The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Vegan / Vegetarians Only (Chat about lifestyle, opportunities, food, whatever...)

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States
All this to say, I believe the vegan movement is a great area to look at for business opportunities. Particularly if you can create a brand of products that abstain from the use of sugars and hydrogenated seed oils. The market lacks a good "snack" alternative that does not contain these harmful ingredients and anyone that can create such a healthy snack would most likely strike it rich.

Bingo... you've found the goldmine!

I get really excited every time I find something new to eat that has 0g of sugar. It's really difficult to do!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
How much protein do you get on a daily basis?

If anyone is truly concerned, one plant based protein powder mixed with Ripple milk a day should do the trick. Years ago you couldn't find plant based options, but now they're everywhere. (And no, I don't believe the bro-science behind you need 1g of protein for each pound of body weight.)

LPPC

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Mar 6, 2016
I try to eat a plant based diet for some months now, mostly for spiritual reasons. 90% of the time I eat plant based and sometimes I eat some meat simply because I get seduced into eating it when family for example has made delicious looking food with meat in it.

I have noticed I feel less agressive and more connected to animals since I've been eating mostly plant based food. The key is to learn how to cook plant based food well, and that is very possible. There are delicious vegan dishes.

Luckily the vegan thing is starting to grow and there are more and more places where you can eat vegan.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Olimac21

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 3, 2015
Belo Horizonte, Brasil
I am.

I'm coming up on a year, will probably write something up.

Thats very interesting, my sister is vegan and most of my family we just eat fish avoiding most of lactose products.

Just one question: how has your body and energy level change during your time being a vegan? This is one of the things I am worried about if I ever decide making a change. The other is not every place in the world is vegan friendly and some cities you might be forced to eat a salad in a restaurant if you decide to become vegan.

Danny Sullivan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Jul 2, 2018
Germany
how has your body and energy level change during your time being a vegan?

I'm not MJ but i thought i'd share my experiences.

That's something i was worried about too before changing my diet. There's nothing to worry about - as far as my experience goes, it's the exact opposite - look forward to the changes.

I was very weary every morning and needed like at least 1 hour before entering modus operandi. I was waking up around 7-7.30 a.m. hitting snooze since 6.30.
Now i'm waking up at 5.45 a.m. hitting snooze once at 5.40 - i need like 10 minutes to be fully awake and operational.
I also recognized that i can manage my energy levels during sports and throughout the day much better since changing.

But that's just me. Maybe others made different experiences.

I do have to add: I'm not eating any shiny processed vegan food. That sh*t is not good for you either. It's convenient to have to make the change easier, but get rid of it as soon as you can.

Olimac21

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 3, 2015
Belo Horizonte, Brasil
I'm not MJ but i thought i'd share my experiences.

That's something i was worried about too before changing my diet. There's nothing to worry about - as far as my experience goes, it's the exact opposite - look forward to the changes.

I was very weary every morning and needed like at least 1 hour before entering modus operandi. I was waking up around 7-7.30 a.m. hitting snooze since 6.30.
Now i'm waking up at 5.45 a.m. hitting snooze once at 5.40 - i need like 10 minutes to be fully awake and operational.
I also recognized that i can manage my energy levels during sports and throughout the day much better since changing.

But that's just me. Maybe others made different experiences.

I do have to add: I'm not eating any shiny processed vegan food. That sh*t is not good for you either. It's convenient to have to make the change easier, but get rid of it as soon as you can.

Interesting, which kind of food would be categorized as "shiny processed vegan food"?

Olimac21

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 3, 2015
Belo Horizonte, Brasil
Related to Vegan/Vegetarian lifestyle I read the other day that Jesse Itzler ( Living with the Seal author) eats only fruits and vegetables before noon, has anyone tried this before? Just curious to see whether it might be a good or bad idea.

jon.M

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jul 4, 2016
Sweden
Interesting, which kind of food would be categorized as "shiny processed vegan food"?

Think shitty processed food without animal ingredients. Oreos, french fries, the vegan burger at McDonalds etc. Meat substitutes are often enriched with micronutrients to make them more nutritious, but I'd still call them somewhat unhealthy options compared to beans, other legumes and whole food protein sources.

Danny Sullivan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Jul 2, 2018
Germany
Think shitty processed food without animal ingredients. Oreos, french fries, the vegan burger at McDonalds etc. Meat substitutes are often enriched with micronutrients to make them more nutritious, but I'd still call them somewhat unhealthy options compared to beans, other legumes and whole food protein sources.

Basically this. Every animal related product you'd eat as a carnivore, but made for vegans. Vegan Burgers, Vegan Meat Replacements, Vegan Cheese, vegan this vegan that. You get the idea. And protein is actually the easiest to do with a vegan diet.

You will discover foods you've never eaten before (or at least not much of it), that will enrich your meal plan. There's no struggle in going vegan and if you're willing to inform yourself on some vegan meals, you could eat something different each day for weeks.
I don't even think about this anymore. There so much vegan food, that i have a hard time to decide which meal to cook regularly.

Danny Sullivan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Jul 2, 2018
Germany
Related to Vegan/Vegetarian lifestyle I read the other day that Jesse Itzler ( Living with the Seal author) eats only fruits and vegetables before noon, has anyone tried this before? Just curious to see whether it might be a good or bad idea.

There is a lot of "figuring things out" involved in finding your optimal balance with a vegan lifestyle. You should be aware that eating a lot of fruits, beans and legumes will probably give you a decent amount of bloating. Try different things for a few months and write down how you feel.

For myself, i eat fruits in the morning, vegetables with some carbs for lunch and diner. I cook or steam all my vegetables (because bloating). Think of your stomach like a stack of compost. If you add a lot of raw stuff to the stack it will decompose and cause bloating. If you cook your vegetables beforehand, it's easiert to process. Yet some are fine with lots and lots of raw food. You just have to find out what works best for you.

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
Can you do versions of vegan Ian? The reason I don’t like being “vegan” is that it puts you in a box. Like I think eggs are a wonder food and I don’t think it hurts the chicken ( I am talking about grass fed chickens who are raised naturally). I also enjoy salmon and think they are a nutrition powerhouse as well. Do they have consciousness and self awarensss where if one dies, they lose a salmon friend or is there purpose the continuation of the species? If so what is the diff between them and a plant?

jon.M

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jul 4, 2016
Sweden
Like I think eggs are a wonder food and I don’t think it hurts the chicken ( I am talking about grass fed chickens who are raised naturally)

Newborn male chicks are ground up alive since they're deemed worthless. No matter if they're grass-fed or naturally raised.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The reason I don’t like being “vegan” is that it puts you in a box.

The only box you can get put in, is the one you put yourself in.

Eggs are fine, but more than likely, you're not raising chickens in your backyard and treating them as good as the family dog.

Newborn male chicks are ground up alive since they're deemed worthless. No matter if they're grass-fed or naturally raised.

That seems like a quote MRAs would use LOL

Not sure what's funny. In other words, don't tell me anything about the factory-farming industrial complex because I don't want to hear it and would rather keep my cognitive dissonance at a reasonable level, so here's a quip about men's rights.

And people wonder why Vegans are preachy...

And it's why I've tried to steer this thread solely on those who are already living this lifestyle, not those who want to question it.

Because if you do, I'll start posting pictures. And believe me, what is seen, cannot be unseen. The SCRIPT is in every facet of culture and one of its dominant features is that the majority of people who follow it, would rather remain blind (cuz it tastes good!) than would rather see the truth. . . kinda like arguing the semantics of how we live in a *free* country.

Yea sure, as *free* as one of those free range chickens...

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018

Eggs are fine, but more than likely, you're not raising chickens in your backyard and treating them as good as the family dog.

Not sure what's funny. In other words, don't tell me anything about the factory-farming industrial complex because I don't want to hear it and would rather keep my cognitive dissonance at a reasonable level, so here's a quip about men's rights.

And it's why I've tried to steer this thread solely on those who are already living this lifestyle, not those who want to question it.

Because if you do, I'll start posting pictures. And believe me, what is seen, cannot be unseen. The SCRIPT is in every facet of culture and one of its dominant features is that the majority of people who follow it, would rather remain blind (cuz it tastes good!) than would rather see the truth. . . kinda like arguing the semantics of how we live in a *free* country.

I am aware of the cruelty of the animals, just not the extent. Don’t post pictures, I’ll take you word for it. F*ck it I’m in. Every revolting starts with a group of individuals. Maybe not in our lifetime, but hopefully in future generations we will gawk at the cruelty of animals.

Bryan James

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jul 1, 2018
Texas, USA
Personally, I believe health should come before pretty much everything. Having said that, I'm pescatarian (vegetarian who eats fish occasionally), and I don't eat eggs, not only because I care about preventing animal cruelty but because I also care about my own physical health. I have considered going vegan but I have a serious weakness for seafood.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
f*ck it I’m in.

As much as I'd like to oblige, I won't do it here out of respect for the forum peeps who ARE NOT here for another agenda outside of trying to free themselves through the power of entrepreneurship.

If you're truly interested in seeing what's going on, it won't take you long to find pictures with some simple web searches. (I wouldn't use Google.) Be warned... some of the shit is brain searing...

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Meat is going to become a thing of the past because we’re very very close to being able to make biologically identical meat in a lab

only problem is that it’s like $50,000 for a hamburger at this point lol

youtu.be/RJ5_hAEsLkU?t=439

also people need to get over this ‘weirdness’ of eating lab grown meat.. but I’m sure that will come with time

Tommo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 21, 2018
Perth Australia
I highly recommend you obtain a copy of this book of vegan meals and thank me later. No boring food in here. I was given it for Fathers day by my daughters and it is great.

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    224.1 KB · Views: 17

Rawseed

Legendary Lurker
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Mar 1, 2018
Atlanta, GA
I'm not a vegan or a vegetarian. Two days ago I ate a 36 ounce bone-in ribeye in one sitting. And it was glorious.

But, a friend of mine sent me this video the other day:

How to Reduce Cholesterol Oxidation | NutritionFacts.org

I have to do more research about the whole 'cholesterol oxidation' thing. But, it seems interesting.

I will ponder it as I eat my air-fried pork belly.

Rawseed

Legendary Lurker
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Mar 1, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Posting that in a thread for vegans probably isn’t in the best taste...

Dude, you're always trying to start something.

I didn't attack the vegan way of life. I didn't even say that I disagree with it. I just stated that I don't follow it.

And I actually posted a video that defends their point of view.

So, I'll disagree with you that my post was in bad taste.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia

After watching the video on meat.org I feel sick I'm gonna go vegan that shit breaks my heart.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Dude, you're always trying to start something.
I’m really not. I swear. Nor do I think it was a slam at the lifestyle. I just think including the ‘glorious’ thing was a bit much lol.. if you go back and read a few of the posts (like the one above mine) you’ll see why..

But anyway not going down this road lol

Also NutritionInfo.org is one of my favorite sites, although I think the guy who runs it is slightly biased and the way he talks makes me want to murder a cactus..

But all-in-all it’s one of my favorite sites. He’s a doctor who combs through every major study in major journals, and posts the results.

Awesome site.

Edit: Also for the people in here, he does air on the ‘plant based diet’ side..

Last edited:

Rawseed

Legendary Lurker
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Mar 1, 2018
Atlanta, GA
@ChrisV I can see your point. I hadn't read the posts about animal cruelty before I posted. So, I'll reluctantly agree that my post was insensitive.

Ascension

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Feb 1, 2016
Germany
f*ck it I’m in.

After watching the video on meat.org I feel sick I'm gonna go vegan that sh*t breaks my heart.

To all of you who want to make the change to a vegan lifestyle there is a great site called challenge22.com
They'll set you up with a personal mentor for 22 days, they'll help you find places to shop, discover new recipes you'll like and answer any questions you might have. On top of that you get a great, supportive community of people looking to make the switch or who have already done so.
All of that is entirely free

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
After watching the video on meat.org I feel sick I'm gonna go vegan that sh*t breaks my heart.
I found the video very disturbing and makes me very angry but I don't think going vegan solves anything. People will always eat meat. The industry itself needs to change in how it treats the animals. There are humane ways to going about this. Nobody's just doing anything about it.

After watching the video, I'm writing my local Congressman about this.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.