The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I've Read UNSCRIPTED!

Roger FS

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Aug 23, 2018
MN, USA
Listened to it at least 4 times, this and TMF are my goto Audibles while commuting. I get something more out of it every time.

deepfield

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 23, 2018
I've read Unscripted . I liked it, but I feel that TMF had a much bigger impact on me personally - not surprising, given the long gap between my reading of the two books and the different stage of life that I'm in now compared to then. The parts I liked most were the parts where MJ clarified certain things that he felt he'd over-simplified in TMF - which was valuable, as sometimes it's easy to get sucked into a certain way of thinking and not to question that, which is always dangerous (even if it's from people you respect and admire).

Also, his utter annihilation of the irritatingly ubiquitous ""Mexican Fisherman"" story was brilliant.

Matthew Staton

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Sep 9, 2018
I read UNSCRIPTED . I liked TMF better but UNSCRIPTED was nice also. Sometimes it's a little bit hard to swallow that you've dedicated so much time to slowlane stuff (and, in my case, "have" to dedicate again - don't really want to throw up 10 years of studying for 2 "small" remaining years). But of course it's a mind opening book. I was so happy to know there was another way, because I was so depressed after reading so much slowlane books (Money from T. Robins, particularly). Thank you.
I’m so glad I found this before slowlane books. #puke

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Barer

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 22, 2017
New York
Unscripted is great!! More complete and detailed than TMF .

I will however always have a special love for TMF because it was the one that opened my eyes - I hadn't read anything like that before - but I will keep checking back Unscripted , since it includes more topics to be taken into account while starting a business.

Thank you MJ! Great work!

Cinquecento18

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Sep 21, 2018
Italy
I've read this fantastic book!! I'm not fluent with english and this lectrure was very very hard to figure out an read.
i'm sure to re-read other time for understand all at 100%. I hope in italian version, or hope i have to learn english more and more!

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
I have The Unscripted audiobook and ebook (just like for The Millionaire Fastlane , which I've gifted to friends). Great ideas. It's not about the money, it's about having control over your own life.

Ben Gain

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 31, 2018
Just finish the book and i want to read it again. It's absolutly mind-blowing, NOW it's my turn to take action and to not be a "wantentrepreneur". I have all the tools i need to start so let's go (i can adjust along my journey).

By the way i just want to adress a huge thanks to MJ.

Peace & Act

Ben10bil

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Sep 26, 2018
finished it twice. I have the audio too and was expecting to hear MJ's voice, but the message is what matters. Love this book as much as Fastlane.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I had assumed it was a licensing deal, but I notice that they are actually selling the US printing in Thailand.

TMF has done well in Thai and Unscripted is undergoing translation now in Thai...

As for who is importing them, I'm not sure.

For those who are married give it a try. With the Mrs...reading together was a way to talk about the values and goals in our life.

Awesome to hear you and the wife are on the same page!

It's the most important book I've read in my life and I've read quite a few in the personal development space.

Yes! Goal achieved!

Who is the marketing god who buys up small ecommerce businesses and turn them into money machines a half year later? Can i read his story on this forum?

That was not a forum thread, it was a story told to me. Also @DaveC does a lot of this ... buys underutilized web properties and add value to them.

This book has been literally life changing. I recommended it to my business partner and we are now modeling our business after the commandments in this book. We now have a clear value strategy with the goal of one day cashing out to become UNSCRIPTED .

Yes! Goal achieved!

Hands down the best book I have ever read.

Yes! Goal achieved!

One of 6 most valuable books in my entire life

Yes! Goal achieved!

Value array and attributes. Nice framework

Those few chapters are worth billions. Hope people don't miss it, cuz it is in toward the end.

It's absolutly mind-blowing,

Yes! Goal achieved!

;)

bilkar1985

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Sep 4, 2018
Greece
And YES! The time has come! I have read UNSCRIPTED !

Not devoured, digested and ehem yes that :blush:, but read it.

And this is why I have questions that need answers.

MJ I loved both of your books and I will need to reread them in the (not so far) future. Maybe it is that I have a low IQ :)cool:), but I think that in this way a 2nd read with notes and everything will act as an extra push, DURING the creation, the act and the process towards Unscripting and indicating to the Fastlane.

Thank you very much, you MJ in person, as well as everybody in this forum, for contributing and adding some small, some bigger bits in the forum and "helping" in a way MJ to realize his dream.

IMO everyone here with a positive and growth mindset is another "cog" to a machine that pushes all of us forward, towards realizing our personal goals, wealth especially, whether it is in monetary terms, in terms of time or FUs to your ex-bosses.

George Appiah

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Aug 16, 2018
Accra, Ghana
I just finished reading the Kindle version of UNSCRIPTED .

I'm glad I discovered TMF and UNSCRIPTED at such a critical point in my career and life.

Very grateful to my mentor for recommending these books...

And a million thanks to @MJ DeMarco for writing the books and hosting this supportive community.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.