The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I've Read UNSCRIPTED!

therealmark

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
254%
Dec 27, 2017
Spokane WA
How have you managed the transition between your old job and your side business ? I'm running a side business as well and I know that one day i'll be facing the same situation. How did you feel when it was the right time.
When I literally either was going to have to lose money in my business or get fired for not showing up to work :) I had a great job but it was a job growing someone else’s business. I worked full time at my job and full time on my business for over two years. Once my own business began to build enough traction that I couldn’t keep up with the opportunities coming at me I knew it was time to jump in full time. I haven’t slowed down. I still work just as much but now it’s 100% focused on growing my own business by helping other. I have never looked back or regretted my decision for a minute.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Denis from BE

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Apr 3, 2017
Belgium
W
When I literally either was going to have to lose money in my business or get fired for not showing up to work :) I had a great job but it was a job growing someone else’s business. I worked full time at my job and full time on my business for over two years. Once my own business began to build enough traction that I couldn’t keep up with the opportunities coming at me I knew it was time to jump in full time. I haven’t slowed down. I still work just as much but now it’s 100% focused on growing my own business by helping other. I have never looked back or regretted my decision for a minute.
Well very well done buddy. I hope I'll have the same talk on the next months !

AniM

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Apr 11, 2018
DC
I read Unscripted right after reading TMF a few months ago. Took me some time to change some of my beliefs and biases.

Now that I'm finally starting to take action I want to re-read it! Really took a lot of ideas about freedom, financial independence, and how our society is structured that I had previously and connected them all together.

Thank you MJ for writing it.

heeya

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Aug 12, 2018
Korea
Now that there's several hundred out there in the wild, guess it is time to start a thread for those of you who have read (or listened to!) UNSCRIPTED !

View attachment 14816

Hope everyone enjoyed it and found it to be a good "big picture" supplement for The Millionaire Fastlane !

To download the first (5) chapters: HERE
To learn more (website) visit: HERE
To order via Amazon: HERE
To listen via Audible: HERE

I read this too :)

blurr

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Aug 14, 2018
Hey I just finished listening to Unscripted . After 4HWW and several other business books this one completes the setup for a new reality.

I have been self employed ever since. But its more like working a job and living from month to month to pay the bills. I heard so much gold nuggets in the audio book while listening so I just purchased the hard copy so I can make better notes.

Benacles

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
354%
May 20, 2018
France
While I've read a few books about entrepreneurship and self-improvement, none had much of an impact before “The millionaire fastlane ” and “Unscripted ”.

MJ DeMarco's books are different: they are raw, honest, thought-provoking, and they speak right to the guts. They have helped me fuel my inner fire, have propelled me into taking massive action and provide constant inspiration.

MJ DeMarco has my utmost respect for sharing his roadmap with us and creating this outstanding community.

G

Guest58302

When I first read Unscripted I felt underwhelmed and did not feel as if the book was as good as The Millionaire Fastlane . I do not understand how it happened (Probably because I was under some stress when I read it) but for some reason I misremembered and attributed most of Unscripted ’s valuable parts to The Millionaire Fastlane . This might simply just go to show how good Unscripted is as a companion to its predecessor.

Reading it again, I had an absolute blast and the book resonated deeply with me. As long as I can remember, I’ve heard the same complaints repeated day after day, after day from my parents about their jobs. My parents, after all, are the hardest workers that I know and even now they continue to endure back-breaking employment. Their complaints throughout the years echoed a resonating statement within me. I do not want to be like them. Little did I know; an unscripted seed was planted inside of me… waiting for somebody to water it.

That water came to me through entrepreneurship. Stumbling upon this forum after mindlessly browsing about Bitcoins, I devoured several threads and purchased the books. After getting through The Millionaire Fastlane , I felt a new feeling overwhelm me. I finally had an answer on how to escape the chains that were awaiting me. Unscripted then took The Millionaire Fastlane ’s concepts and improved them in every possible way.

The book goes into depth on why you should pursue entrepreneurship and exposes the harsh realities of our modern-day scripted world. Thankfully, Unscripted isn’t just the red pill. After swallowing it, you aren’t left powerless to the mob of Agents determined to drag you back into the Script. The book also provides you with the 'training simulation' necessary to kick Agent Smith and his 9 to 5 in the face! You’ll learn everything required to unscript yourself and gain true wealth.

MJ, you’ve nailed it again!

MOverlund

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Aug 17, 2018
Finished it today. Wish I’d had it available 20years ago.

The Legend

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Aug 16, 2018
Wow!! What a listen (I purchased audio book). I feel like this is MJ realeasing his deepest emotions on how misleading the "script" is and just a no hold barred commentary on what it REALLY takes to be successful and live an unscripted life of true freedom.

Now that there's several hundred out there in the wild, guess it is time to start a thread for those of you who have read (or listened to!) UNSCRIPTED !

View attachment 14816

Hope everyone enjoyed it and found it to be a good "big picture" supplement for The Millionaire Fastlane !

To download the first (5) chapters: HERE
To learn more (website) visit: HERE
To order via Amazon: HERE
To listen via Audible: HERE

Computerchest

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jul 4, 2018
Hey,
I finished listening to Unscripted on Audible, and am going through it a second time.
Thank you so much for producing this book (and MFL before it). For years I have discovered some of the insights you provided out for myself, but to hear the book and find this community has really been uplifting.

I am curious to know what you guys think about doing tasks/chores that don't contribute to expanding your business. It seems those near me don't do things like washing their car anymore, preferring to pay £7-£10 to get it done for them ($9-$13 USD). Usually people with Sidewalker/Slow lane mindset.

As part of the strategy of curtailing consumption I have done this myself before (whilst listening to audiobooks on business), but now I am thinking should I pay the money and do something else with the time (is this more in line with fastlane thinking).

Also, what do you feel about active stock trading, not passive index fund/mutual fund investing, but researching fundamentals and then taking a position on particular stocks/ other assets eg. commodities. Takes time and risks capital, but its possible to earn more than trading time for money.

Hope to provide more value to the community over time.

Thanks again MJ!!!! :smile::):smile::smile:

Gobrian

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Aug 21, 2018
Bought the book and read it right after finishing TMF .
Loved every single page of it, and plan on re-reading it.

I'm going through some of the books in the Fastlane Bookstore right now - Read Be Obsessed or Be Average, Choose Yourself (Not in the bookstore but saw a thread recommending it)
Bought and on queue - 10 Pillars of Wealth, The One Thing, Zero to One, and Blue Ocean Strategy (not in the bookstore but saw that MJ recommended it).

Can't wait to re-read it with new perspective.

Natida

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 16, 2018
Berlin, Germany
OMG, wow! Just finished reading it. And I will reread it. Thank you MJ DeMarco!!

Thank you for speaking the truth and giving me the faith that this life is possible, and that it requires hard work, dedication and a process.
I have been listening to a lot of interviews of José Mujica (former president of Uruguay). Although he doesn't care about money, his message is similar: STOP consuming, because what we are losing through mindless consumption is not only our money, but most importantly our time!
If anyone is interested, this video is awesome:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GX6a2WEA1Q

Thank you for uncovering the event scam and including so many valuable examples that make it easy to visualize things and understand them even more.
And last but not least, thank you for not only providing so much value yourself, but to keep insisting on doing the same!

Gib Berish

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 15, 2018
@MJ DeMarco , WOW! - Another fantastic, mind-changing book! Just finished both TMF and Unscripted , both on Audible, and am buying the paper versions. While personally I prefer TMF , and think it should be read 1st before UnScripted , I loved the content of UnScripted . The money system nuts and bolts may be a bit dry, but that is some Damn Good Advice on what to do with $$$! I have to say, I like the TMF cover much better than UnScripted , the UnScripted cover looks juvenile and cheap...just sayin' - I'd NEVER say so if you hadn't opened the door wide via your transparent story of the 1st book's cover, lol. But as for the content and value of UnScripted ?...NOT Juvenile, NOT Cheap, NOT anything but more awesomeness from the mind of the guy we all now envy because he actually did it, but who we're all thankful to now because he actually shares how he did it, how we can do it, and what to do before, during, and after we do it. Thanks again for opening up and sharing this VALUABLE, LIFE CHANGING INFORMATION!

redplant

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Aug 5, 2018
This is so much better than The Millionaire Fastlane , which is saying a lot because that book is already awesome. I'm glad MJ provided a thorough explanation of the Commandment of Scale: the Law of Effection from TMF lit my event-driven mind with crazy ideas.

Unscripted is the best manual for someone starting a Fastlane journey. It has all the tools you need: from changing your mindset (the chapter on the 3Bs helped, and is still helping, me beat my greatest enemy) to launching your product/service. Even knowing the 3As alone can greatly change your life. Next book should be about problem solving. I'd love to get an insight on how the minds of MJ and others work when an opportunity presents itself. Anyway, thank you so much MJ. This book is a life-changer.

Peter L

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 23, 2018
Amazing, only regret is that I haven't found your books sooner
but hey not all is lost.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.