The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How so called "get rich books"(well not exactly) lead me here... Kinda ironic right?..read on

Kennypaul

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Mar 19, 2018
Nigeria
Hello guys and gals.My life was all about playstation,sleeping,chatting endlessly online,TV(well not reality tv shows,I would never do that*laughs*)...and so on.This went on for years.So one day... my mum thinks my life needs a reboot and gives me a book(which most of you know) as "think and grow rich" by napoleon hill.As I read,I experienced for the first time in my life what they(i have no idea who "they" are) call "mental masturbation".While I was a little bit inspired,it didn't just click.This gave birth to an endless hunger to find that "something"(be it a book,article,magazine...whatever) that would click when it came to the matter of money.Then I asked mum if she had another book.And yes she did...

Guess...nah.. Try again..oops...one more time...Ok,the next guy who came in is widely known as George Samuel Clason,author of "The poorest man in Babylon"(oops sorry the "richest")excuse me while I laugh.I'm back,and once again I experienced the masturbation.Only this time, it was more ridiculous.I said to myself that only an idiot would follow the rules in book(i felt this in my gut).Then I asked my mum for another,and guess what..you got it right,she had another.

I can't really remember the name of crappy book.While it was a good read at first,stuff like "make sure you do what you love"(not that this can't make you rich),invest in the stock market,etc began to pop up.It was right there I knew it was "crappy"(like I said earlier),but the hunger for the "right click" only grew.But I didn't give up.This time I didn't ask mum for more books,I assumed she might give me crappy books.So I went online yet again..Guess who I ran into?

OK.Let me give you a hint.He has two dads, one rich,one poor(Get it now?).While the book was amazing(to an extent),some(if not many) parts did not just feel right,so it didn't just click.Feeling frustrated and unsatisfied,I still didn't give up,so I kept researching online(do you notice how the desire to be rich is intoxicating?).

Finally.I stumble upon a book(well let's say a book in a TEXT form) from the internet archieves website called "MILLIONAIRE FASTLANE " by MJ DeMarco.My first reaction was "Oh my goshh",seriously?,isn't this guy one of those "get rich fast" authors??...Then I said to myself..what have I got to lose?(I had a lot to lose if I didn't read this book)...and finally I heard the "CLICK",I couldn't be more thankful for this book.

After several months of surfing through this forum and finally reading the "UNSCRIPTED "...I am here to officially join like minded people(like you reading this),in order to learn, grow,take action,provide value and change the trajectory of my life.My name is Paul(you could call me Kenny if you like) and I'm just 19 years old.Nice to meet you all.Thanks for reading this.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tommo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 21, 2018
Perth Australia
Hi Paul welcome. I also new..You have a nice writing style.
I went to the 2 Dads seminar in Perth around about 1999/2000 and chatted to Mr. Kiyosaki at the urinal during the break. I bought his Cashflow game but didn't have anyone to play it with. He went on to promote his mate John Burley and I left feeling but not realising this is how they mostly operate. MJ speaks the truth and I have witnessed his assertions which made his books ( I want to say resonate but mj will fkn hate it lol) so identifiable. I have spent money on training courses that by the time you read them they are out of date ,which is of course the whole idea. Sinister Lex has posted stuff I wish I'd heard 20 year's ago. That man is so far ahead of this game.Both MJ and SinisterLex that is.

Kennypaul

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Mar 19, 2018
Nigeria
Hi Paul welcome. I also new..You have a nice writing style.
I went to the 2 Dads seminar in Perth around about 1999/2000 and chatted to Mr. Kiyosaki at the urinal during the break. I bought his Cashflow game but didn't have anyone to play it with. He went on to promote his mate John Burley and I left feeling but not realising this is how they mostly operate. MJ speaks the truth and I have witnessed his assertions which made his books ( I want to say resonate but mj will fkn hate it lol) so identifiable. I have spent money on training courses that by the time you read them they are out of date ,which is of course the whole idea. Sinister Lex has posted stuff I wish I'd heard 20 year's ago. That man is so far ahead of this game.Both MJ and SinisterLex that is.
Thanks Tommo...tell me more about this sinisterLex guy... If you don't mind

Tommo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 21, 2018
Perth Australia
Thanks Tommo...tell me more about this sinisterLex guy... If you don't mind
Best advice I can offer is that you do your own research on here and spend time reading SinisterLex Gold threads, the most recent are absolutely worthy of Goldplus status.. Go search and enjoy buddy. There is so much here for any endeavour you are interested in following.

Tommo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 21, 2018
Perth Australia
Best advice I can offer is that you do your own research on here and spend time reading SinisterLex Gold threads, the most recent are absolutely worthy of Goldplus status.. Go search and enjoy buddy. There is so much here for any endeavour you are interested in following.
Stargazer you said it better lol

Kennypaul

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Mar 19, 2018
Nigeria

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Finally.I stumble upon a book(well let's say a book in a TEXT form) from the internet archieves

Ya mean you stole my books? C'mon man!

Kennypaul

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Mar 19, 2018
Nigeria
Ya mean you stole my books? C'mon man!
No MJ, I would never do such a nasty thing.I simply read your book in the library.I actually feel bad that you think I'm a thief or something like that.I wasn't raised that way and I can't remember the last time I took something that wasn't mine(honestly!).I'm sorry if you got the wrong message from my thread.Your books are probably two of the most valuable books on the planet amongst others.A person who steals them should probably have his/her head on a pike(just kidding!).I hope you understand me now.Are we OK now?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
No MJ, I would never do such a nasty thing.I simply read your book in the library.I actually feel bad that you think I'm a thief or something like that.I wasn't raised that way and I can't remember the last time I took something that wasn't mine(honestly!).I'm sorry if you got the wrong message from my thread.Your books are probably two of the most valuable books on the planet amongst others.A person who steals them should probably have his/her head on a pike(just kidding!).I hope you understand me now.Are we OK now?

Yes, I said that more in jest, than being serious. We're good!

RobD88

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Nov 20, 2017
Missouri
@Kennypaul Welcome to the forum. You'll find it very enlightening just like MJ's books. I wish you the best and hope to see posts about your successes (and failures since that's how we learn).

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia

Welcome!

I actually found TMF that way too..from a library!;)

I went out later to buy a few copies of UNSCRIPTED when it came out.

Kennypaul

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Mar 19, 2018
Nigeria
@Kennypaul Welcome to the forum. You'll find it very enlightening just like MJ's books. I wish you the best and hope to see posts about your successes (and failures since that's how we learn).
Thanks Rob.... really appreciate

Kennypaul

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Mar 19, 2018
Nigeria

Please SEARCH before posting.