The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

29 Years old: Just bought my 2nd Lambo (not clickbait)

sunil11

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Mar 25, 2018
india
9 and 1/2 years ago, when I was just 18 years old, I hit the "join" button on a forum that would forever change my life. I was already an entrepreneur at heart - and had tried a few things - but I had now found a like-minded group to share ideas and thoughts with. This catalyst was the equivalent of adding rocket fuel to my entrepreneurial gas tank. While I had to put in thousands (and thousands) of hours of work + critical thinking and trial and error - there is no doubt in my mind that this journey was sped up by a few years thanks to @MJ DeMarco (and others thanked in numerous other threads of mine).

What will 9 years get you on this forum? A gated 6-speed Lamborghini Gallardo (if that floats your boat). More importantly it will get you a new line of thinking (UNSCRIPTED ), an appreciation of your most valuable asset (TIME), and the ability to appreciate FAILURE.

I'm nervous even posting about this, because it feels a bit unreal to me. Truly, I keep telling my friends who know about it that it "doesn't feel real" or "doesn't feel like it's mine yet". But this past Saturday I bought her and drove her 700 miles home (with my girlfriend of 11 years, who has been here this whole journey) back to Chicago. Had about 300 pictures taken by strangers along the way haha.

28361147079_897de9ec79_b.jpg

40141410661_658a1e7cc7_b.jpg

If you asked 18 year old me what my goals were, I would have said "7,000SF house, multiple Lamborghinis, Own a Sports Team, etc.)... but as I have conquered larger obstacles and "grown up" a bit... my goals shifted. I still plan on owning multiple Lambos (I love everything about them, the artwork of the design, the engineering and power, the sound, the drama, etc.)... but getting this car was an important reminder to me that success is not a destination. It is a way of life (for me, having my TIME to myself).

If success were a destination, then that destination would forever elude you (i.e. you get to $10M in networth, you want $50M next...etc. etc.)... In that scenario you are never truly happy. I think coming to know that the ride is what is important is such an overused but MEGA important reminder. Owning this car is a reminder that I need to enjoy the ride and not hoard every available line of credit/dollar for business deals only. And, at the end of the day I got this particular Lambo because I believe I can drive it for 1-2 years and not lose money on it (barring any acts of God) - which is exactly what I did with my 911 Turbo (sold for $1,000 more than I paid for it originally, after 8,000 miles of enjoyment).

My favorite things on this journey (aside from the new friends I have made along the way) has been tackling challenges I set for myself, helping my employees grow (who are now like my family), and becoming a better human being through personal development. Make it your mission to serve others (employees, customers, etc.) and your success will be a bi-product. That is my new goal in life. I'm sure it will lead to more Lambos :cool:

Cheers to the first (of hopefully many)!

Get started today guys. Have no fear. Just take calculated chances.
Alex
Dude! you know what, i am 19 now(started the entrepreneurial adventure), and your story is such a great motivational booster, i had a smile on my face throughout the story, and the end my eyes were a bit wet! really happy for you man! :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Caroline888

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
May 5, 2018
UK
Wow! Your story is a great inspiration for all of us! Thank You for sharing!
Congratulations!

9 and 1/2 years ago, when I was just 18 years old, I hit the "join" button on a forum that would forever change my life. I was already an entrepreneur at heart - and had tried a few things - but I had now found a like-minded group to share ideas and thoughts with. This catalyst was the equivalent of adding rocket fuel to my entrepreneurial gas tank. While I had to put in thousands (and thousands) of hours of work + critical thinking and trial and error - there is no doubt in my mind that this journey was sped up by a few years thanks to @MJ DeMarco (and others thanked in numerous other threads of mine).

What will 9 years get you on this forum? A gated 6-speed Lamborghini Gallardo (if that floats your boat). More importantly it will get you a new line of thinking (UNSCRIPTED ), an appreciation of your most valuable asset (TIME), and the ability to appreciate FAILURE.

I'm nervous even posting about this, because it feels a bit unreal to me. Truly, I keep telling my friends who know about it that it "doesn't feel real" or "doesn't feel like it's mine yet". But this past Saturday I bought her and drove her 700 miles home (with my girlfriend of 11 years, who has been here this whole journey) back to Chicago. Had about 300 pictures taken by strangers along the way haha.

If you asked 18 year old me what my goals were, I would have said "7,000SF house, multiple Lamborghinis, Own a Sports Team, etc.)... but as I have conquered larger obstacles and "grown up" a bit... my goals shifted. I still plan on owning multiple Lambos (I love everything about them, the artwork of the design, the engineering and power, the sound, the drama, etc.)... but getting this car was an important reminder to me that success is not a destination. It is a way of life (for me, having my TIME to myself).

If success were a destination, then that destination would forever elude you (i.e. you get to $10M in networth, you want $50M next...etc. etc.)... In that scenario you are never truly happy. I think coming to know that the ride is what is important is such an overused but MEGA important reminder. Owning this car is a reminder that I need to enjoy the ride and not hoard every available line of credit/dollar for business deals only. And, at the end of the day I got this particular Lambo because I believe I can drive it for 1-2 years and not lose money on it (barring any acts of God) - which is exactly what I did with my 911 Turbo (sold for $1,000 more than I paid for it originally, after 8,000 miles of enjoyment).

My favorite things on this journey (aside from the new friends I have made along the way) has been tackling challenges I set for myself, helping my employees grow (who are now like my family), and becoming a better human being through personal development. Make it your mission to serve others (employees, customers, etc.) and your success will be a bi-product. That is my new goal in life. I'm sure it will lead to more Lambos :cool:

Alex

Flybye

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Feb 19, 2018
Cuba v2.1 (Miami)
The first thing that caught my eye on your article?

"...gated 6-speed..."
Congrats on your successful adventure. Congrats on getting such a great machine. But most importantly from car guy to car guy, congrats on getting a manual! :clench:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
But most importantly from car guy to car guy, congrats on getting a manual!

How 'bout it! Too me forever to find a 6-speed Murci. They're all paddle shifters nowadays.

Thread upgraded to GOLD!

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015

Alex

Awesome, though 300 miles in that thing looks uncomfortable! Haha, mine's a Veyron Super Sport when I get there :)

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
I'm always curious about one thing. When you drive that lambo around, did random female strangers come up to you and ask for your number, or making the first move to ask you out after they discover you're the owner of the lambo?

NaPal

Done > Perfect
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Apr 16, 2012
USA
I'm always curious about one thing. When you drive that lambo around, did random female strangers come up to you and ask for your number, or making the first move to ask you out after they discover you're the owner of the lambo?
Good question. How many gold diggers are brought to your attention?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

If I recall it really wasn't a magnet for women, more of a dick magnet.

Back in the day when the Viper was relatively rare, how that thing was a dick convention.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
If I recall it really wasn't a magnet for women, more of a dick magnet. Back in the day when the Viper was relatively rare, how that thing was a dick convention.

Like this?

e30722de67760fa1522033a2fd3bf272.jpg

Now that's disappointing to know lol

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium

:rofl:

You really believe that yourself?

DavidIonesi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Apr 1, 2018
Romania
This is the

Alex

This is the most beautiful story that I have ever read. Asside from MJ's, I got goose bumps all they way while reading it. I have them while still writing this comment. Thank you! THANK YOU FOR SHARING IT! I know that it added another brick to my story. I feel it in my soul! I'm already on my way to join your ranks. I thank @MJ DeMarco for being born, I thank him for his relentless persistence trough struggles, for I know that I have it easy compared to him.

He figured it all himself. I don't know if I could've done that. He gave us his blue print which resonates trough every fiber of my beeing, help others, solve their problems, money will come as a by product. I want to help people, I always wanted but I was derived from the path because of the Script. Thankfuly MJ was born, MJ UnScripted himself and MJ was inspired to spread the gospel.

MJ, if you're reading this...Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, really, thank you. Thank you! I'll be here. And I'll let you know when I join Alexanders reality.

Alex, I'm happy for you. I will admit and say that I was jealous in the first seconds, I realized that, and I realized that I have no reason for feeling so. I think I know what you feel right now, know that I'm happy for what you are feeling. Know that when I get to feel the same as you are right now, somebody that will be in my current place, will feel and realize the same. Realize that dreams come true.

DavidIonesi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Apr 1, 2018
Romania
This is the

This is the most beautiful story that I have ever read. Asside from MJ's, I got goose bumps all they way while reading it. I have them while still writing this comment. Thank you! THANK YOU FOR SHARING IT! I know that it added another brick to my story. I feel it in my soul! I'm already on my way to join your ranks. I thank @MJ DeMarco for being born, I thank him for his relentless persistence trough struggles, for I know that I have it easy compared to him.

He figured it all himself. I don't know if I could've done that. He gave us his blue print which resonates trough every fiber of my beeing, help others, solve their problems, money will come as a by product. I want to help people, I always wanted but I was derived from the path because of the Script. Thankfuly MJ was born, MJ UnScripted himself and MJ was inspired to spread the gospel.

MJ, if you're reading this...Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, really, thank you. Thank you! I'll be here. And I'll let you know when I join Alexanders reality.

Alex, I'm happy for you. I will admit and say that I was jealous i6+++++++++++++++n the first seconds, I realized that, and I realized that I have no reason for feeling so. I think I know what you feel right now, know that I'm happy for what you are feeling. Know that when I get to feel the same as you are right now, somebody that will be in my current place, will feel and realize the same. Realize that dreams come true.

Still have those good damn goose bumps Ha! Ha!
View attachment 19604

DavidIonesi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Apr 1, 2018
Romania
Say in the voice of a pathetic Slowlaner...

Dude, but if you put that in an index fund that makes 8% a year, you''ll be throwing away $62,000 by the time you're 80! Bad move! Wait until you're 80!

Lol, you're traumatised and still have a fixation on slowlander's dogma.

advancedyn

I love the power of the Internet!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Aug 14, 2011
Wichita, Kansas
Yeah, this. That's what I really love about this forum. It's chock-full of honest and sincere people who want to create value for others rather than just get rich. Alex, you hit the nail on the head with your comment about the friends you have made. It's been said we are the sum of the five people we spend the most time with. That's why I hang out here.

Congratulations on your new Lambo. That's badass! Love that color. I sure am happy for you. Thank you for sharing.

G

Amazing!!! Congratulations!!

You have a great outlook and it sounds like you're genuinely an all round great person.

D

Deleted58089

Congratulations man!
I have read your progress thread twice so I am not amazed that you managed to buy that Lambo.
I knew it was going to happen somday.
Great inspiration for everyone!
Keep working!

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
how do you like the 911 vs the gallardo? any pics ?

(huge fan of the f430 gallardo and 911) imo the older models are more aesthetic than the newer ones

goodjob!

G_Alexander

Does it Cash Flow?
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
936%
Jun 7, 2008
Thank you guys for all the positivity. I just got Titanium Straight Pipes + Titanium Intakes on the car, as well as new tires. Here is the video of how she sounds for those who are interested :fistbump:

Appreciate any thumbs ups given on YouTube :thumbsup::smile:

Jon Anthony

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
572%
Jan 5, 2019
Congratulations, man. This post fills my soul with motivation.

Jonathan Hoch

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jan 17, 2019
Sounds fantastic! And I'm glad you're not driving around with a limp wrist! The shifters are a dying breed. Even the super-hyped GT500 has dropped the option for stick shift :(

Talk to Jerry Thornton from Eurocharged Performance. He'll find you plenty more horsepower.

While I was there, they were completing a fantastic twin turbo rear mount C63 that made 720whp on 6lbs for a customer, with a hilarious license plate "SIDEGIRL"

His daily driver(s) were a twin turbo gallardo, and a twin turbo 458. And when he didn't want to drive those, he drove his world record holding C63 that was running mid 10.xx on the track.

no_tie_anymore

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Dec 30, 2018
Germany BaWü
@ G Alexander

congratulations you hit Gold

You could buy a bunch of TheMillionareFastlane or Unscripted to give it to the litel MJ`s who are old enough to ogle sports cars (like yours) an sixteen-year-old girls while they rolling over to the ice cream parlor.
(Unscripted page 19)

Just a joke. ;)

Enjoy your car.

G_Alexander

Does it Cash Flow?
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
936%
Jun 7, 2008
Not sure if I should have made this a second new thread or not (to create more buzz + energy)... but now:

29 Years Old: Bought my Second Lamborghini (and my True Dream Car)
32449726027_302e4db99b_b.jpg

46668283984_345d895141_b.jpg

40425955023_d01d4ae185_b.jpg

It really is true. The more people you help, and the more employees you hire into your businesses to help provide them a fulfilling (emotionally and financially) career... the more financially successful you become. SIMPLE: Take care of people, and they take care of you.

The car is literally like BRAND NEW and is BONE STOCK. No mods. I have already put 700 miles on in just the first 3 days of ownership. I drove it from San Francisco to Beverly Hills (400 miles) and got it up to 147mph on the highway (in Mexico ;)). It is SO SMOOTH at speed. Unbelievable machine. Took it down to Pelican Hill + Laguna Beach the next day and put another 200 miles on it zipping around, before taking it to the canyons to drive with some friends who have YouTube channels.
46476479985_0394dee98a_b.jpg

46476479535_695dc09be0_b.jpg

This car was previously owned by Shaun White!! Yes, that Shaun White. One of the coolest athletes on earth. I can feel the Olympic blood coursing through my arms each time I grab the wheel :D:D
32449724257_50b5052887_b.jpg

The car is now getting a full straight-pipe setup, to achieve the Kreissieg sound (just without a valved system, since valves tend to go bad and rattle).

Exterior, I will keep exactly as is. Just plain classy. Just adding wheel spacers to the rear wheels.
46476479155_911085fdf0_b.jpg

I AM ON CLOUD 9 with this car. My dream car since I was 12. I'm now 29. Can't believe this is real life. Wow wow wow.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Not sure if I should have made this a second new thread or not (to create more buzz + energy)... but now:

29 Years Old: Bought my Second Lamborghini (and my True Dream Car)
32449726027_302e4db99b_b.jpg

46668283984_345d895141_b.jpg

40425955023_d01d4ae185_b.jpg

It really is true. The more people you help, and the more employees you hire into your businesses to help provide them a fulfilling (emotionally and financially) career... the more financially successful you become. SIMPLE: Take care of people, and they take care of you.

The car is literally like BRAND NEW and is BONE STOCK. No mods. I have already put 700 miles on in just the first 3 days of ownership. I drove it from San Francisco to Beverly Hills (400 miles) and got it up to 147mph on the highway (in Mexico ;)). It is SO SMOOTH at speed. Unbelievable machine. Took it down to Pelican Hill + Laguna Beach the next day and put another 200 miles on it zipping around, before taking it to the canyons to drive with some friends who have YouTube channels.
46476479985_0394dee98a_b.jpg

46476479535_695dc09be0_b.jpg

This car was previously owned by Shaun White!! Yes, that Shaun White. One of the coolest athletes on earth. I can feel the Olympic blood coursing through my arms each time I grab the wheel :D:D
32449724257_50b5052887_b.jpg

The car is now getting a full straight-pipe setup, to achieve the Kreissieg sound (just without a valved system, since valves tend to go bad and rattle).

Exterior, I will keep exactly as is. Just plain classy. Just adding wheel spacers to the rear wheels.
46476479155_911085fdf0_b.jpg

I AM ON CLOUD 9 with this car. My dream car since I was 12. I'm now 29. Can't believe this is real life. Wow wow wow.
Congrats on the new car!

Looks really sleek! She's a beauty!

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
:thumbsup::praise::clap::

But I thought that Fastlane shit was a scam!?

Congrats man, I owned that car for a good 4 years, was pretty damn reliable! You will love it!

So so excited for you.

You did it, you worked the math, worked the need, and worked the value. Boom!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.