The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Don't make people feel you are trying to trick them

Marketing, social media, advertising

FreedomXX

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 12, 2018
Berlin
This is going to be a very short rant.

I receive a number of messages through Linkedin and other social channels every week. I read almost all of them, not because they are (mostly) good copywriting but I am obsessed to see why they suck and make me feel like somebody tries to trick me : )

Some are worse than this, way worse.

Don't try to trick people into buying your stuff, that feeling will make them forget you in split seconds.

So how should you reach people instead?

First, be real and not sneaky : ) This is funny but 95% of messages I receive are fakey, don't do that.

Second, tell a story, talk about what happened, what is the problem, how it can be solved and become the solution to their problem.

Third, have a long term mindset while writing your message, don't only think that moment or tomorrow. Let them feel you have a long term vibe through your message.

Four, people will not remember what you said but will remember how you make them feel. Make them feel something real and distinctive.

I am not an expert on this but sent and read thousands of copies.

Last year I have doubled my business revenue through linkedin DM in only 2 months and helped close friends with similar growth or finding key connections. Even wrote a program that teaches this, helped 100+ people to do the same.

Most importantly I am sick of receiving spammy messages : )

These 4 things really worked for me and hope it helps your communication.

Short rant over.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.