The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Marijuana / Medical Cannabis Industry and Their Stocks

Anything related to investing, including crypto

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
As I've mentioned a few years back in several threads (sorry can't find the posts) I believe Cannabis and its medical implications will be the newest big thing and we've already seen it happening in some of the publicly traded stocks.

Are any stocks on your radar?
Any we should watch?
Any you invested in?

Recent upswings have happened in CRON, TLRY, and a few others.

And for all of you that want to invest in marijuana related companies, but don't know where, there's the marijuana ETF, affectionately called "MJ".

As for myself, I was eyeballing "MJ" a few months ago and then forgot about it. Looks like I missed part of a big run.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Just had a phone meeting this afternoon about this industry. Can't say what we are going to do right now but maybe later I can.... after we present it to them. We hope they are smart enough to see the value in what we have to offer. I said YES before my partner even finished telling me what he was thinking. lol The down side to this is we have 3 more partners but they did all agree. We need them or else we would not have 3 other people. They are top notch.

Bryan James

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jul 1, 2018
Texas, USA
As I've mentioned a few years back in several threads (sorry can't find the posts) I believe Cannabis and its medical implications will be the newest big thing and we've already seen it happening in some of the publicly traded stocks.

Any we should watch?
Any you invested in?

And for all of you that want to invest in marijuana related companies, but don't know where, there's the marijuana ETF, affectionately called "MJ".

As for myself, I was eyeballing "MJ" a few months ago and then forgot about. Looks like I missed part of a big run.

A lot of investor buddies of mine strongly disagree with me on this subject. I am a much more conservative/cautious investor myself and as of now hitting the jackpot on one of these marijuana stocks is like pure speculation. For starters, these companies have only been public for a few years, or even months now, meaning we the public only just recently got the opportunity to find out about the management teams and any of their financials. In addition, so many new companies in this sector continue to pop up and make headlines; I have no clue as of now which company within the next 5 to 10 years will be the top dog or even in the top 3 of the industry. Personally I look for long-term financial consistency in their financial reports for a durable competitive advantage which at this time is pretty much impossible to discern. If anyone out there is planning on investing in any weed stocks, however, just be extremely careful and understand the high risk. Of course, anyone could potentially make a ton of money on the existing public companies out there, it's just something I, being a more conservative investor, personally need to hold out on for the time being. Lastly, the valuations on these companies are extremely alarming: Canopy is a hot stock in this space right now; they have a valuation of $10 BILLION, and last year had a revenue income of $77 million on a net loss of $70 million! Perhaps eventually they could be the "Amazon" or "Apple" of the weed space, but as of now it's an enormous risk. There's just too little predictive control I have in this sector at the moment.

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC
Long hedge $MJ against short tobacco ($MO, $PM, $BTI) if that counts. All on 4/19. Wasn't going to wait that extra day until 4/20.

$MO is about to bite me again at 61, but the other 3 are covering well.

I'm scared of gov't action to get into any one medical cannabis stock.

Jaden Jones

Igloo Builder
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Aug 22, 2018
Canada
I own stocks in Aurora (ACB) and Green Organic (TGOD). I have had ACB since it was about $4, I really should have sold when it hit $14, but Im still up. Ive done quite well selling options on it and I think it will still go up. I bought TGOD when it was rumoured ACB was going to buy them, it never happened, but Ive still made some gains on it. I still think there is tonnes of room to grow, at least with the big players. It might be too late in the game for any up and comers though.

G

Guest3722A

A buddy of mine said he put $20k into this industry and turned it into $250k and then recommended this list of Canadian companies:
SPLIF

MGCLF

ACBFF

APHQF

OGRMF

TWMJF

CGC

FUAPF

Some are penny, most are pink sheet. One or two I believe got placed on the Nasdaq.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia

Carlitos

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jul 13, 2016
New York City
A buddy of mine said he put $20k into this industry and turned it into $250k and then recommended this list of Canadian companies:
SPLIF

MGCLF

ACBFF

APHQF

OGRMF

TWMJF

CGC

FUAPF

Some are penny, most are pink sheet. One or two I believe got placed on the Nasdaq.
This is a solid list, I am also an investor in ACBFF. What platform is best to invest in pinksheet stocks? Also Mexico is looking to legalize Marijuana like Canada did, and it will be big when they do legalize it.

mom

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
May 9, 2016

Any we should watch?
Any you invested in?

As for myself, I was eyeballing "MJ" a few months ago and then forgot about it. Looks like I missed part of a big run.

TLRY and CGC were the two big runners....but they are done now.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma

CBD just entered my radar this weekend. I have a project in the cannabis industry up in Seattle and recently went to Oklahoma City for a one day pre-event for next year's Oklahoma Hemp Fest. I was stunned by the development of the CBD market in Oklahoma, Florida and other places. I decided it is time to branch out a bit and expand my media coverage into CBD and very excited about the learning process.

I was really happy I went to this event as was very interesting to see local Oklahomians giddy about what is happening in the state and the upcoming medical launch in early 2019.

Mazzolini

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Feb 13, 2017
Detroit
Why not apply for a legal growing operation and try to grow yourself. In some states you can have 36 plants. Then maybe automate it and sell it as a service to others

theresgot2bemore

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Sep 20, 2016
Anywhere w/freedom

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

theresgot2bemore

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Sep 20, 2016
Anywhere w/freedom

Doesn't surprise me at all. The linked article MW has definitely brings the full scope of the situation in view. Those investors will make quite an impact and spur the push for legalization here in the U.S.

I don't believe we are so safe here in the U.S. either. If you're a civilian there may not be much that can be done to you so your money and status may be safe for now (Wrigley heir & Jimmy Buffet for example). However if you are working for the gov or some sort of contract that cannot even be linked to MJ then it also affects you here.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Tilray is going nuts.

Stock is up nearly 30% today into the 150's, was already up massively... started around the 25 range.

Holy shit, and today it (TLRY) is up another 45%, $225 as I post...

A $25,000 investment back when it was $25 is now worth $225,000.

Millionaires are being made, assuming they sell somewhere before it pulls back...

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

rootexcess

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 21, 2018
Why not apply for a legal growing operation and try to grow yourself. In some states you can have 36 plants. Then maybe automate it and sell it as a service to others

Legal cultivation has extremely high overhead and startup costs and it can take a long time to start getting returns. That's assuming everything was plug and play and that's just simply not usually the case. Expenses can stack up quickly in cannabis. Starting any kind of large scale production facility comes with many complexities and nuances. As far as 36 plants, that's not going to make a very good revenue stream. That is an extremely limited plant count.

I would start looking into ancillary markets as well, particularly processing/packaging, extraction and lab equipment. This is where your money is going to be moving forward. As the legal markets stabilize you will see price per unit become competitive and inevitably drop. Still plenty of money to be had by all, but the cannabis black market pricing model is on borrowed time.

Jakeeck

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 24, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
I do a lot of copywriting for startups and you wouldn't believe how many people are coming to me to write for their new marijuana business in the past month.

It's even more than the crypto requests I got back when that had its blowup.

HotRocket

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Jun 14, 2016
TRST:TSX/CNTFF:OTC (CannTrust) is my largest position and seems very strong relative to peers and their market caps

Angelic

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Apr 19, 2016
I like NXTTF. They're basically trying to be the Amazon of weed. Definitely has huge potential.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Jeff Sessions resigns, great news for cannabis stocks and getting the industry de-stigmatized. Immediate reaction on stocks.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
murica, where ya goto jail for smoking a joint but are allowed to walk around walmart with an AK47

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.