The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What's your Lambo? (What are you working for?)

Lord Business

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Feb 24, 2018
finland
latest

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GDIBass

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Mar 1, 2018
San Diego
- Own a house/condo in Mammoth that I go to regularly (snowboarding whenever I want)
- Mustang GT-350 (or GT-500 if they change the motor in it next year)
- Passion towards the thing I'm working on

Dave Daily

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Feb 22, 2018
Chico, CA
Over my lifetime, I've done several things on your bucket list. You've created a good list...
#1 was a biggie for my various college degrees, and all have been paid off many years ago
#4 didn't work the way you've projected... But as a side project, I helped start, and then I was chairman of the board for a women's & children's shelter. That work lasted several years & it is one of the highlights of my life.
FYI. No, the women wouldn't work in the garden we tried to grow. Our real job with them was teaching them basic living skills -- like getting up in the morning and cleaning up after themselves.
#5 done that -- still in the residential rental business. Rentals are a PITA to manage, but it is a good passive income business. And it's the bright spot in the real estate world.
#9 yes, he was a real cutie -- need I say more?
#11 Yes, it was fun, but I prefer living in the woods here in Alaska, where I have my own cross country skiing/walking trails.
#12 designer clothes aren't important anymore -- I'm into being comfortable. Not only that, talking about a depreciating asset! Designer clothes are the worst. Wear that garment once and they are worthless before you even get the CC bill.
#16 done -- long ago. I figure that ditching me was his loss. It's made me free as a bird.
Keeping working on your list! The ride is worth the ticket price.

Thanks for the preview of things to come. What took you there?

As for designer clothes, I don't need to do there, but simple tailored clothes would be nice.

As for our exes bailing on us, there is definitely a silver lining there. :)

Thanks for the reminder to stick with it. I'm still very early on, but I can see how easy it would be to become overwhelmed.

Dave Daily

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Feb 22, 2018
Chico, CA

Kennypaul

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Mar 19, 2018
Nigeria
I've put this in off topic as it is more dreamer than progress but thought it would be fun to know peoples reasons for going into business/wanting to make a decent amount of money. MJ spoke about wanting to be the driver of his own lambo. Some want freedom or time with your kids. Mine, I want to emigrate with my family to the U.S. and unless you go the marriage route (which i doubt my wife would appreciate ha!) or have a degree(NOPE!) the only other way is to have money/business assets. That's what keeps my flame burning bright. How about you?
I basically want freedom,to travel the world(ever got sick of staying in a place for too long?) and the ability to take care of my family(especially my mother).

• nikita •

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Aug 24, 2017
London
Freedom -- not worrying about whether I'll be fired and not being tied to a 9-5. I'd like to travel and spend my entire time learning new things just for the sake of it and experiencing life (because you only get one try to see what it's all about, and this world is more than a cubicle or the occasional trip to Spain).

If we're talking about material stuff, an R8 and a huge penthouse :D
Also I love my family but if I ever "make it" I'm never gonna shut up about how they doubted and screamed at me for years.

BucketHolly

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Oct 27, 2017
Philippines
  1. Pay my f*cking student loans off. lol
  2. Start the next business in a better position.
    1. Beat Elon to Mars?? ;)
  3. Become more useful and helpful to other entrepreneurs, both here and wherever, especially my 3 children. My 10 year old has a pretty strong entrepreneurial drive. I took her out door to door selling slime and she made $100 on pure cuteness. She's done this on her own a few times since. Now she wants to be a youtuber.
  4. Start a non-profit — I've always had a soft spot for the homeless as there have been times when I've felt that could easily be me. I'd like to create a tiny home community that is also a farmer's market. Homeless people get tiny homes with lawn care and maid service. In exchange they get a backyard and training on how to grow a particular crop. The tiny house community would be designed so that all the backyards face a place where people can drive up and buy produce. The homes, services, and training are free and in exchange the community gets fresh produce. I don't know if it would fly, but if it doesn't, I'd want to help the homeless get on their feet in some other way.
  5. Buy apartments
  6. Travel the world to buy and sell property while also learning history
  7. While traveling, I'd write a novel.
  8. Lease or maybe own an electric car—I like the design of the Fisker E-Motion.View attachment 18568
  9. Hire a personal trainer
  10. Learn the guitar and the piano, get voice lessons. I'd write some songs and perform. I like James Taylor, Jack Johnson style music.
  11. Get a bigger place with some nice amenities. I've never had a pool, so that would be nice.
  12. Start caring about nice clothes? lol
  13. Sell the next business for a bigger amount.
  14. Start the next business.
  15. Repeat steps 13 & 14 ad infinitum.
  16. Give the eternal middle finger to my ex.:innocent: :halo::rofl:
The last one is hilarious. :D

SMH

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Mar 20, 2018
Poland
Impact, freedom and a great living for my family. Enjoying life as much as I can.

Last edited:

rwhyan

The higher, the fewer
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Aug 27, 2017
CA
1. freedom
2. health
3. pursuits of meaningful work
4. relationships
5. learning

Money facilitates and bolsters my ability to pursue all of the above.

Nannan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Oct 9, 2016
Freedom. Ultimately take control of my time. Because with this control, I can work on my secondary goal, which is helping people.

Brett Beckwith

Meat
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jun 4, 2018
Iowa
My Lambo is starting a successful business to avoid attending medical school. Though becoming a doctor would be rewarding and interesting, it's not the life I want to live, for the hours are too long: I would miss out on so much i.e. my future kid's lives.

Not to mention, there is so much I want to learn, and I won't have time to do that with such a demanding job. I would like to learn the piano, learn 3 languages, and be a personal trainer for fun.

Zcott

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jul 24, 2018
To relieve my family of financial worry forever so we can enjoy all this world has to offer.

DamienDee

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Jul 29, 2018
I actually achieved my first 'lambo' about 3 years ago.

Back then, it was to have a great business that allowed me to travel indefinitely, working online along the way. I spent 3 years travelling and living in a whole range of interesting places.

Now my dream has shifted..

I don't want to have to work - They say work consists of anything a person 'aught' to do. And I've consistently found that when I HAVE to do something so that I make money, I eventually stop enjoying it so much.

So my dream is to have enough passive income so that I never HAVE to work, I just get involved in projects because they interest me and I know financially I can stop any time I want. I believe that I'd be my most powerfully productive and creative self under those conditions.

Johnny Bravo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 20, 2018
US
I figure everyone says freedom is their Lambo (and for good reason), so I'll just say ditto for that part. I'm getting pretty close to the point of not needing to work so now I'm looking to some of the things in life which will make it even more enjoyable.

Not sure about you guys, but I HATE flying.

Not because I am fearful or get sick while in the air, but I despise the utter lack of compassion received from the a$$ clowns at the airport. (One of my favorite t-shirts has a cute picture of a guy getting a pat down with the slogan, "It's not gay if it's TSA.") Even if you travel first class (which is amazing, btw) you still have to pack your bags in compliance with ridiculous FAA rules and head to the airport (which is an hour away for me) early enough to arrive an hour or two before your flight. You have to share your personal space with some questionable characters who may or may not have taken a shower that day. Your bags will hopefully arrive relatively unscathed at your destination at the same time as you. The trip around the airport is strenuous enough for your daily exercise.

It just plain sucks.

So my Lambo is a plane.

I thought about a Piper M500 or M600, but they only have a 260/270 kt max cruise. I say only because the soon-to-be-delivered Epic e1000 has an impressive 325 kt cruise and a whopping 34,000' ceiling! That's globe trotting capacity right there!

Epic-E1000.jpg

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I'm doing this for freedom not only for me but my mum and dad aswell, so they can also live the rest of there days not worrying about money.

To do things that I love whenever I want and to do whatever work I so choose.

Victor Cezar

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Jun 29, 2018
Brazil
Well, I have a lot of things that I want to have and do with the consequences of the fast lane.
But summarizing everything. My lambo is my time, I want to have 100% ofmy time. With this I want to inspire people, make people feel good things, create a legacy that transcend time

WTF

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Jun 24, 2018
San Diego, CA
Freedom in time, in what I can go do, in what I can afford to eat, in the quality of places I live. Freedom in all aspects of life; I don't care for anything fancy.

Nothing more than that.

BelovedLittleOne

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jul 29, 2018
Austria
My lambo?

Something most people are scared to death of: Change.

Changing big chunks of my life as it is now, gaining control, liberty, choice, creativity and a good night’s sleep.

Control over my own life. Paying off that restricting mortgage. NOT giving my boy into daycare for 30 hrs a week, in order to work at a job, that I need to pay bills. Being able to NOT force my family into a system because I don’t seem to have another choice. Contributing value to not just one big company which does not even appreciate and/or want all the things you are doing. Liberty to help and give money, time and knowledge freely (my brothers mortgage, a home for my mother to grow old in in dignity, financial support for my cousin (4 kids, newly divorced), local community, the list doesn’t stop there. The liberty to give in to creative ideas (business and private) and not postponing them to “maybe never”. The choice to constantly learn new things. Sinking into a good book’s story without setting an alarm.

And eventually a lifestyle.

A cook? A help? A gardener? A physiotherapist/personal trainer? A pilot’s license? A gyrocopter? A sailing-license? An Oldtimer? Kayaking in Mongolia? Horseback riding in the Rocky Mountains? Snorkeling in Madagascar? Sailing to the Azores? Hiking in Austria? Visiting my family and friends as often and for as long as I want? Sleeping in and working in the wee hours of the night?

But let’s not do all at once! I’ll just start by working until the wee hours of the night, and not sleeping in.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Aston Martin v12 Vantage in 6-speed Manual. White with a jet black interior.

More realistically I’ll probably get the V8 since I want this to be my daily driver.

XYRiHKe.jpg

opPSwls.jpg

swqChg9.jpg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDNj82rHzvM

My first ‘lambo’ was my BMW 335i Coupe. I had it but it got rear ended. :(

Tom.V

Tom
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Feb 20, 2012
San Juan
I haven't spoken to too many about my pie in the sky, but it's lofty.

When I first started down this path, after reading TMF and TR's Awaken the Giant Within, I fleshed out all of my materialistic goals. While I do still want a private island with a landing strip in addition to a 100ft yacht with a helipad and room to park my Pagani safely onboard, I have evolved since then. Things that can be bought with money are losing more and more value as I travel down this path.

It was about 3 years ago that I started having some health issues, primarily related to poor diet, lack of exercise, and sitting in front of a computer for 12-18 hours a day, 7 days a week. I have since rectified my poor habits and have "seemingly" undone a lot of the self inflicted damage. With that in mind, it was facing my own mortality that got my mind racing harder and faster than it ever had before. Searching frantically for answers, for solutions, and for preventative measures for many of the most treacherous maladies.

It got me thinking, and intensely curious about how to overcome them. I had stumbled across some pretty amazing projects people were working on at the time, such as Ido Bachelet and his clamshell nanorobots that he and his team programmed to release chemotherapy drugs directly at cancer ridden cells. The claim was that this process could be used to cure any form of cancer, given they could identify specific markers to target it. (excuse any ignorant verbiage or assumptions here, again I am not a scientist). Last I heard about the project was they had a subject with Stage 4 leukemia with one month to live and they were going to use the nanorobots to cure the subject. Things went dark from there. Some more info -> Nanorobots made out of DNA seek and kill cancer cells

This was all just so exciting to me to find out about. To really see how fast things are advancing in the field of medicine, to truly help not just individuals, but the masses. Every time I read about cures, or vaccines, or breakthroughs, the hair stands up on the back of my neck. My face gets flush, my eyes well up. It's a feeling of pure joy and pride for our species. The true marvel of human achievement. It's this feeling that I now crave. It's the end result that could potentially save humanity as we know it and create an end time for disease and even death.

So I have been researching and taking notes since I've made this realization about myself and what I want to accomplish in life. I want to contribute in this field how I can with the goal being to organize and push towards these breakthroughs. This can take many forms, and I am still working out the details, but this is the long game for me.

As far as getting there, the plan now is to build my company to sell, make enough from that sale to gain 100% control over my time and finances for the rest of my life to be able to 100% focus on this endeavor. It's all in the works.

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
I suppose I am torn. On the one hand, I am exhausted and want / need a break from the day job ... mostly to recharge.
On the other hand, I would really love to run a technology company that rides the waves of technological progress and eventually positively impact the lifes of a billion people that way (Singularity University style massively transformative purpose).

Part of the target lifestyle are a luxurious home, sparring (PFS?) with robots and regular rapid skill acquisition experiments.

YoungPadawan

Miles to go before I sleep
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 7, 2015

SethLBender

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Sep 3, 2018
Anaheim CA
I have taken a Ferrari for some laps at a small track and if its a car that's what I'd choose.

I think the Lambo is ourselves growing incrementally through daily habits and fulfilling our potential while helping out others to do the same. Help family, help friends, help those in need.

Danny Sullivan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Jul 2, 2018
Germany
Sounds weird, but i'm having the best days if i was able to directly help someone and improved their day / life. If money was no concern i would organize "come-togethers" for homeless people, providing food and drinks, the ability to get a proper shave and haircut, maybe even showers or a place to wash and buy some second hand clothes for them to change theirs. Some might even be able to get their lifes back on track, which i'd genuinely enjoy.

If money was no concern i would more often approach homeless people to ask them what they need (maybe it's just some food or a pair of new shoes or whatever it is) and then offer to provide it for them.

I would like to be able to sometimes pay for grocery purchases of elders (when i see them counting their spare change and maybe putting things aside if they don't have enough money) or seemingly single mothers with a lot of kids that have to pay 200-300 € just for the most necessary goods. General just people that seem like they have a hard time providing for themselves.

Improving the overall situation for our animal shelters in germany would be another concern. Just beeing able to organize / provide what they need (medical care, equipment for their animals, new constructions etc.) would really make my day.

I don't need much for myself. A small place to life which i can call my own (debtfree), maybe a hobby car (still in love with the Mitsubishi Starion 2600GS and the Datsun 240Z). Owning my own time and the ability to travel the world is my personal priority.

If you have enough money, why hold onto it like it's "your precious"? How does 100.000$ per month make you any more happy than 10.000 $ per month? Both is enough to live like a king. It's about what you do with it and give back to society, not how much you have.

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
My lambo will be the moment I will have spent the necessary money on my eyes, teeth and general health. That would be my Huracan.

My Aventador SV would be the moment I will have paid back the hard work my parents did since I'm born by paying their mortgage and debts they accumulated because of their children to make them happy... and being able to focus on their health and happiness.

All the other fluff rolling in my mind are just "Nice to have" things, like a safe yet performant and stylish car that's not too expensive (used Stinger GT in a few years?) yet comfy enough for my girlfriend and I. Useless dreams would be a Tesla Roadster for me and a Model X for my parents (safest SUV IIRC). I wouldn't say no to a McLaren either. Before all the expensive cars (excluding the Stinger GT) I would love a house where you don't hear the neighbors.

struka

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Feb 22, 2018
TN
If you would've asked me this few years ago, I would say a car like a 70-80s Porsche (still on the list) but now I would say travel would be a priority so I can see the world and teach my kid(s) about other things in life than being a materialist.

AF77

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Mar 8, 2019
Take my wife and kids to Mexico WITHOUT worrying about how the money spent puts my home and their lives in jeopardy (financial).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.