The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Success Through Removing Failure Conditions

Anything related to matters of the mind

SEO Guy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
384%
May 14, 2017
Page 1
I want to introduce a framework I've used time and time again to help crush my goals both seamlessly and stress free.

I see a lot of people on these forums, and really everywhere I go throughout life, striving to "win" all in a similar fashion. By default, our brains take an objective look at a goal we have, and immediately it will start to piece together a to-do list of tasks based on previous knowledge, biases, and experiences all combined to create a pathway to success.

This is extremely effective for our day-to-day task that are repetitive and we don't have to think much before doing; taking out the trash, doing the dishes, eating, etc. However, when it comes to achieving complex goals with hundreds of immediate variables such as making money, or building relationships, our current framework for accomplishing these goals fails us in a big way.

Let me explain how our brain's default framework for achieving success fails us. If by default, our brains largely focuses on tasks that will immediately move us closer to the current "win" we're going after - then this means that we're missing out on a lot of the things that could make us fail. Also known as, failure conditions.

For example: If a success condition is having a website so you can sell your products, then a failure condition would be having a slow site speed - dropping your conversion and killing your profits.

By not thinking about simple failure conditions, you could kill your entire business. You can see this by playing through a simple scenario in your head. Imagine someone, or yourself, spending months on product development, $X,XXXs on a website, and then marketing for the next year. You could have a great product that provides value, a beautiful website, and a killer marketing strategy. But if your website is the only sales channel, and your site speed sucks, you could miss out on millions of dollars.

Of course, site speed is a very simple failure condition and there are infinite failure conditions with any given goal. Because we can't predict every failure condition, it can be very easy to get caught up in the infinite amount of failure conditions, just as it can be with success conditions, AKA analysis paralysis. So to get around this, we take a bird's eye view look at our previous failures, other people's failures, and our knowledge/experiences to find the most impactful failure conditions to knock out. By impact, I mean the one's that are most likely to lead to failure.

A lot of goals can even be achieved very easily, by ONLY removing failure conditions.

Here's another example -

If we're writing sales copy for one of our products and we want it to convert - we don't necessarily have to be the most suave and waxing copy writer ever to live to reach great conversion rates and make a lot of money. Let's take a look at a few failure conditions we can easily remove to ensure we write some highly converting copy.

Failure Conditions that lead to low converting copy
  1. Sounding like an idiot. (Typos, incorrect assumptions, bad grammar, etc)
  2. Overwhelming visitors with details of our products, adding confusing to the direct benefits our product offers them.
  3. Not having conversion points. Buttons to buy, schedule a call, etc.
  4. Not having testimonials, or trust elements.
  5. Not having pictures or videos of your product in action.
As you can see in this example, if we just remove these 5 failure conditions and don't worry about much else - we should come very close to creating a highly converting page.

I'm still developing this framework, while also working on my delivery for explaining it to others. As always, feedback is welcome and I'd love to hear your take on this framework for accomplishing goals!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

XxThelionxX

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 26, 2017
Texas
Soo...

If we want to go after 100k. We are basically just adding failure conditions to the to-do list. Where my day would usually consist of write book, invent product, idk-fly to mars! With your tactic we would have that plus these “failure conditions!”

I love it!
If I understand correctly. It would be...I really don’t know. I must try though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.