The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2015 Meetup Attendee Success Story (Just featured in Forbes)

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Thenernsauce

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
Feb 20, 2015
Dallas TX
I doubt anyone will remember me, but my name's Alex and in 2015 I attended the meet-up because my client Justin gave me his ticket. At the time, I was a personal trainer working in Dallas and loved the book, but didn't know anything about the community. I was SUPER hesitant about going and didn't book my ticket till the last second. Good thing I went... that meet-up set off a series of events that changed my life forever.

Here's a video of I took at the time:

High quality camera work.

Basic highlights of my story:

• Went to conference in (March 2015)
  • Tried to start some text messaging company that failed (June 2015)
  • Realized I overreached and needed to start somewhere more practical
  • Started a health blog with my gf (Julyish 2015)
  • First blog completely failed and lost money
  • Started a second health blog (Sep 2015)
  • That one made $103,457.98 its first year
  • Started a third blog teaching other people how we did it (July 2016)
  • Now averaging $75,000/m blogging with the combined blogs
  • Will likely hit 100k this month
A feature on our success story just got published in Forbes and I wanted to share it with the group. I'm glad to see Dave mentioned the Millionaire Fastlane and MJ a few times.

The Article: https://www.forbes.com/sites/daviddomzalski/2018/01/18/make-75000-per-month/#db80b4c60598

There's really no secret to our success. Just the process. We didn't create a revolutionary product or invent an app that cures cancer. Lauren and I just worked the process.

Some final thoughts:
  • THANK YOU MJ. Meeting you was very important for my biz success. Seeing you live in your truth as an introvert, genuinely wanting to help people was just rad. Will always appreciate that.
  • Thank you other attendees. At the time, I was just a personal trainer with some pretty hair brained ideas who did not even participate on the forum. But you guys accepted me and taught me a lot. The community was just awesome and I am thankful for you guys (except my roommate who bailed out on paying his half of the room. People don't forget lol)
  • If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer any I can
I do want to say that I'm not active on here because I just found I get too addicted to reading this thing and spend too little time working the process... In that way, forums like this can be a bit of a black hole of time for me. Part of me feels guilty for not documenting the success with yall or being more apart of the community, but I know myself and it was the right decision for me.

Cheers,
Alex Nerney

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Dunkafelics

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Jun 12, 2015
Vancouver, Canada
Alex,

Your story is a huge inspiration to me as a family man who is waking up at 4 am, while working a full-time job and developing the skills necessary to create a business.

It is great to see that despite your financial success, you are not painting a picture of immediate riches. It sounds like you guys worked hard and persevered until the doors opened for the two of you.

I am going to add both of your blogs to my favourites and will check out your resources very soon.

Are you going to be attending the Fastlane Summit this year?

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I doubt anyone will remember me, but my name's Alex and in 2015 I attended the meet-up because my client Justin gave me his ticket. At the time, I was a personal trainer working in Dallas and loved the book, but didn't know anything about the community. I was SUPER hesitant about going and didn't book my ticket till the last second. Good thing I went... that meet-up set off a series of events that changed my life forever.

Here's a video of I took at the time:

High quality camera work.

Basic highlights of my story:

• Went to conference in (March 2015)
  • Tried to start some text messaging company that failed (June 2015)
  • Realized I overreached and needed to start somewhere more practical
  • Started a health blog with my gf (Julyish 2015)
  • First blog completely failed and lost money
  • Started a second health blog (Sep 2015)
  • That one made $103,457.98 its first year
  • Started a third blog teaching other people how we did it (July 2016)
  • Now averaging $75,000/m blogging with the combined blogs
  • Will likely hit 100k this month
A feature on our success story just got published in Forbes and I wanted to share it with the group. I'm glad to see Dave mentioned the Millionaire Fastlane and MJ a few times.

The Article: https://www.forbes.com/sites/daviddomzalski/2018/01/18/make-75000-per-month/#db80b4c60598

There's really no secret to our success. Just the process. We didn't create a revolutionary product or invent an app that cures cancer. Lauren and I just worked the process.

Some final thoughts:
  • THANK YOU MJ. Meeting you was very important for my biz success. Seeing you live in your truth as an introvert, genuinely wanting to help people was just rad. Will always appreciate that.
  • Thank you other attendees. At the time, I was just a personal trainer with some pretty hair brained ideas who did not even participate on the forum. But you guys accepted me and taught me a lot. The community was just awesome and I am thankful for you guys (except my roommate who bailed out on paying his half of the room. People don't forget)
  • If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer any I can
I do want to say that I'm not active on here because I just found I get too addicted to reading this thing and spend too little time working the process... In that way, forums like this can be a bit of a black hole of time for me. Part of me feels guilty for not documenting the success with yall or being more apart of the community, but I know myself and it was the right decision for me.

Cheers,
Alex Nerney

Love this

Notable

Speed+++

@MJ DeMarco

Genius01

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Dec 18, 2017
Nigeria
Wow!
Great feature story on Forbes. And kudos to you for a great job.

I like the fact that The "Process" is clearly documented there, and a lot of emphasis is laid on the Process rather than the Event.

And great free publicity for @MJ DeMarco and FLF. That's what you get for helping people turn their lives around.
I'll always say it that MJ will never be able to fully realize how much he has impacted people's lives with his book and with this forum.
The appreciation he sees, is just a tip of the iceberg of impact he's had on people's lives.

Will definitely mention him in my own success story someday when I am being featured on Forbes et al.

#Back to the grind.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Yes! Love a good success story! Why wait 50 years for stock market miracles!? You can do it the Fastlane way!

TKRR

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Nov 27, 2017
Ohio
This is awesome. Congrats for sticking to it and learning where to create value. Also, you are so right about this forum, haha, it's easy to spend a lot of time here, when you really should be working towards your dreams.

Thanks for sharing. Great write up in Forbes!

BlueMoon

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Jun 3, 2018
Earth
I always thought blogging as a business was dead. But you just proved otherwise. Amazing man.

garyfritz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 16, 2011
Colorado
I always thought blogging as a business was dead. But you just proved otherwise. Amazing man.
+1. Major props, Alex. I had no idea success like that was possible in the blogging space.

My current business leaves me with lots of free time, and I'm a pretty good writer. I think I need to go check out Create and Go ...

Blake_Writes

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 13, 2018
Santa Monica, CA
Incredible story! And so simple. Create and Go just may save me from never writing my first post or creating my first video (I'm terribly guilty of overanalyzing, researching and well, action-faking).

Thank you! The timing is really something.
I'll see you out there on the dusty blogging trail.

Good luck!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.