The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Buidling a e-commerce website... so painful !

JM35

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Jul 13, 2013
Denver
I'm having the same issue setting up my payment system. I built my own WP site with WooCommerce & I'm trying to learn the payment system/plugin called Braintree. I thought if I could list two shirts for sale it would give me the experience to add more items and grow, but I can't even get the Shop page right. The WooCommerce Shop page won't let me insert text unless it's crammed into the Sidebar or Footer, and the Product page is restricting font size & placement. I don't want 'Related Products' at the bottom either, ugh. I know this is my fault due to being an amateur, but I've lost months of my life just trying to put up two shirts for sale. Maybe I should just sell my shirts on the street corner. Any advice is welcome, and I don't have resources to pay a web designer. Thanks & sorry for coming across so frustrated, but I'm on a mission to get into the FastLane. Cheers to you!
I would strongly recommend a premium theme....my favorite is Avada. It's $60 and you can learn to use it in a couple hours max. Pretty much drag and drop to design it the way you want and it has like 20+ premade themes that you can start with.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
I'm trying to learn the payment system/plugin called Braintree.

Not sure why you're using the Briantree plugin.
Just install the "WooCommerce PayPal Checkout Gateway" plugin for simplicity.

The WooCommerce Shop page won't let me insert text unless it's crammed into the Sidebar or Footer, and the Product page is restricting font size & placement. I don't want 'Related Products' at the bottom either, ugh.

These all depends on your theme. Some themes allow you to turn off the WooCommerce sidebar and Related Products under Appearance > Customize ..... but it's theme-specific. What theme are you using?

I know this is my fault due to being an amateur, but I've lost months of my life just trying to put up two shirts for sale. Maybe I should just sell my shirts on the street corner.

Have you tried Shopify?

Any advice is welcome, and I don't have resources to pay a web designer.

It doesn't cost much to hire someone to fix your WooCommerce site. Go to Upwork, post a job with your requirements. Since it's mostly simple fixes for your case, I believe you can get it all done for US$150 or less. Just hire someone from eastern europe. They're very affordable and good.

jon.M

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jul 4, 2016
Sweden
I'm having the same issue setting up my payment system. I built my own WP site with WooCommerce & I'm trying to learn the payment system/plugin called Braintree. I thought if I could list two shirts for sale it would give me the experience to add more items and grow, but I can't even get the Shop page right. The WooCommerce Shop page won't let me insert text unless it's crammed into the Sidebar or Footer, and the Product page is restricting font size & placement. I don't want 'Related Products' at the bottom either, ugh. I know this is my fault due to being an amateur, but I've lost months of my life just trying to put up two shirts for sale. Maybe I should just sell my shirts on the street corner. Any advice is welcome, and I don't have resources to pay a web designer. Thanks & sorry for coming across so frustrated, but I'm on a mission to get into the FastLane. Cheers to you!

How can you expect to grow a successful site if you can't even get past setting up your payment system? Just install the PayPal or Stripe plugins instead, or hire an Upwork monkey to fix it for you. Can't pay a web developer from some third world country to make minor changes to your site? I've got a solution for you:

1. Close down your laptop
2. Get in your car
3. Go to McDonald's and apply for a job
4. Work for 1 day
5. You now have the resources to hire a freelancer

Voila. You won't have to spend months on this minor inconvenience. Another solution is to get Elementor Pro and design your shop exactly how you'd like by dragging and dropping each element where you want it. It costs 49 bucks, but the money-making method mentioned above should work for this as well.

NordikaX

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Apr 4, 2018
Simi Valley, California
How can you expect to grow a successful site if you can't even get past setting up your payment system? Just install the PayPal or Stripe plugins instead, or hire an Upwork monkey to fix it for you. Can't pay a web developer from some third world country to make minor changes to your site? I've got a solution for you:

1. Close down your laptop
2. Get in your car
3. Go to McDonald's and apply for a job
4. Work for 1 day
5. You now have the resources to hire a freelancer

Voila. You won't have to spend months on this minor inconvenience. Another solution is to get Elementor Pro and design your shop exactly how you'd like by dragging and dropping each element where you want it. It costs 49 bucks, but the money-making method mentioned above should work for this as well.

Thanks for your response, but I finally figured out the problem. I have a theme called Divi, but I was building the site in the Default Editor which seemed very restricted. I was coding and learning a bunch of Plugins to make it look as professional as I could, but hitting a lot of roadblocks. Last night I stumbled on this Divi Builder button which is baby stuff compared to what I was having to learn. It comes with pre made layouts and everything so I don't have to code in all the colors, font sizes, margins, dimensions and layouts any more. I guess I can chalk it up to getting a hard knocks education. In response to your list: I don't have a car, I've already worked at McDonald's and I prefer to have control over my business so I want to design and operate the website myself rather than hire someone from a third world country. I do appreciate your response though, and now I'm one day closer to the FastLane! Cheers to all of our successes.

NordikaX

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Apr 4, 2018
Simi Valley, California
My experience with any of these platforms from WooCommerce to Shopify or other membership platforms I have used to sell courses is that there is ALWAYS an up-front learning curve - take a few hours to learn how to manipulate the platform and be willing to throw a $100 or so at contractors to help when you get stuck (there are tons of WooCommerce experts out there) - you can also post specific questions to technical forums and get the answers for nothing though it may take a day or two.
I would strongly recommend a premium theme....my favorite is Avada. It's $60 and you can learn to use it in a couple hours max. Pretty much drag and drop to design it the way you want and it has like 20+ premade themes that you can start with.
Thank you for your advice. I appreciate it.

NordikaX

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Apr 4, 2018
Simi Valley, California
My experience with any of these platforms from WooCommerce to Shopify or other membership platforms I have used to sell courses is that there is ALWAYS an up-front learning curve - take a few hours to learn how to manipulate the platform and be willing to throw a $100 or so at contractors to help when you get stuck (there are tons of WooCommerce experts out there) - you can also post specific questions to technical forums and get the answers for nothing though it may take a day or two.
Thank you for the advice.

NordikaX

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Apr 4, 2018
Simi Valley, California
Not sure why you're using the Briantree plugin.
Just install the "WooCommerce PayPal Checkout Gateway" plugin for simplicity.

These all depends on your theme. Some themes allow you to turn off the WooCommerce sidebar and Related Products under Appearance > Customize ..... but it's theme-specific. What theme are you using?

Have you tried Shopify?

It doesn't cost much to hire someone to fix your WooCommerce site. Go to Upwork, post a job with your requirements. Since it's mostly simple fixes for your case, I believe you can get it all done for US$150 or less. Just hire someone from eastern europe. They're very affordable and good.
Thanks for your advice!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.