The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I don't want to contribute to an IRA. Am I nuts?

Anything related to investing, including crypto

Medic

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 18, 2012
I Confess I'm not contributing to 401k plans either to due to the complete lack of transpency and continuous push of these programs by slowlane advisors who profess its "free money" and there implication that retirement will be a breeze with the few grand a year allowed in their plan.

What troubles me is that the government can do whatever it likes with the taxes/rules on your 401k long before you'll get near it. I have 20+ years to go until I'd be able to withdraw without fees and I'm sure by the time I reach 65 the government will have raised retirement age nearer 70.

So I choose to invest in places where I know exactly what I'm buying and can see/touch the assets. All those poor bastards that retired in 2008 will die long before they see their contributions let alone any compounded interest or tax benefits. Meanwhile the fund managers are driving around in bmws on the fees they collected.

My 2cc

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Elif

New Contributor
Jun 25, 2018
Not an investment adviser, but I do not contribute to retirement plans. As a tax deferment strategy, it's not very smart. You're losing more money (by setting it aside and not being able to touch it) than you save in taxes.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.