The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

[How to] see outdate/offline websites

kcaps

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Aug 4, 2018
Germany
Hello there,

I am slowly getting through all the threads I find important to read and I noticed that some posts having links to websites which are outdated, looking different or are simply offline.

For example this post here: How to Learn Code, Start a Web Company, $15k+ per month within 9 months

It contains a link to a website which is offline, but you are still curious and want to see what the website looked like back then?

Easy enough. Head over to: archive.org and put the link into the header search box, like this:
d4I3POJ.png

And hit enter to start the search.

Now you are getting a overview from the 'snapshots' which were created back then:
R1MBdHe.png

Check the date from the post, which was 2016 and head over to 2016 and you will see small blue circles on the calendar, which indicates the snapshot date:
QYEOnEe.png

From here you can (and sometimes need) to check every snapshot in order to see the website from this date - I would say it works most of the time. At least for around 80-90%, sometimes even the snapshots are screwed and there aren't enough snapshots to choose from.

Now click on that snapshot and it should open the website.
For example I choosed March 29, 2016:
PgdTyzG.jpg

This also works with direct links to blog posts, for example, this thread here: 500+ Ways to Make Money Online

It is from 2014, so I copied the whole link and put it into archive.org, choose 2014 and click through the snapshots and hope for a working blog post:
3tBgzAF.png

Loading on this specific link took like 20-25 seconds, it looked like it was stuck in a loading loop: (Long a$$ gif, sorry for german, but I think you get what I mean):
LKxjrGC.gif

But in the end, the website loaded and we are getting the informations :)
So, don't give up, just let it load, unless it won't load...I guess.

Best regards.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.