The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm a 7 figure eCommerce Seller and Here's My 2 Cents

MJoo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 31, 2018
The Netherlands
Sounds great! If I read correctly you also have your own e-commerce website. Which software platform do you use for that?

Xolorr

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
520%
Jun 4, 2018
Cape Town, South Africa
Man, impressive thread bro!

I'd like to ask if you run sales outside of amazon at all, like a brand ecommerce site or something?

I'm starting out in ecommerce and have no way to sell through amazon, so I'm working on marketing and brand awareness as the sales will be driven through a private site, and not amazon or a similar platform.

Any advice on getting the ball moving? At the moment I'm working with a bunch of micro influencers in my space.

Yussef

Knowledge Recycler
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 30, 2012
Awesome post man. Fellow FBA'r here. I focus mostly on my own Private Label and Trademarked brands (as opposed to wholesale) these days but your numbers are pretty impressive. I am just curious about something regarding whole selling if you don't mind sharing.

I know of a few other people that do pretty impressive numbers as well and their margins were pretty low for the amount of work they were doing. There's ranged from 5% net to 15% on the exceptional high end. Another thing that turned me off was if you don't have brand exclusivity on AMZ there is nothing to guarantee that other sellers won't start panicking and sell outside of the MAP. Just curious about how you deal with these issues at the level you're on.

Much success.

Sorry for the delay. I have been looking at items for the upcoming October rush. Your concerns are valid as far as listing hi jackers go. I won't go as far as to say it "can't" happen, but I will say that Amazon is doing a much better job protecting those that are brand registered. Plus you get access to enhanced listing content and I hear they are about to roll out new features for those that have taken the steps to get their brands registered. As for MAP, that's mostly a wholesaler issue when someone sells below the minimum price allowed by the distributor or manufacturer. I personally have not run into any hi-jacking issues on my listings but I have heard of it happening to some quite a while ago. Amazon has tightened down on even getting an FBA account now and I just walked my daughter through the process and they have added several new identity verification layers now. Hope this helps.

Yussef

Knowledge Recycler
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 30, 2012
I don't understand why anyone would want to build a viable business around these softwares...Eventually, everyone will be using the same software (if not already) and they get shut down, phased out, algos change - amazon is always a step ahead.

Why not go against the grain and find another way?

@biophase are you using any of these types of softwares in your business and would you recommend them to your students in your hands on course?
I don't think the idea is to "build your business around a tool."

Tools like Viral Launch are used as sort of a market indicator check point.

I wouldn't say a business that uses Quickbooks is "building their business" around Quickbooks. If Quickbooks shut it's doors you would still have a business. It just might take a little work to learn a new process.

I look at it this way. Either you can be Blockbusters and put your money on things working out by doing things the way you have been doing them. Or you can be Netflix and respond to the data and trends that the markets say they want. But you have to have the correct data in order to do that. Viral Launch are the guys with the data right now.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Moved this out of the INTRO forum...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

miraman

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jul 2, 2018
Can anyone simplify the branding process into laymans terms and not have to buy an ebook to get a grasp of it? Example: If I am interested in a product to buy and sell, and seems that many others are selling it as well. How do you make that product look like yours?

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Can anyone simplify the branding process into laymans terms and not have to buy an ebook to get a grasp of it? Example: If I am interested in a product to buy and sell, and seems that many others are selling it as well. How do you make that product look like yours?
You don't have to buy my book to at least get some ideas that might help. See this post so that at least you know what subjects are covered: PUBLISHING - Forum Members and Their Books!?

Walter

DURABLEOILCOM

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 25, 2012
What type of products are you selling? Are they big brand name products or private label brand items from China? How much profit % are you making on average per item?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.