The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello

Slact

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
May 24, 2018
Hello everyone,

Getting right to it, I'm here because I need entrepreneurship in my life. I've been doing a lot of introspection lately and found that I needed a purpose to pull me forward. It probably sounds far-fetched and cliche, but after committing myself to change I found it much easier to drop some weight and get out of bed in the morning. It sounds absurd to say as much but I quite literally just discovered that goals were a thing and that smaller ones beget bigger ones. Go figure. I'm just going to be grateful I stumbled upon that "secret" before old age.

I've had some entrepreneurial endeavors in the past but each of them failed. I realize (after having read Unscripted and several other books this past few weeks) that my biggest mistake each time was focusing on myself and not focusing on producing value. If I'm being frank with myself, I produced things I liked and then threw a fit when they didn't get universal praise. It hurts to admit as much, but I'm finally starting to realize that I should use those experiences as a learning tools rather than assuming that it meant that entrepreneurial success is impossible for me, which is precisely what I had done in the past.

I'm not middle aged yet, but I do have a fair amount of life experience. I'm hoping to share whatever experience and insights I can while also learning from others and making like-minded friends.

Wishing each of you the best today.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Great intro thread.

If I'm being frank with myself, I produced things I liked and then threw a fit when they didn't get universal praise.

Rejection is part of the process. If you can't handle some early failures, then there's no way you'll manage if shit hits the fan. Keep trying. If things go bad, learn, adjust, and push forward.

Good luck @Slact

Slact

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
May 24, 2018
Great intro thread.

Rejection is part of the process. If you can't handle some early failures, then there's no way you'll manage if sh*t hits the fan. Keep trying. If things go bad, learn, adjust, and push forward.

Good luck @Slact

Much appreciated, thank you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.