The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

HOW TO: Increase customer survey responses

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

BigRomeDawg

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Jan 22, 2014
Canada/USA
Are you asking your customers for feedback? You should be.

You need to know if your customers are happy. To do that, you need to give them an outlet for them to let you know how they feel.

A good time to do this is after they receive something from you.

If you’re selling products, send them a survey after they get the product. In our case (tech support), when we resolve a ticket they get an email with a survey link.

Back to the title: You start sending these survey links. Nobody’s clicking it.

We were getting less than 1% response rate.

Abysmal.

I used one simple trick to increase our response rate from 1% to ~15%.

Here’s what our emails used to look like:

Screen Shot 2018-02-19 at 7.50.08 PM.png

Who’s going to see that? Have you ever looked over someone’s shoulder as they go thru emails? This thing hits the trash can faster than rotten milk. If they click it, they probably don’t complete it anyway because it’s too long.

You need to 1. catch their eye and 2. make it EASY.

Here’s what our emails look like now:

Screen Shot 2018-02-19 at 7.48.38 PM.png

We use Customer Thermometer (no affiliation). Another one is SmileBack.

When they click a face, their rating submits automatically. It takes them to a page that allows them to add notes if they want. Notice it is just 1 question. It DEFINITELY isn’t multi-page.

By default the images were way smaller. I added custom emoji images and made them massive.

Other notes:

I expected every review to be negative. You know the saying, people only speak up when they’re upset. It was the exact opposite. Less than 3% of responses are negative.

Because they are so positive, we decided to display our ratings live on our website. How’s that for transparency:

Screen Shot 2018-02-19 at 7.42.05 PM.png

Our PSA feeds variables about our customer into the app so we can track who it is, which employee they worked with, and the ticket number.

Perhaps adding an anonymous option would get us more negative feedback? I prefer negative because it helps us improve our service. I know we’re not perfect, who is?

That’s it. No lambos. Just a bit of actionable advice.

-Roman

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BigRomeDawg

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Jan 22, 2014
Canada/USA
Im so tired of doing reviews, but a simple button like that would actually make me click on it. NJ!

Thanks, glad you enjoyed.

I thought this thread would be more of a hit, getting customer feedback is tough when you have thousands of customers. This was quite a breakthrough for us

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
This is very cool. I like the one-click convenience right from the email, instead of going to some other survey site first and who knows how much hassle that might be? Also like the visibility into your scores! Thanks so much for showing us this tip!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.