The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

TopDirective

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Nov 15, 2017
Dear Fastlaners,

NB: I know you are busy and giving ~8 minutes to read someone's story may seem much. If so, skip down to Present Life if you are curious what I am working on right now.

It's strange how life can turn out when you take action... A few months ago, I wrote an introductory post (now removed) where I was so proud of my the then successes that I claimed making 800-1200€/m as that I 'made it' (of course not in general or a measure for anybody, but just compared to my past).

Reality was that, I was insecure and struggled with moving from a non-scalable business generating below minimum wage. Things changed since summer, so I decided to put down a brand new post.

I am grateful to be on these forums!

☯ How Desperation Triggered Transformation

Early upbringing

I am a deeply rooted introvert. At least that was what I thought... I was born in a city in Slovakia. Growing up without father and mom working 9-5, I would spend afternoons alone experimenting with our computer. About at an age of 10, I started experimenting with recording in videogames and messing with computers. After breaking stuff numerous times I figured out how to "fix" computers myself and designed a few personal websites in HTML and CSS.

In 2012, my life turned around when my family and I moved to Norway. Times were challenging and I find it difficult to rebuilt my social circle for years. Same year, I opened a very first Minecraft server and at the time of its end two years later it reached over 30,000 unique players. As a perfectionist, I wanted to code custom stuff for it, and in order to do so I had to learn a completely new coding language.

During that time, I struggled with depression and loneliness. I would dream about the perfect girl and end up in self-pity or blaming the circumstances and had seen the move as almost the end of my life. After facing a hard rejection I finally took the responsibility and changed my life. Within weeks, I embodied a personal transformation and become more social, free and actionable person. I started talking to girls and eventually got into a relationship lasting over a year. This feeling of inner fire had carried me all the way out of college and working on my dreams two years straight.

Accidental entrepreneur
I started sales business aged 17, although I did not took it seriously until two years into it. I dropped my own Minecraft server and in due time developed 7 programs sold publicly. These small programs would cost about 5-10€ each but I had saved enough to move on my own to Budapest, Hungary this year.

♫ How I Made More Than Ever After Quitting University

Honestly, I did not do many things right. Soon I burned out and lost my passion for taking massive action. I become lazy and overwhelmed by daily routines and tasks from a low-income business such as answering customer questions or coding new features that took my energy for anything bigger. Waking up at 6am and repeating the mantra "Resistance means I got to do it" seemed to loose its power completely.

Without my mom's financial support I would not be able to work on anything bigger for a much longer time, and I am very thankful for her.

Get-rich-quick schemes are something that caught my attention many times this year. When I think about it, it's not because I just want the money, but rather I am looking for the peace of mind and security after getting it. I tried stuff from investing in stock and crypto (without knowing a damn and loosing a few thousand $). It felt easier than working on a mobile application with a complex web platform that I originally planned, especially with 0 knowledge on how to start...

Releasing the Big Thing (Online Course)
There is no magic moment when "you feel ready". At some point I just started. No more procrastination. I needed money and knew I had 6 years knowledge in this arena but wanted to abandon it, so to say a last good-bye by teaching other people how to achieve what I did seemed like a solid plan.

After three months, I put together a 24 hours long video-course and the sales just went over the roof the first month. In the following months, I made over $10,000 from just working a few hours a week on this course.

Now the sales are declining, and since the market is extremely narrow I am not planning to work on keeping them up since this is not realistic.

❤ Present Life
Right now I am taking things way more chill than last year. I still feel burned out and need more time to relax even at the age of 21.

Here are some businesses that I am getting into:

★ Creating a video-course for busy entrepreneurs on time and stress management
I got inspired by Tai Lopez's 67 steps program and I am preparing a course for mastering time management and stress. As I mentioned above, burn-out was something that I had to overcome as early as 19 years old, and with my perfectionistic personality I learned a lot about how to manage it.

★ Building a self-development portal
A platform like Evernote but with better focus on self-improvement, with various tools giving one self-insights on their journey and providing a great levels of introspection and reflection. Mobile application + a website.

★ Building a mastermind platform

Small groups of 5-15 people with a coordinator mixed together to create synergy with daily follow-ups and check-ups. One group would contain people of three categories - beginners, intermediate and professionals mixed in such a complementary way that everyone would benefit each other.

★ Building a business tools catalog

For any business there are hundreds of platforms to enhance its functionality, such as social proof banners, customer support, seo tools etc. This platform will give an overview of the top tools in most business categories.

★ Giving (basic) consultation calls to teach course creation (or possibly related to the video-course topics)

Over the last half of the year I learned a lot about creating a video-course and had some success. I am confident in giving advice to total beginners and perhaps even intermediate people who struggle starting out or navigating through teaching online.

The questions I am facing right now are:
  • What to do at first, how to start? I am not here only for the money. I want to give back and be at service to the society. I feel more fulfilled by waking early and spending 2 hours with a customer and hearing his kind words at the end, but I know this won't enable me to move onto bigger goals I have in life.
  • How to get a mentor?
  • Should I force myself to work harder or rather spend time in a more relaxed way and feel of meaning even when not working on some kind of dream?

To be honest I need a mentor. I took almost no action in this arena and was never strategic about it. I am determined to change this and to provide as much value as possible so I can receive something back from people 10-20 years ahead of me. If you feel like you have advice for me, I would be delighted to hear that! (Also I can share you the top books I read or any of my over 1600 notes).

P.S.: Thank you Mr. MJ DeMarco for writing your awesome book The Millionaire Fastlane that had so profound effect on my life and whose ideas are still floating in my mind almost each and every day!

Thank you for reading!

Best,

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MTEE1985

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
425%
Jun 12, 2018
Arizona
Welcome to the forum, and thank you for sharing your story. The wonderful thing here is that just like books you can find hundreds of mentors who have discussed what worked for them and what didn’t. Start with browsing the Gold threads below, they are filled with incredible information.

Search Results for Query: **** | The Fastlane Entrepreneur Forum

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Welcome to the forum! Believe it or not, you’ve already accomplished so much more than many of the people here.

What to do at first, how to start? I am not here only for the money.

Definitely check out the Gold Threads here. There is so much information in those threads, it’s like a mini-MBA.

How to get a mentor?

If you’re looking for one here... start following some of the top members. You’ll get to see their posts on your feed and learn from them. You get mentorship without them even knowing.

To be honest I need a mentor.

Why though? What about accountability partners, or a mastermind? A lot of things a mentor could teach you, you could easily learn here through conversation.

Stick around, you’ll learn a lot!

maverick

Aspice, officio fungeris sine spe honoris ampliori
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Oct 26, 2012
Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself here.

Great formatting on your post - made it really easy to skimread it and digest the most important information first before reading it through. Not everyone does that! ;-)

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Damn dude, sounds like you're already in motion. That's half the battle.

Welcome to the forum, looking forward to hearing, errr reading, what you have to say.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Thanks for sharing your story! Welcome to the forum.

Davidla

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 30, 2009
Colorado, U.S.A
Welcome, enjoyed reading about your story!

These are exactly the challenges and growth that many of us went through, and still going through at various levels..

Like you mentioned at the beginning of your post, what a little while ago seemed to you like a huge successs now looks not very impressive in comparison..you can expect that to happen a few times over again, and that's just the process of growth :)

TopDirective

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Nov 15, 2017
Welcome to the forum, and thank you for sharing your story. The wonderful thing here is that just like books you can find hundreds of mentors who have discussed what worked for them and what didn’t. Start with browsing the Gold threads below, they are filled with incredible information.

Search Results for Query: **** | The Fastlane Entrepreneur Forum
Thanks! I am registered here for over a year now, but I never really got time to dive deep. My bad. The more I discover the more I am astonished over the quality and insightful information here. Sick!

Welcome to the forum! Believe it or not, you’ve already accomplished so much more than many of the people here.

Definitely check out the Gold Threads here. There is so much information in those threads, it’s like a mini-MBA.

If you’re looking for one here... start following some of the top members. You’ll get to see their posts on your feed and learn from them. You get mentorship without them even knowing.

Why though? What about accountability partners, or a mastermind? A lot of things a mentor could teach you, you could easily learn here through conversation.

Stick around, you’ll learn a lot!
Thanks! Nope, I never had a mentor nor a business partner (unless you call a virtual assistant one, lol). Great, I guess I will do! Thanks for reading my post through!

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself here.

Great formatting on your post - made it really easy to skimread it and digest the most important information first before reading it through. Not everyone does that! ;-)
Thanks for your feedback! I know everyone are busy & don't have much time to hang out in the welcome threads, so I tried to keep things simple :)

Damn dude, sounds like you're already in motion. That's half the battle.

Welcome to the forum, looking forward to hearing, errr reading, what you have to say.
Thank you!

Thanks for sharing, great story.

You're welcome!
Hey MJ, wow you really take time for the small things here! I saw you reply on my previous thread as well, awesome to see your your energy and passion for this! All the best!

Thanks for sharing your story! Welcome to the forum.
Thanks!

Welcome, enjoyed reading about your story!

These are exactly the challenges and growth that many of us went through, and still going through at various levels..

Like you mentioned at the beginning of your post, what a little while ago seemed to you like a huge successs now looks not very impressive in comparison..you can expect that to happen a few times over again, and that's just the process of growth :)
Thanks! Let's see what the future brings (what we make it to bring :p).

Julius Alba

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 9, 2018
Philippines
Thank you for the nice introduction... you inspired me to seek more and pursue development in all aspects. Sure, there's no way but progress. You'll definitely have the help that you need here. Lots of incredible and awesome mentors in this forum. Cheers!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...