The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What one year on this forum can do

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

sonofodin366

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Nov 22, 2017
Ottawa
Thanks for writing this. I have been experiencing quite a bit of turmoil over trying to figure out the next step, the right move, that one idea that changes everything, so reading this has really helped. I started a little side-hustle that has made me about 5k but it doesn't have the potential to scale and is labor intensive. But it continues to teach me how to turn an idea into sales. I've been thinking too long term, so your idea about focusing on just making a smaller amount first then moving on to larger amounts has changed my perspective. So thank you again.

thore

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Feb 20, 2015
(continued...)

You Are The Only Person Who Can Get You Where You Want To Go
I’m calling myself out here. Don’t know why. Don’t care. Maybe this will help somebody. I (unknowingly) came to this forum as a hardcore wantrepreneur. I had some ideas, but had no clue where to start. Last year, two members – Kung Fu Steve (hiyaaa!) and JackEdwards – kindly offered to help me out. We talked a little bit about some things I could do and some steps I could take. When Jack and I were talking about one business idea in particular, he threw out a very large number - $500 million annually. I called some people and did some research, but that’s when the wantrepreneur in me kicked in. I wanted to talk to successful entrepreneurs about business, but when it came down to it, I was all talk. Sorry for having wasted your time gentlemen, but it was necessary for me to take the step from wantrepreneur to entrepreneur. Listen, somebody can lead you in the right direction, but you’re the only one that can do anything about it. Nobody is going to do it for you. You have to do it yourself. Vigilante posted about how sometimes we make things way harder than they actually are. It's very encouraging for those that are scared to take the next step.

Instead Of Turning $8.13 Into $1 Million, Start With $100
Thanks to Biophase’s post, I’ve only recently adopted this mindset. There isn’t a person registered on this forum that wouldn’t want to make (possibly another) $1 million. A lot of people (including myself) have said they want to go from nothing to millions in a year, or by a certain age or whatever. There is nothing wrong with wanting to make $1 million in a year. The problem is, if you haven’t made $100 from a business then maybe you should start there first. Or $1,000 or $10,000 or whatever your number is. Start with by walking a lap before you enter the Boston Marathon. When you hit your goal of $100, congratulations! Now make a new goal of $1,000. When you hit that goal, move on to $5,000, and then $10,000 and so on until you hit $1 million. There is a great side effect to this way of thinking that Biophase pointed out and that is you give yourself more opportunity. If your goal is to make $1 million, you will look past a business selling, say, Ping-Pong balls because you think it could only make a few thousand a month. Guess what? A few thousand a month will help pay your bills and fund your million-dollar business venture. Figure out a way to become financially free making $3,000 selling Ping-Pong balls and you’ll have all the freedom to start any business you want. Thanks to ton of help from Vigilante and Biophase, I have been working on starting an online business for which my goal is making $1,000 by the end of August.

If You Want To Know Something Simple, Google Is Your Friend.
This forum is unlike most forums. A lot of new people will ask very basic questions like, “How do I start an online store?” You aren’t going to get good answers to questions like that. There are probably 500 million places you can find this answer. Start reading and you’ll find out how to start an online store. Ask well thought out questions to get well thought out answers.

Some Threads Should Be Required To Read
Snowbank made a post a long time ago about getting free mentoring on this forum. When you have some down time, you need to read the posts from the top members of this forum. Go down to the bottom of the home page and look at the names under the “Members TOP SPEED Reputations” list. Click on each of their names (and MJDeMarco) and then click on the “Find Latest Started Threads” link on the left side of their profile. Read each one of these posts because there is a ton of information available. A lot of it won’t apply to you, but some of it will and you’ll get an adrenaline rush.

It’s okay to make mistakes, say stupid things, whatever. It’s all part of learning. Hopefully these few things I’ve learned over the past year can help you get there faster. And thank you to everyone that has helped me get to where I am. Cheers!
Thank you so much for this post.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
Wow - I can't believe how fortunate I was to see and read this thread. There's so much great history and info on this forum. If I'm reading the dates right, this thread was started in 2012? Here I am in 2019, a noob, and finding an awesome thread. thanks all.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.