The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Does MJ have a wife?

Maxboost

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
Apr 4, 2016
I know I'm going to get a lot of heat for this post but I always feel like I need to give back to this forum any way I can. I've noticed over several years that many of the guys I know that get divorced and never seen it coming because they failed to see the red flags. Here are a couple of red flags that you have to be aware before getting married to "the girl of your dreams".

I can usually predict whether a divorce will happen within 1 hour of conversation with any girl. Take my advice with a grain of salt, it may not be true for EVERY girl as that would be impossible but at the end of the day you need to protect your assets, emotions, and business. Don't be like Dave Foley...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaC-2lj6HNg

1-Impulsiveness
Girls who are guided by actions that feel "good at the moment" are often terrible long term mates. They are looking for weddings, not marriages. They will leave your a$$ in moment when they are unhappy when things go south. You often hear it in conversations such as "I just packed my stuff and moved to California because it felt right!", " Even though I had no money, I just had to buy that pair of shoes!", etc.

2-Bad Credit
As related to impulsiveness, this really needs no explanation. You married a girl with bad credit? I guess you married her credit cards and student loans as well....

3-Social Media
Huge red flag! Common red flags are over 5000 friends, posts pictures everyday on instagram and facebook. Again she want to get married for the "likes" and isn't really looking at long term struggles and maintaining the marriage. Don't believe me that social media is a red flag? Read this... Is Facebook Ruining Your Marriage?

There are many, many more red flags that I wont' get into and getting married in 2018 is probably the riskiest "investment" you will ever make. Choose your partner carefully, like the poker game of life know when to fold AK.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
I know I'm going to get a lot of heat for this post but I always feel like I need to give back to this forum any way I can. I've noticed over several years that many of the guys I know that get divorced and never seen it coming because they failed to see the red flags. Here are a couple of red flags that you have to be aware before getting married to "the girl of your dreams".

I can usually predict whether a divorce will happen within 1 hour of conversation with any girl. Take my advice with a grain of salt, it may not be true for EVERY girl as that would be impossible but at the end of the day you need to protect your assets, emotions, and business. Don't be like Dave Foley...

1-Impulsiveness
Girls who are guided by actions that feel "good at the moment" are often terrible long term mates. They are looking for weddings, not marriages. They will leave your a$$ in moment when they are unhappy when things go south. You often hear it in conversations such as "I just packed my stuff and moved to California because it felt right!", " Even though I had no money, I just had to buy that pair of shoes!", etc.

2-Bad Credit
As related to impulsiveness, this really needs no explanation. You married a girl with bad credit? I guess you married her credit cards and student loans as well....

3-Social Media
Huge red flag! Common red flags are over 5000 friends, posts pictures everyday on instagram and facebook. Again she want to get married for the "likes" and isn't really looking at long term struggles and maintaining the marriage. Don't believe me that social media is a red flag? Read this... Is Facebook Ruining Your Marriage?

There are many, many more red flags that I wont' get into and getting married in 2018 is probably the riskiest "investment" you will ever make. Choose your partner carefully, like the poker game of life know when to fold AK.

If you could, I sincerely beseech you to start a thread listing all the red flags to watch out for, and how to tell whether a marriage will end up in divorce "within 1 hour of speaking to a girl". It will save many of us fastlaner folks here in future when we do get married.

The scariest thing about marriage and divorce is that, in many countries (such as mine) where they've the women's groups / women's charter, the man has to pay a sum of alimony fees to the wife after divorce, and this will take a huge chunk of any man's savings and money.

So if you're earning US$20,000 per month, this sum of money is usually in %, and could be anywhere from 10% to 50%. This will make any man go broke.

This is true even if the girl has a high paying job, and the law should be changed for that (wife paying the alimony fees to the husband instead in cases where the female earns more), but that's another story altogether....

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
If you could, I sincerely beseech you to start a thread listing all the red flags to watch out for, and how to tell whether a marriage will end up in divorce "within 1 hour of speaking to a girl". It will save many of us fastlaner folks here in future when we do get married.

The scariest thing about marriage and divorce is that, in many countries (such as mine) where they've the women's groups / women's charter, the man has to pay a sum of alimony fees to the wife after divorce, and this will take a huge chunk of any man's savings and money.

So if you're earning US$20,000 per month, this sum of money is usually in %, and could be anywhere from 10% to 50%. This will make any man go broke.

This is true even if the girl has a high paying job, and the law should be changed for that (wife paying the alimony fees to the husband instead in cases where the female earns more), but that's another story altogether....

And in you signature you say you want two wives "I want a Pagani, a house with an indoor pool and 2 wives." ?

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
And in you signature you say you want two wives "I want a Pagani, a house with an indoor pool and 2 wives." ?

That's assuming the wives are obedient who are ok with the idea:

article-1358654-0D434934000005DC-157_964x617.jpg

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
WHen Ryan was in college, he was a leading ember of his fraternity. He was in charge of organizing house parties. He was a gregarious guy and liked by most people. At one of these parties he met Jane. Jane took an immediate liking toRyan and the twobegan dating, Ryan would organize and throw his parties, Jane would come and bring her friends. They shared stories,experiences and interests. The rest of college went on like this.

After they graduated, Ryan took a job at a bank. Jane got involved in a local charity. Ryan's social network disappeared and his long hours at work killed any desire for him to go out and make new friends. He began to spend more and more time with Jane, They usually just watched movies and shared a bottle of wine.

As time went on, Jane became more and more involved in her charity events and began travelling to help with fundraisers.Ryan would spend this time watching TV and grabbing beer with his old buddies but it wasn't the same. After another yearm Ryan would openly complian to Jane about her trips. Jane obviously sympathised with Ryan but she felt pressured and resented it for it. They began to fight more often. Ryan gained weight. Jane spent more time working away from home.

Ryan decided to plan a lavish trip for the two of them to the Caribbean. He could use some much-needed time away from work and it would infuse their relationship with some excitement and passion that it sorely needed. The trip returned the romance to the two briefly. But upon reurning home relaity began to set back in. Within a few months it was business as usual:him overworked and irratable, her distancing herself and travelling.

Ryan began to talk about marriage. Jane was hesitant. She stated that her job was getting busier and she didin't know how much she'd be around to plan a wedding. Ryan had been saving much of his money to buy her a ring. Jane lamented that they were still young and hadn't experienced much of life yet. Secretly, in the back of her mind, she couldn't shake the feeling that Ryan was terrified of just that: experiencing life, and marrying her was just another way for him to escape it.

Dejected, a few weeks later Ryan began to complain that Jane spent too much time with her friends and at work. INdeed, Jane had been staying at work until way into the night, even on days when she didn't have to. Ryan began pressuring Jane to move into together, but again she resited, this time fervently. Ryan exploded. He had been giing up everything for her the past few years and she had been nothing but ungrateful. She retorted that Ryan had been suffocating her with his demands for attention and affection. Jane dumped him on the spot.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
1-Impulsiveness

2-Bad Credit

3-Social Media

MMM....I think this is limited thinking. Expand your horizon's, talk to different women from different cultures, social groups, and generations and hear their different perspectives. I've done this all my life listening to both women and men. Be open to experience. Stop being closed minded.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Maybe we've all been conditioned to believe we need to be married. Maybe we've been conditioned to believe divorce is the solution to solve communication problems, get away with holding on to our addictions, alcoholism, and escapism. Usually men and women get married and divorced to try to escape their reality, their emotions, their feelings.

The Karpman Drama Triangle is 100% always involved in relationships. Rescuer, Judge, Persecutor, and some one playing the victim roles. I think a portion of Generation X has this quite figured out, since we were born under Baby Boomers (No offensive, but statistics saying they were the biggest generation to choose divorce multiple times.)

Generation X followed in their foot steps, but you have to see also the social issues. This has been a growing addiction and alcoholism culture more the last two generations than before. Television and Entertainment didn't exist prior, nor technology, internet, consumerism wasn't as huge, there weren't as many products. Previous generations ran business, but even transportation was different. The loans, banking, debt, all this is from the last few generations.

While people may have had arguments, fights, family disputes before now, they didn't have the same issues as we do. We've created the culture ourselves.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
MMM....I think this is limited thinking. Expand your horizon's, talk to different women from different cultures, social groups, and generations and hear their different perspectives. I've done this all my life listening to both women and men. Be open to experience. Stop being closed minded.
Those are red flags. They're not be all end all facts. From my experience, the majority of the time they tend to be true

Aunt Clyde

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 14, 2018
Long Island, NY
whaaattttt? where you have this from.....
HA! Well, I have found that in my situation, marriage has "allowed" me to pursue the path of an entrepreneur rather than "squelch" it. I think men use marriage as a cop-out for their own failures.

How do you Mean? Do you think women also do these same thing?

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Those are red flags. They're not be all end all facts. From my experience, the majority of the time they tend to be true
Addictions of different sorts/Alcoholism and escapism is the number one issue in not just romantic relationships, but also keeping a business relationship, and maintaining a job or business.

Why does the masculine and feminine gravitate towards these coping skills and methods? Anxiety, Stress, Depression, Post Traumatic Stress.

Why do the masculine & feminine get divorced? What I just stated.
Why do the masculine and feminine argue, fight, and choose domestic violence? They don't have the right coping skills, life style, communication skills, hide their true thoughts, feelings, needs, and the focus of attention is somewhere else other than on one another. You have to ask in 95% of relationships whether romantic or business how many people really know one another, express themselves, and collaborate in a positive fashion.

All the crazy making in the world in relationships roots to what the masculine and feminine have acquired in their communities, home life, education, mentors, leaders, and fortunately, undoing, unlearning, and choosing another path is not something everyone chooses to do. Some of them don't even know they have a choice to do something different until someone tells them. Others are so fixed-focused on keeping the old coping skills, life style, attitudes, and believe staying in their closed mind is a safer place to exist rather than expanding their horizon's.

You also have to add in the fact 95% of the relationship self-help books point people in different directions with different theories, concepts, belief systems, strategies, and agenda's and motivations.

The spider web of misinformation on relationships itself can cause a lot of divorces and separation.

Just studying psychologists and therapists themselves on You Tube, you will see this kind of separates families because there is more focus on the individual and separating from one another because of domestic violence, addictions, and abuse.

While there are family therapists and counselor's I see more information out there all around on many different platforms about being single, breaking out of the family dysfunction, and not enough information out there on how to build stable relationships, strong foundations, sustainable families. While some groups might aim for it, there' just not enough education out there to build strong families and marriages.

While it comes to financial resources or materialism which everyone fights over in divorce, it wouldn't matter whether you lived with friends, co-workers, a marriage partner, unconventional marriage, you are still sharing resources even if you have your own bank account. Property still can be taken, you can still end up taking the responsibility on because the other person makes bad choices.

This isn't solely a masculine & feminine issue in romantic relationships. Take room mates in university for example. You might have five students sharing a house, some of them are responsible, others are not, they get in disputes and part ways. In some cases there are court cases.

In Business Deals you may be like Steve Jobs, and get fired. This is just the complexity of human nature. We divorce our jobs, our business partners, co-workers, friends, family, romantic partners, and children in some cases depending on the situation.

TinyOldLady

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Anyway, why would MJ want a wife? In TMF , he talks about some yatch with big-breasted girls or something. Now he can live THAT kind of life without an old woman who keeps nagging at him to lift up the toilet seat etc.
Yeah, that's all we wives do.
I hope for you, that one day you will find somebody who will change your view towards relationships

Maxboost

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
Apr 4, 2016

I think this is an example of not using critical thinking.

You accuse me of being close minded but yet fail to refute my arguments?

To strengthen my argument, here is some evidence.

7 Ways Social Media Is Ruining Your Relationship

If your future mate is on facebook a lot, it is a RED FLAG PERIOD. My friend just got divorced recently and his ex-wife demonstrated ALL of the traits mentioned.

Now open up your mind and try to see the other perspective. If it's wrong, please prove to us it is wrong instead of throwing around meaningless platitudes like "talk to different women, open your mind...blah blah blah".

Maxboost

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
Apr 4, 2016
Addictions of different sorts/Alcoholism and escapism is the number one issue in not just romantic relationships, but also keeping a business relationship, and maintaining a job or business.

Why does the masculine and feminine gravitate towards these coping skills and methods? Anxiety, Stress, Depression, Post Traumatic Stress.

Why do the masculine & feminine get divorced? What I just stated.
Why do the masculine and feminine argue, fight, and choose domestic violence? They don't have the right coping skills, life style, communication skills, hide their true thoughts, feelings, needs, and the focus of attention is somewhere else other than on one another. You have to ask in 95% of relationships whether romantic or business how many people really know one another, express themselves, and collaborate in a positive fashion.

All the crazy making in the world in relationships roots to what the masculine and feminine have acquired in their communities, home life, education, mentors, leaders, and fortunately, undoing, unlearning, and choosing another path is not something everyone chooses to do. Some of them don't even know they have a choice to do something different until someone tells them. Others are so fixed-focused on keeping the old coping skills, life style, attitudes, and believe staying in their closed mind is a safer place to exist rather than expanding their horizon's.

You also have to add in the fact 95% of the relationship self-help books point people in different directions with different theories, concepts, belief systems, strategies, and agenda's and motivations.

The spider web of misinformation on relationships itself can cause a lot of divorces and separation.

Just studying psychologists and therapists themselves on You Tube, you will see this kind of separates families because there is more focus on the individual and separating from one another because of domestic violence, addictions, and abuse.

While there are family therapists and counselor's I see more information out there all around on many different platforms about being single, breaking out of the family dysfunction, and not enough information out there on how to build stable relationships, strong foundations, sustainable families. While some groups might aim for it, there' just not enough education out there to build strong families and marriages.

While it comes to financial resources or materialism which everyone fights over in divorce, it wouldn't matter whether you lived with friends, co-workers, a marriage partner, unconventional marriage, you are still sharing resources even if you have your own bank account. Property still can be taken, you can still end up taking the responsibility on because the other person makes bad choices.

This isn't solely a masculine & feminine issue in romantic relationships. Take room mates in university for example. You might have five students sharing a house, some of them are responsible, others are not, they get in disputes and part ways. In some cases there are court cases.

In Business Deals you may be like Steve Jobs, and get fired. This is just the complexity of human nature. We divorce our jobs, our business partners, co-workers, friends, family, romantic partners, and children in some cases depending on the situation.

You said absolutely nothing of substance in this post in regards to spotting red flags in a potential partner from the male perspective. Another meaningless platitude that does not help anyone...

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Now he can live THAT kind of life without an old woman who keeps nagging at him to lift up the toilet seat etc.

Here's a thought. Why don't you put the toilet seat down?

Problem solved.

No charge.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
Here's a thought. Why don't you put the toilet seat down?

Problem solved.

No charge.
I saw a documentary on germs and apparently there are lots of bacteria that come out when you flush the toilet. So now I put the toilet seat down every time.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Critical thinking is only part of the equation. Even politicians know to win a vote you must go around America, listen to the voice of the people, the life stories, hear about the social issues, and social problems. First you have to know what the issues and problems are to solve them with critical thinking.

Argument. Is there a reason I need to argue with you versus just give my opinion. I believe in non-violence. I already went through this phase of arguing with people back in 2011 in forums. I'm out growing this, because in the business world there are only win-win situations. It is all in how you communicate with others in a positive or negative way. I'm not in the argument business. That's a win-lose mentality.

Social Media and Internet Addiction does have a cause and effect on relationships. Do you study how that becomes an addiction? I believe it's a source of escapism and becomes an addiction. Human nature is a creature of habit. We live in an addictive culture, the whole internet is filled with different types of addictions. I already know all the things coming between men and women on the internet.

Sorry to tell you kid, Addiction is a fact of life and if you don't find substance in my information go use Google for your evidence, You Tube, and I've already been on the front lines on line and offline, did my homework thoroughly. I don't have time for this at the moment.

Last edited:

Maxboost

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
Apr 4, 2016
Critical thinking is only part of the equation. Even politicians know to win a vote you must go around America, listen to the voice of the people, the life stories, hear about the social issues, and social problems. First you have to know what the issues and problems are to solve them with critical thinking.

Argument. Is there a reason I need to argue with you versus just give my opinion. I believe in non-violence. I already went through this phase of arguing with people back in 2011 in forums. I'm out growing this, because in the business world there are only win-win situations. It is all in how you communicate with others in a positive or negative way. I'm not in the argument business. That's a win-lose mentality.

Social Media and Internet Addiction does have a cause and effect on relationships. Do you study how that becomes an addiction? I believe it's a source of escapism and becomes an addiction. Human nature is a creature of habit. We live in an addictive culture, the whole internet is filled with different types of addictions. I already know all the things coming between men and women on the internet.

Sorry to tell you kid, Addiction is a fact of life and if you don't find substance in my information go use Google for your evidence, You Tube, and I've already been on the front lines on line and offline, did my homework thoroughly. I don't have time for this at the moment.

Empty platitudes. If you don't want your ideas challenged go back to your university safe space.

Arguments are a sign of mental growth and maturity. It should be WIN-WIN and is one of the best ways to get to TRUTH. It is the one of the best ways to grow intellectually and spiritually. I've been wrong numerous times and I have no problems admitting when I have been wrong.

The irony of your posts is you say I am close minded but YOU are unwilling to challenge your own belief system.

The problem with your line of reasoning is that your are using the red herring fallacies. You are bringing in addiction which is not what the original argument is.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
How did this go from asking if MJ has a wife to politics/philosophy?

Maxboost

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
Apr 4, 2016
How did this go from asking if MJ has a wife to politics/philosophy?

I'll summarize:

1- I gave the forum members here some "red flag" warnings of potentially picking a wrong person for marriage
2- Mattie replied "that I am close minded needed to speak to more people", essentially saying I am wrong
3- I provided more proof and evidence to back my claim and challenged Mattie on her ideas
4- Mattie runs away and says she is too "mature" for this

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
university
Empty platitudes. If you don't want your ideas challenged go back to your university safe space.[/QUOTE.
I will tolerate your ignorance. I believe you're irrelevant to my future success and a waste of my time and focus at this previous time. My focus needs and attention belongs on my goals. If you didn't like my answer find someone else to argue with. I'm sure you can find someone else in the 7.6 billion people on earth. I'm in a business forum, not a debate forum. If I chose to debate other people and sharpen up those skills I will find a debate forum.

1. I have spent the last 10 years on many plat forms, vlogs, blogs, books, social groups on social media, spoke with more men and women than you probably can count. More hours than you probably could count on social observation research, out side of my degree.

2. I have studied science, statistics, various psychology branches, the Military branches, Sports Athletes, Entrepreneurship, Billionaire and Millionaire Mindset, all the drivel of self-help books, strategic games you play with masculine and feminine in the dating arena, marriage, studied different cultures, even traveled to other cultures, studied every social class, their lifestyles and mindsets.

3. I have helped more men and women than you can count from different cultures.

I have spent 10-19 hours sometimes the last ten years studying the world. I believe I've stretched my Horizon's quite a lot sir.

In 2006, I was nothing but a small town girl, from a small speck of the earth. Small point of view.

I'm not sure what you're looking for to debate. I don't spend a lot of my time online arguing and debating with people, because it doesn't make money. While I may make a comment, it either resonates with you or it doesn't. End of story. Take it or leave it. Move on if it doesn't apply.

Wasting my time costs $1700 dollars an hour. If you would like to pay me $1700 dollars an hour to argue and debate with you this would be more productive of my time.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5Aj4FVbeWs

masterneme

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Apr 13, 2015

1-Impulsiveness

2-Bad Credit

3-Social Media

Hmmm, I agree with social media being a red flag and also:

Is she going out a lot with the girls? Are her friends divorced/single mothers?

Mix everything together and you'll have an already doomed relationship.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
I'll summarize:

1- I gave the forum members here some "red flag" warnings of potentially picking a wrong person for marriage
2- Mattie replied "that I am close minded needed to speak to more people", essentially saying I am wrong
3- I provided more proof and evidence to back my claim and challenged Mattie on her ideas
4- Mattie runs away and says she is too "mature" for this

You started off by saying "I know I'm going to get a lot of heat for this post...", and Mattie responded "Stop being closed minded." Yes she was more judgemental than would have been nice, but it was probably less than "a lot of heat". I'm old, so your advice seemed obvious to me, so I took it as a younger person giving advice to other younger people. I didn't have a problem with it, but there is a big difference. Your post wasn't about the dangers of me, it was about the dangers of Mattie and other girls, so of course she is going to take it personally. You feel like you were judged, how do you think she felt?

TreyAllDay

Whatever it takes
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Feb 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Your post implies that "entrepreneurship" has limited my personal life and prevented me from having a wife and kids. I don't have a wife and kids BY CHOICE, not by circumstance. I'm very happy single and while it'd be nice to find a "partner in crime" it isn't something that I *need*. Unlike most people, I hold marriage in a higher regard than some hook for a reality TV program, or some "rite of passage" that one must take due to societal norms/pressures as marriage is probably, the most important decision of one's life.

Hate to admit it because I love my girlfriend to death, but I remember reading your book and hearing you talk about freedom with passivity: being able to leave for Vegas on a vacation at a days notice, etc and that really seemed awesome to me. With the nature of my business, I could realistically spend a week out of the month travelling, but my girlfriend wouldn't be cool with me being like "Hey, I decided to go to Cancun last minute", so yea: definitely benefits to being a bachelor.

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
but my girlfriend wouldn't be cool with me being like "Hey, I decided to go to Cancun last minute"

Why not? I mean, as long as you're not flaking on any plans you two had, why wouldn't she? If my spouse wanted to take a spur-of-the-moment trip & I had to work, I'd be like, go for it -I'll miss you/I'm jealous/have fun. I often travel without my other half due to his work schedule being restrictive & he has zero issues with that.

I don't understand why this is an issue?

TreyAllDay

Whatever it takes
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Feb 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Why not? I mean, as long as you're not flaking on any plans you two had, why wouldn't she? If my spouse wanted to take a spur-of-the-moment trip & I had to work, I'd be like, go for it -I'll miss you/I'm jealous/have fun. I often travel without my other half due to his work schedule being restrictive & he has zero issues with that.

I don't understand why this is an issue?
I'm sure she'd be okay with it just doubt she would put up with me leaving consistently.

Good question I guess lol.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Edwin Fernandez

Freedom
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Feb 7, 2018
Social media has caused so many serious issues in my relationships. In this day and age I would never get married again. It can be very distracting having to worry about what your mate is doing online, especially if she is an attention wh*re. (guys can be categorized as such too, not just females), Guys watch out for the tell tale signs listed by maxboost, I totally agree with that.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.