allow it. For example: once a week, no more and no less.

Tip on getting exercise done: allow yourself to cut some slack when it comes to the quality of the workout but never ever skip it. If one set of pushups is all you can pull off today then go ahead and do it. Have the mind-set you at least did something, you progressed. Think marathon vs sprint. And besides, once you do your one set of pushups workout you usually don't stop there. First set is always the hardest. You will feel like doing something more.

Bottom line: take it easy, but take it

Tip n:2: Vary your exercises and make them fun. This isn't about building a bodybuilder physique, remember? It's about controlling your mood and keeping healthy. Do explosive sprints one day: feel your heart pound, and other day pick a pair of dumb-bells and do an arm workout. Whatever gets you going that day.

3. Have you researched intermitted fasting? Seems to work well with my diet (low carb/paleo)

best of luck.

Last edited:

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
Ketogenic lifestyle
I think its a blessing to be across the pond, because keto works here. I love it. I have so much energy now like i was when i was a lot younger. Hope you enjoy it bro. it really works if you are disciplined enough.

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
This was an inspiring read. Truly.

So what's next in the bullet list for you now that you got your mojo & income up?

Might I suggest fixing the lifestyle once and for all? Start gradually making more and more healthy habits. If I might make a humble suggestion or two from someone who has had some struggles with depression in the past:

1. Get a steady circadian rhythm. I read on your post you were working in the wee hours. Most people tend to function best with getting up around the same time the sun gets up. It's what nature indented. Whatever the time you get up, it should be around the same time every day. This will help you sleep better. Sleep is numero uno - most crucial thing for keeping a good mood and your mind working.

2. Diet & exercise: Good on you you found your favourable diet. Now stick to it and only take a cheat meal when you yourself allow it. For example: once a week, no more and no less.

Tip on getting exercise done: allow yourself to cut some slack when it comes to the quality of the workout but never ever skip it. If one set of pushups is all you can pull off today then go ahead and do it. Have the mind-set you at least did something, you progressed. Think marathon vs sprint. And besides, once you do your one set of pushups workout you usually don't stop there. First set is always the hardest. You will feel like doing something more.

Bottom line: take it easy, but take it

Tip n:2: Vary your exercises and make them fun. This isn't about building a bodybuilder physique, remember? It's about controlling your mood and keeping healthy. Do explosive sprints one day: feel your heart pound, and other day pick a pair of dumb-bells and do an arm workout. Whatever gets you going that day.

3. Have you researched intermitted fasting? Seems to work well with my diet (low carb/paleo)

best of luck.

Hey!

Repped for wisdom bombs!

What's my goal now? Continue providing value and get paid for it and use money I make to build a sustainable and with scaling opportunities business (got solid idea and execution blueprint ready - will probably open an execution thread).

As per sleeping routine - you're very right! It's more than important, but I usually slip through cracks and fall into mess again. My sleep schedule is all over the place now. Sometimes I work till 5am and then sleep until 7am and then hit a sack at like 9am and teleport 5 hours into the future without hearing my phone alarm buzzing (in fact it buzzes so long that my phone dies, lol). So gotta fix this one immediately.

As per gym and diet - you hit the nail on the head. Now, I don't push myself too hard, the point is just to go to the gym. I even play my mind a bit, convincing myself it's going to be a 10 minute cardio session, but after 10 minute cardio I begin shopping around and last for another hour, lol. In terms of diet, I am eating one meal a day now, all protein, healthy fats and minimal carbs - I find it easy to measure nutrients when I eat only once a day...and guess what? I feel terribly great! I can finally concentrate and my mood swings are almost the thing of the past.

Thanks man!

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Hi, thanks for your insightful reply!

Very interesting story of yours. I definitely think there's a direct relation between helping others and reducing effects of depression - I am a living proof of it. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe it was related to my feeling of accomplishment and positive feedback I was receiving from many people - although not directly, IMHO it's still somewhat related to providing value and helping others.
Yes @Bekit's story was great. I loved it, and Bekit's mother deserves high praise for finding the solution to the problem.

@Almantas, your story has been most enjoyable. I rarely suffer from depression. At worst it might be very short term circumstantial depression, but reading your story has certainly given me a boost.

I don't think I am addicted to the Dopamine shots that I get from this amazing forum, but I certainly enjoy being here.

If anyone ever doubted that helping others is good for you, your thread provides the definitive answer. The benefits derived can be physical, mental, economic, and even spiritual.

Keep up the good work. To all readers I say: Don't start helping in order to gain the benefits. Just help because it is the right thing to do.

Walter

F Wings

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Oct 27, 2018
Finland
Hey!

Repped for wisdom bombs!

What's my goal now? Continue providing value and get paid for it and use money I make to build a sustainable and with scaling opportunities business (got solid idea and execution blueprint ready - will probably open an execution thread).

As per sleeping routine - you're very right! It's more than important, but I usually slip through cracks and fall into mess again. My sleep schedule is all over the place now. Sometimes I work till 5am and then sleep until 7am and then hit a sack at like 9am and teleport 5 hours into the future without hearing my phone alarm buzzing (in fact it buzzes so long that my phone dies, lol). So gotta fix this one immediately.

As per gym and diet - you hit the nail on the head. Now, I don't push myself too hard, the point is just to go to the gym. I even play my mind a bit, convincing myself it's going to be a 10 minute cardio session, but after 10 minute cardio I begin shopping around and last for another hour, lol. In terms of diet, I am eating one meal a day now, all protein, healthy fats and minimal carbs - I find it easy to measure nutrients when I eat only once a day...and guess what? I feel terribly great! I can finally concentrate and my mood swings are almost the thing of the past.

Thanks man!

Great! Hope to read more about your business soon. One meal a day sounds great. I'm doing good with two at the moment.

Edit: oh and thanks for the $$$ :cool:

Edit2: I could go on and on about health hacks but I'm not gonna hijack this thread. Just hit me up if you need help with anything health related. It's my n1 passion in life. I got truckload of bro tips for ya ha ha.

Last edited:

Everyman

Get To The Choppa!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Dec 31, 2015
Ireland
@Almantas congrats man on, not only picking yourself up, but gaining a lot of momentum and rewards.

I am happy to hear you could help Lithuanians here. Your business is similar to one person's that I know (he 'serves' the Polish community). Good luck with it!

LucasLim

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 31, 2018
@Almantas I gotta say.. You're a beast!

Breaking through your own depression by helping others.. And by taking action to help others and learning from your audience, you've gained your confidence, a new BMW and a brighter future!

Is that Kinetic Execution or what?

Keep it up! :)

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
@Almantas I gotta say.. You're a beast!

Breaking through your own depression by helping others.. And by taking action to help others and learning from your audience, you've gained your confidence, a new BMW and a brighter future!

Is that Kinetic Execution or what?

Keep it up! :)

Haha, thanks man!

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
bump - Inspiring stories need to be kept visible to encourage others.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.