The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

THERE IS NO SPOON

Celtic Guardian

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Oct 16, 2018
Monterey California
Hello Guys

I am 22 years old. At 18 years old, I decided not to go to college because I didn't really know what I was supposed to be doing with my life. I worked odd jobs and fixed computers. I saved money and traveled across the United States because I wanted to meet people and see a different perspective. I've always felt like I have two brains, one in my head and one in my stomach. I almost always follow my gut feeling on things and for some reason college just didn't seem right. Why should I go just because everybody else is? I wanted to find my purpose for being alive on this earth. I focused my time on reading books and personal development instead of going to college.

My friend recommended that I look up "Jim Rohn" and I went heavily into personal development. I realized I had to change myself and specifically my mindset in order to find the big answers in life and I quickly took one of Jim's lessons to heart: become financially independent and new areas of your life will open up for you. I was the type of person that would read any book or attend any seminar because I believed that successful people had some kind of golden nugget of information or opportunity that made them who they are when in reality it was their character, work ethic, mindset, vision, skills, and persistence that made them who they are today. I read Rich Dad Poor Dad and the cashflow quadrant / business of the 21st century and I discovered something called network marketing. At first I thought it had to do something with computers.

I was hungry for opportunity so when one came knocking I didn't want to say no. A longtime high school friend of mine introduced me to "network marketing" AKA Multi-level marketing. That's when I remembered where I read it from... He showed me the products and how to make money and what I had to do to get it. I put a 2 thousand dollar pack on my credit card and joined the opportunity. It was my first time going into entrepreneurship.

I worked and worked and after 2 years of working like crazy, I was making 10 thousand dollars a month. I survived by sleeping in my car and using a korean spa membership to shower, rest, and store my clothes and dry cleaning. Id buy a dozen or so fried chicken sandwiches from safeway and store them in an icebox in the back of my car. They would stay warm from staying in the Los Angeles sun while I was driving going to starbucks and hotel lobbies doing presentations. Afterwards I would drive to the spa take a shower and I would just eat them (still warm) and read. It felt liberating. After I made a little success I came back home and my parents were supportive because I had some proof that I was going somewhere. I bought every course on how to succeed in this industry and mindset training. I bought tickets to every event and literally did everything I possibly could to succeed in this industry. I recruited a lot of people and the company gave me a car and life was pretty good. but it didn't last for long.

Due to politics within my network marketing organization (jealousy), someone falsely accused me of cross-recruiting (putting people in a different company) and reported me all without my knowledge. I woke up one sunny day and got an email notifying me that I was no longer a distributor. 2 years of working like crazy and the sacrifice, it all just blew up in my face. It was a complete shock and I had a nervous breakdown because my income source dried up in minutes. 2 years of work unraveled to nothing. A month ago, the company re-instated me after looking more into the issue but I had already moved on.

I realized something was seriously wrong with what I was doing and thinking. I chased opportunities (this is the next big company join to get the early advantage) and it was a very bad time. Then I decided to step back, breathe, and empty my cup so to speak. I was willing to start again and forgive myself for my mistakes.

I got a job working at the geek squad at bestbuy as a computer repair guy during the day and read books all the time. I just didn't know what direction to go to or what to do, but I just really believe that something good will happen if I persist in finding the answers. I was recommended this book by a blog I frequent daily: Bold and Determined and gave it a go. The millionaire fastlane hit me like a bag of bricks.

Just through the first chapter, I felt tears well up in my eyes. What I read gave me hope that there can be a brighter future through real entrepreneurship. I started to realize that not all hope is lost because I can focus on developing myself and moving forward instead of focusing on what I lost.

It immediately dawned on me: There is no blueprint or step by step map. There is no spoon. There is no golden opportunity or "fairy god mentor" as MJ put it. I have to focus on developing skills so I can deliver value to the marketplace. Without skills,I won't be able to provide and help people. I just have to focus on helping people get what they want so I can get closer to getting what I want: enlightened self interest.

Currently, I've saved enough money and I've started a small travel business in Malaysia with a family member who is there and I'm still saving money because I want to move to SaaS and unscripted entrepreneurship. I am confident in my future and I really believe that by increasing my skills, working on my mindset, and bringing value to the marketplace I can become financially free which will open up more aspects up in my life.

My story is just beginning.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Welcome!

What a journey so far.

I'm pleasantly surprised that you reached some success in MLM, even if you got tossed out in the end.
You can do well, with the stuff you picked up from there, now you know better about what a real business actually constitutes.

Currently, I've saved enough money and I've started a small travel business in Malaysia with a family member who is there and I'm still saving money because I want to move to SaaS and unscripted entrepreneurship. .
Oho!
Which state are you in? :smile: All of a sudden, I'm thinking of some local tours...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...