The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Goal: To live an Unscripted Life free of social constructs

dKot

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Oct 19, 2018
Ukraine
Hi. My name's Dmitrii, from Ukraine. I've recently read UNSCRIPTED and it brought me here. I wouldn't say I live a scripted life in the sense that you imagine, but I'm scripted nonetheless. After I dropped out of University in 2014, I haven't been able to find a steady job, until recently. I've been working remotely here and there, doing grunt work, post, upload, that kind of stuff, until I secured my job as a teacher. It's 100% remote job, so I don't have to go to the office etc. and yet within the first chapters of the book, I felt like something was wrong and my life still feels scripted. I love communicating and teaching people and makes me feel good, knowing that I create some value in people's lives. I work around 3-4 hours a day and though the schedule sucks, it's been one year already.

I had several attempts to start a business online, needless to say the all failed. Having now read the book I realize how wrong I was about how to even think about business, how to think about entrepreneurship and what it even is. My every business attempt, unbeknownst to me was about creating value, but my inability to focus and grind to get results was a recipe for disaster every time.

I come to this forum with a goal of educating myself, training in seeing value, training in seeing problems and discovering opportunities and most importantly I'm tired of everybody around me saying to get a real job, you're a failure, because you didn't graduate, time to start a family. I want out. It would be a lie to say that motivation for my success is not a desire to prove everybody around me wrong and to see people living their "right"(that's what we would call it here) lives witness the script fail them.

I apologize, if I wasn't cohesive enough. I'm not a native speaker.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hi. My name's Dmitrii, from Ukraine. I've recently read UNSCRIPTED and it brought me here. I wouldn't say I live a scripted life in the sense that you imagine, but I'm scripted nonetheless. After I dropped out of University in 2014, I haven't been able to find a steady job, until recently. I've been working remotely here and there, doing grunt work, post, upload, that kind of stuff, until I secured my job as a teacher. It's 100% remote job, so I don't have to go to the office etc. and yet within the first chapters of the book, I felt like something was wrong and my life still feels scripted. I love communicating and teaching people and makes me feel good, knowing that I create some value in people's lives. I work around 3-4 hours a day and though the schedule sucks, it's been one year already.

I had several attempts to start a business online, needless to say the all failed. Having now read the book I realize how wrong I was about how to even think about business, how to think about entrepreneurship and what it even is. My every business attempt, unbeknownst to me was about creating value, but my inability to focus and grind to get results was a recipe for disaster every time.

I come to this forum with a goal of educating myself, training in seeing value, training in seeing problems and discovering opportunities and most importantly I'm tired of everybody around me saying to get a real job, you're a failure, because you didn't graduate, time to start a family. I want out. It would be a lie to say that motivation for my success is not a desire to prove everybody around me wrong and to see people living their "right"(that's what we would call it here) lives witness the script fail them.

I apologize, if I wasn't cohesive enough. I'm not a native speaker.
Perfect English. Thanks for your intro and welcome.

If you're a natural teacher then consider scaling what's already keeping a roof over your head? How can you scale what you're currently doing so that it helps even more people?

The "300 surveys" call in my sig might help.

dKot

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Oct 19, 2018
Ukraine
Perfect English. Thanks for your intro and welcome.

If you're a natural teacher then consider scaling what's already keeping a roof over your head? How can you scale what you're currently doing so that it helps even more people?

The "300 surveys" call in my sig might help.
Andy, thanks. It is a good idea and I thought about it. But the thing is I work in this really innovative company that offers a great online platform for learning, everything is interactive and fancy, they grow 300% every year.
But, with all things being where they are, some things are missing and I've seen many students dissatisfied for various reasons. Price for one is rather high. For students from Russia it's relatively okay, but Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan, people are not thrilled and it's hard for them to pay for classes and they go somewhere else 95% of the time. All this gets me thinking that there's a clear opportunity here. As you can clearly see, right?

I'll definitely take a look at what you recommend, Andy. Thank you.

MTEE1985

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
425%
Jun 12, 2018
Arizona
Andy, thanks. It is a good idea and I thought about it. But the thing is I work in this really innovative company that offers a great online platform for learning, everything is interactive and fancy, they grow 300% every year.
But, with all things being where they are, some things are missing and I've seen many students dissatisfied for various reasons. Price for one is rather high. For students from Russia it's relatively okay, but Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan, people are not thrilled and it's hard for them to pay for classes and they go somewhere else 95% of the time. All this gets me thinking that there's a clear opportunity here. As you can clearly see, right?

I'll definitely take a look at what you recommend, Andy. Thank you.

Welcome DmitriI! Sounds like a clear opportunity in your niche, I look forward to your progress.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome my friend, glad the book has brought you here!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...