The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Going for it. Ecommerce.

JByers210

Entrepreneur
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
410%
Apr 14, 2017
United States
Good stuff man. I don't know what your product is but it seems like you're an a grade action taker. Someone whos obsessed with learning and improving. You'll go far.

Good luck.
Thanks man. I'm about to check up on your FU money thread! Keep up the good work!

awesome thread
Thanks for reading! :thumbsup:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JByers210

Entrepreneur
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
410%
Apr 14, 2017
United States
For now, I'm putting the big idea that solves a pain point in my life on the shelf and continuing with all the work that I've put into my current business for the past year. I'll need money to create a prototype and everything anyway so this works out.

My product is a want. It's not a need in any way...so Amazon PPC and Google Adwords are not channels I'll be focusing on. (Thanks to @amp0193 for pointing that out about the channels).

I've been heavily getting into facebook ads. I've been building landing pages, figuring out how a funnel should work, adding upsells and cross-sells into the mix, etc. It's overwhelming...but I've learned so much the past couple weeks by just doing...and I've made some sales to offset the cost of learning it all.

@JasonR has some crazy gold in his threads and they've really helped me keep pushing. I'm in a similar spot to where he was at with his first business in the beginning. I'm making my products out of the garage and getting a couple sales here and there...but I'm not getting a consistent profit yet and I'm losing money on ads some days. I know it will happen eventually. I spent 13 hours today glued to the computer working on ads and writing copy (to the best of my ability) for my product.

I have a really nice product in a LARGE market that I've gotten crazy good reviews on and some re-orders even though it's not cheap.... so I believe I'm onto something.

My first milestone that I want to hit is 200$ profit in a day. It's nothing crazy..but it's a number I want to hit from facebook ad traffic. Then I'll set the bar way higher.

Xolorr

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
Jun 4, 2018
Cape Town, South Africa
Wow wow wow.

@JByers210 , this is crazy bro! Thank you so much for documenting your progress as you go. I opened every single thread mention that you've made, and I'm about to go deep down the rabbit hole tonight, then get back to work on my project!

Real inspiration bro, can't wait to see where this thread goes. Keep on trucking!

The Racing Driver

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Apr 20, 2015
UK
Amazing Thread @JByers210. Seeing your progress and process has been really inspiring, I smell GOLD soon. I've just launched an e-commerce store for an existing brand and have learnt a lot from your insights, and links to other useful threads. Thanks for documenting your journey!

JByers210

Entrepreneur
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
410%
Apr 14, 2017
United States
I've been checking into the forum pretty often but haven't been posting almost at all because of how much I've been getting into flipping things and how slow ecom has gotten. I saw MJ's announcement about the meetup being cancelled and how people haven't been very active here and I want to stay a part of this forum and give as much value as I can! I'll be here much more.

I'm done selling in the niche I'm in. I learned a ton just by actually doing it though. If someone would have told me I would hit 6000$ revenue in my first four months of selling my first product last year I wouldn't have believed it. Once the season ended for my niche....so did my sales. It's not that there isn't any way it could work or that it's impossible to do..but I want to go to a niche that's year round and solves a problem. My handmade products still sell here and there now and provide some nice extra income but nothing crazy.

I came across a product months ago that's really unique and only has one primary seller. It has so many different uses for a ton of different people (BIG niche) which is exactly what I want. The one brand that is basically the only one selling this is killing it. They have a design patent (I can get around it) and their margins are insane. It's been on my mind the past few months and I'm going to go all in with it.

I am going to fix what's wrong with this product and make it the best one out there for people. The part in Unscripted where MJ talks about value skews and there always being room if there's a way to improve a product has helped with the way I've been thinking.

Last edited:

Xolorr

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
Jun 4, 2018
Cape Town, South Africa
I've been checking into the forum pretty often but haven't been posting almost at all because of how much I've been getting into flipping things and how slow ecom has gotten. I saw MJ's announcement about the meetup being cancelled and how people haven't been very active here and I want to stay a part of this forum and give as much value as I can! I'll be here much more.

I'm done selling in the niche I'm in. I learned a ton just by actually doing it though. If someone would have told me I would hit 6000$ revenue in my first four months of selling my first product last year I wouldn't have believed it. Once the season ended for my niche....so did my sales. It's not that there isn't any way it could work or that it's impossible to do..but I want to go to a niche that's year round and solves a problem. My handmade products still sell here and there now and provide some nice extra income but nothing crazy.

I came across a product months ago that's really unique and only has one primary seller. It has so many different uses for a ton of different people (BIG niche) which is exactly what I want. The one brand that is basically the only one selling this is killing it. They have a design patent (I can get around it) and their margins are insane. It's been on my mind the past few months and I'm going to go all in with it.

Before I can start though...there's a couple things I need to do.
  1. Buy a 4-5K Car cash
  2. Have insurance paid for the first half of next year
I'm almost done with both of those things. After I am, I'll make enough to put into this next venture and get it going!
Flipping things is going very good. It's saved me from getting a minimum wage job and has helped speed up the process. I like that the more I work...the more money I can make :smile:

I am going to fix what's wrong with this product and make it the best one out there for people. The part in Unscripted where MJ talks about value skews and there always being room if there's a way to improve a product has helped with the way I've been thinking.

Can't wait to see where this goes

JByers210

Entrepreneur
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
410%
Apr 14, 2017
United States
I have had enough to buy a car for a month or so now and at this point I'm just building up a net so I don't lose a ton when I buy it cash pretty soon here. After that...I'll be putting money into another ecommerce business I start in a huge niche. I have a VERY good feeling it will be successful.

Right now I'm getting a good amount of orders from my current business. I create these products by hand so it's tedious and tiring after doing 5-10 at a time. I'll do this and make $40 an hour for myself over working for someone else any day :)

Here's a few things I've learned since getting into ecommerce (I'm still a beginner and have much to learn so take it or leave it)

• Avoid products that are seasonal. I may get crap for this..but this is one of the most annoying parts of selling the products I've sold. The last few months of last year were good and I was happy with the progress...but once the season ended so did my sales until I started my next line of products that weren't based on the season.
  • Build a brand and an actual business from the beginning. Throwing up a random accessory you found on Alibaba to Amazon won't work like you probably think it will. I had a crap product that I'd never even heard of until I found it on Alibaba and a month after I had it listed on Amazon there were at least three extra people selling the same thing (I did slightly improve mine lol).
  • It's hard to sell a product for $20-$30. I've had a way easier time in general since I've been selling my newer quality products at around $60-$100.
  • Competition can validate the product(s) you're considering selling. My current idea has one primary seller and they look like they are killing it. I'm happy to see that because that shows that people really want what I'll be improving. MJ addresses this in his books....bing or yahoo was around before google.....myspace before facebook...that didn't stop google or facebook from being better and succeeding.

My goal for my next business is to profit at least $10,000 a month. I believe it will happen and here is why. The market is BIG. 99% of people can use it. You could use it. I know it sells well because of the one brand that's selling it right now. It isn't a $20-$30 product..it's $90+ and doesn't cost a ton to manufacture.

I'll be selling it through Amazon and also through my own website either with google or facebook/instagram ads to start.

The challenge will be to get through the design patent the company has on it. I don't think it will be hard and I've been reading up on how design infringements work. I'll redesign it and improve it....and then learn how to market it.

I'm glad to see so many people back on here posting at the forum!

Roulf

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Oct 6, 2017
Ontario
I'm glad to see so many people back on here posting at the forum!

We're still following your progress. Congrats on the overall achievements so far.

My current question, do you really need the car?

I'm kind of in the same dilemma right now. Winter in Canada can be a bit of a pain and taking the bus to work is.. ugh.

I just feel like cars can be such a liability, but I don't live in a big enough of a city that public transport can take me anywhere fast, and used cars can be dirt cheap some times. I'm not a car guy so I always have second thoughts before getting something to old.

Anyway, keep at it!

JByers210

Entrepreneur
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
410%
Apr 14, 2017
United States
We're still following your progress. Congrats on the overall achievements so far.

My current question, do you really need the car?

I'm kind of in the same dilemma right now. Winter in Canada can be a bit of a pain and taking the bus to work is.. ugh.

I just feel like cars can be such a liability, but I don't live in a big enough of a city that public transport can take me anywhere fast, and used cars can be dirt cheap some times. I'm not a car guy so I always have second thoughts before getting something to old.

Anyway, keep at it!
Yes. A car (one that works) is a work tool for me in a bunch of ways aside from just getting around town. The reason it’s taken a little while is because I refuse to go in debt or get a lease. I wanted to own it cash.

Thanks for keeping up with the thread!

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
May 27, 2013
United States
My goal for my next business is to profit at least $10,000 a month. I believe it will happen and here is why. The market is BIG. 99% of people can use it. You could use it. I know it sells well because of the one brand that's selling it right now. It isn't a $20-$30 product..it's $90+ and doesn't cost a ton to manufacture.

Think bigger @JByers210

$90 product.

~$40 profit

250 sales a month

8 sales a day

But is that across your entire business or just one product?

Maybe $10,000 profit a month from one product. But you're going to have more than one product. Right?

Be thinking of related skus and ways to increase AOV and LTV of customers.

If you have a business that can make $10,000 profit a month, then you have a business that can make a lot more than that.

JByers210

Entrepreneur
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
410%
Apr 14, 2017
United States
Think bigger @JByers210

$90 product.

~$40 profit

250 sales a month

8 sales a day

But is that across your entire business or just one product?

Maybe $10,000 profit a month from one product. But you're going to have more than one product. Right?

Be thinking of related skus and ways to increase AOV and LTV of customers.

If you have a business that can make $10,000 profit a month, then you have a business that can make a lot more than that.
There's a lot of different products I can sell along with it to do that. I'll be really improving the main product(s) and then mixing in others that would go well with it without doing a ton to them...basically what you told me to do a while ago :smile:

10K a month would be a huge milestone for me to reach... but there's no reason not to shoot for way higher. I'll think bigger.

JByers210

Entrepreneur
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
410%
Apr 14, 2017
United States
Have a little bit of a problem but maybe it's a blessing in disguise.

The company that sells this product has a design patent that I can get around with a few changes to how the product looks. They've tried multiple times to get a utility patent and thankfully for me they were denied every time so all they have is a patent on how their product looks. Designing it differently is doable. That isn't the problem though...

The problem is that they've already sent cease and desist orders to two other companies that copied their product basically with no changes. I'm expecting they will send me one soon after I start selling my different version and I want to think this through before being summoned to court for "patent infringement" because I know how expensive it is to be involved in that.

The good side of this is that it has kept multiple sellers away from this product even though the only patent covering it is a pretty weak defense.

The different options I see are
A) Sell and see if they go after me or not
B) Go to court and prove that mine doesn't infringe (Would cost a ton)
C) Have a settlement and agree to something instead of going to court. (Pretty sad if it came to that since I wouldn't be infringing)

I'm contacting the lawyer for one of the companies they went after to see if maybe he could shed some light on what they would do once they saw my product selling.

Advice is welcomed. I'm looking into every possible option before pulling the trigger and doing something stupid.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
ooo the fun begins

JByers210

Entrepreneur
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
410%
Apr 14, 2017
United States
Quick update. Hit $200 profit today off of 100% paid traffic! :smile: (Now on to $500)

I'll be posting in a bit on where I'm at with the business and how progress is going.

Sales.PNG

edit: Pretty close to breaking a thousand in a day. Holy cow.

double edit: I broke a thousand

Last edited:

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
May 27, 2013
United States
Quick update. Hit $200 profit today off of 100% paid traffic! :smile: (Now on to $500)

I'll be posting in a bit on where I'm at with the business and how progress is going.

View attachment 23216

edit: Got another order for three. Pretty close to breaking a thousand in a day. Holy cow.

YES

GSF

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
277%
Aug 25, 2012

View attachment 23216

edit: Got another order for three. Pretty close to breaking a thousand in a day. Holy cow.

Well done!!

JByers210

Entrepreneur
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
410%
Apr 14, 2017
United States
I hit $7000 in January! It was a record month by far. It feels so good to see sales coming in almost every day after all the work I put into this business last year with almost nothing to show for it.

I had spent about $600 on Facebook ads last year with pretty bad results. I'd get a sale here and there but my CPA would be $100. I spent a lot of time last year working on perfecting my products, figuring out the right pricing, and trying to figure out how and where to sell them. I tried Amazon and sold some but the results weren't great. The sales from the first few months last year that showed there was potential were from me posting in my target market's facebook groups with pictures of my product.

Towards the end of 2018 I was debating on whether or not I wanted to keep pursuing this business. I have big goals. I want to buy my first house with cash and be able to fully provide for my girlfriend (future wife). I knew I couldn't keep focusing on this business with no progress or results. I decided at the beginning of this year to give my business an entire year of focus and 100% effort so I have no regrets. I don't want to wonder "what if?" or quit..especially after all the work and great feedback my products got. I started a thread on the inside with the beginning of a new business but haven't gone through with it because I didn't want to have one foot in and one foot out with two ventures.

People love my product...it's just that I didn't know how to sell it. I didn't get it. @amp0193 was the one who pointed that out to me last year and he was 100% right. There are tens of millions of people in my target audience I can sell to on FB and IG. I'll put more effort into growing on Amazon...but my biggest focus will continue to be paid traffic through FB/IG.

Last year I spent a lot of time reading books like cashvertising and trying to learn how to sell by reading articles and watching videos online...but I'm starting to get some confidence and feel like I'm getting a better understanding of things just because I've gone ahead and done it. I always felt like I had to have a perfect ad or perfect copy and everything had to be perfect and it kept me from actually doing anything. Once I let the perfection thing go and just tried selling the best I could with my ads...it went away and money has started to come in.

I've been really excited about how it's been going.. but I'm focused on making this consistent year round and growing this as big as possible. I've already made more this month so far than I would have made full time in a month at my last job working in a wheel and tire warehouse two years ago. :smile: Pushing to hit my first 10K month in profit!!

Edit: For anyone who has been following along that is confused about how I was talking about starting another business in my latest posts in this thread.... after a year of low sales and my current business barely making any profits I came up with a bunch of different ideas to pursue if I decided to shut it down and almost started on one I started a thread about in the inside. I think it's a good thing to have other business ideas....but my business JUST started taking off out of nowhere and the feedback loop has kicked in.

Last edited:

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
I hit $7000 in January! It was a record month by far. It feels so good to see sales coming in almost every day after all the work I put into this business last year with almost nothing to show for it.

I had spent about $600 on Facebook ads last year with pretty bad results. I'd get a sale here and there but my CPA would be $100. I spent a lot of time last year working on perfecting my products, figuring out the right pricing, and trying to figure out how and where to sell them. I tried Amazon and sold some but the results weren't great. The sales from the first few months last year that showed there was potential were from me posting in my target market's facebook groups with pictures of my product.

Towards the end of 2018 I was debating on whether or not I wanted to keep pursuing this business. I have big goals. I want to buy my first house with cash and be able to fully provide for my girlfriend (future wife). I knew I couldn't keep focusing on this business with no progress or results. I decided at the beginning of this year to give my business an entire year of focus and 100% effort so I have no regrets. I don't want to wonder "what if?" or quit..especially after all the work and great feedback my products got. I started a thread on the inside with the beginning of a new business but haven't gone through with it because I didn't want to have one foot in and one foot out with two ventures.

People love my product...it's just that I didn't know how to sell it. I didn't get it. @amp0193 was the one who pointed that out to me last year and he was 100% right. There are tens of millions of people in my target audience I can sell to on FB and IG. I'll put more effort into growing on Amazon...but my biggest focus will continue to be paid traffic through FB/IG.

Last year I spent a lot of time reading books like cashvertising and trying to learn how to sell by reading articles and watching videos online...but I'm starting to get some confidence and feel like I'm getting a better understanding of things just because I've gone ahead and done it. I always felt like I had to have a perfect ad or perfect copy and everything had to be perfect and it kept me from actually doing anything. Once I let the perfection thing go and just tried selling the best I could with my ads...it went away and money has started to come in.

I've been really excited about how it's been going.. but I'm focused on making this consistent year round and growing this as big as possible. I've already made more this month so far than I would have made full time in a month at my last job working in a wheel and tire warehouse two years ago. :smile: Pushing to hit my first 10K month in profit!!

Edit: For anyone who has been following along that is confused about how I was talking about starting another business in my latest posts in this thread.... after a year of low sales and my current business barely making any profits I came up with a bunch of different ideas to pursue if I decided to shut it down and almost started on one I started a thread about in the inside. I think it's a good thing to have other business ideas....but my business JUST started taking off out of nowhere and the feedback loop has kicked in.

Yo buddy! Great to read all these breakthroughs! I must say I'm a bit confused though. Is this the same business you were in? The one where you handmade the products?

What is the biggest takeaway/lesson you learnt during this period?

JByers210

Entrepreneur
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
410%
Apr 14, 2017
United States
Yo buddy! Great to read all these breakthroughs! I must say I'm a bit confused though. Is this the same business you were in? The one where you handmade the products?

What is the biggest takeaway/lesson you learnt during this period?
Yeah same one.

Basically...
  • Imported product one and it sold alright but not great (Sold on Amazon)
  • Imported product two and it sold alright but not great (Sold on Amazon)
  • Stumbled across a line of products I could make myself and that's what I'm still selling right now. Stopped selling the other two products a while ago. (Mostly sold through driving my own traffic.)
I have a long ways to go...but my biggest takeaway so far is to be ok with readjusting or changing what you're doing if it doesn't work.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Awesome! Great you didn't give up.....now after persevering, the gold seems to be coming in! ;)

Exhosa

Cool Title
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Nov 24, 2018
Bulgaria/Turkey
Just finished reading the whole thread. It's been quite fun and educational for me(also thanks for linking to other threads etc) so thank you very much for sharing and congratulations! Your progress/attitude is quite amazing and I'm sure you'll achieve greater success in the future.

What happened to the patented product that you've been working on though?

Please keep us updated if you can.

All the best

pashka

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jun 24, 2018
Toronto
This is an awesome thread @JByers210 !
I've read it all on a single breath. Your story is so inspiring, so much real action taken. Keep up the great work. You will crush it for sure. I've seen first hand how powerful e-commerce and paid advertisement can be.

One thing that got under shadows is IG account growth. Can you drop a few words on that topic? Thanks!

JByers210

Entrepreneur
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
410%
Apr 14, 2017
United States
This is an awesome thread @JByers210 !
I've read it all on a single breath. Your story is so inspiring, so much real action taken. Keep up the great work. You will crush it for sure. I've seen first hand how powerful e-commerce and paid advertisement can be.

One thing that got under shadows is IG account growth. Can you drop a few words on that topic? Thanks!
I did the follow/unfollow thing when I first started out and got some sales by posting pics of my products...but this past year I haven't used it much. I've got a decent amount of posts on my page...will be trying to grow it this year and post things my audience actually would want to see.

pashka

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jun 24, 2018
Toronto
I did the follow/unfollow thing when I first started out and got some sales by posting pics of my products...but this past year I haven't used it much. I've got a decent amount of posts on my page...will be trying to grow it this year and post things my audience actually would want to see.

Thank you for replying! Haha that's smart, I did something like this with LinkedIn where I'd accept every proposed connection and would add like few hundreds of people per day. Eventually that brings some very interesting people into your circles ;)

Musashi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Nov 27, 2017
The World
Just read the whole thread, congratulations on your progress!

May I ask, how did you research your first product? Did you just browse through Amazon and looked for products that sell well but have weak reviews/room for improvement?

RoadTrip

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 27, 2012
Who is your target market? If it’s millennials they respond really well to influencer marketing on Instagram.

If I would start my business over again that’s the first area I would focus on. It can be extremely powerful.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

JByers210

Entrepreneur
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
410%
Apr 14, 2017
United States
Halfway through the year so here's an update on how things are going!

I am making on average at least twice as much as I would working full-time at my old job monthly. It's the best feeling waking up and owning your entire day.

Ecom Progress

At the beginning of this year I hit about 12K in revenue in my ecom biz off of a couple products and was upping the ad budgets and was excited...until I was starting to lose money day after day at the beginning of March for at least a week and cut it off.

The reason I put the brakes on my ad spend and didn't keep testing and making new ads was I had just bought my car and didn't have a ton of cash to throw into ads that weren't converting at the moment. I had made a good amount of profit and wanted to walk away with the money for a couple months.

My thought process this past year has been to save 6 months of expenses and then go all in on my ecom business with ads and new products with every dollar I make after that. I should have that in savings by the end of next month. So no matter how good or bad things go....I won't have to stress much.

Sales are still coming in from some word of mouth and some Amazon traffic. Excited to get back into ads and grow this thing!

I've been making money as well by buying and selling so that is what has helped me make cash aside from the ecom business.

B_Mac

Redneck Oligarch
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Apr 10, 2017
Southwest Virginia
Halfway through the year so here's an update on how things are going!

I am making on average at least twice as much as I would working full-time at my old job monthly. It's the best feeling waking up and owning your entire day.

Ecom Progress

At the beginning of this year I hit about 12K in revenue in my ecom biz off of a couple products and was upping the ad budgets and was excited...until I was starting to lose money day after day at the beginning of March for at least a week and cut it off.

The reason I put the brakes on my ad spend and didn't keep testing and making new ads was I had just bought my car and didn't have a ton of cash to throw into ads that weren't converting at the moment. I had made a good amount of profit and wanted to walk away with the money for a couple months.

My thought process this past year has been to save 6 months of expenses and then go all in on my ecom business with ads and new products with every dollar I make after that. I should have that in savings by the end of next month. So no matter how good or bad things go....I won't have to stress much.

Sales are still coming in from some word of mouth and some Amazon traffic. Excited to get back into ads and grow this thing!

I've been making money as well by buying and selling so that is what has helped me make cash aside from the ecom business.
Been a while since I read the thread, but if I recall, this was seasonal, right? If so, given the season, doesn't it make sense ads don't convert? Are people just window shopping now, to maybe come back in the future?

What about the other thing you were working on? I can't remember if you made it public knowledge so I won't mention it, but didn't it help people with a certain medical condition?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.