The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

B2B Sales & Businesses: Do we need to worry?

Marketing, social media, advertising

Crexty

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Feb 2, 2018
Arizona
I'm in a couple B2B Sales businesses. I was just curious and had a couple questions about the future of B2B Sales.

Do you think Cold Calling Will Ever Become Outlawed in the US?

If not, how long will cold calling stay effective?

Now when I say telemarketing, I don't mean like robocalls. But cold calling in terms of calling businesses and closing appointments/estimates to sell products or services.

If cold calling does eventually die, how would outbound B2B Sales processes work? What would people use?

Given that one of my businesses is built purely on Outbound B2B Sales. Should I be worried about cold calling going extinct? If I'm overthing or over-reacting, someone please tell me.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
Your last sentence is correct. You are over-thinking.

One reason for you to chew over is this.

Smaller companies; especially start ups, use cold calling to get early sales, so they are not going to be pushing for any legislation.

If for some reason in the future they did, I can't think of many FTSE 100 (UK) /Fortune 500 (US) companies that don't cold call as part of their mix and their 'financial and political muscle' would swing into gear to block any legislation for decades.

Effectiveness of it is something else. That is why you need to know all of your costs. Two businesses can sell the same item at the same price and one make a net profit and the other make a net loss.

Dan

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
Do you think Cold Calling Will Ever Become Outlawed in the US?

If not, how long will cold calling stay effective?

no, how could it be? a b2b cold call isn't spam, its you calling a business about business. They have company phone numbers for a reason. The employees need to be answering the phone for a reason.

I think its a hugely underutilized method because lets face it, cold calling sucks a$$ - so everyone wants to do "just enough" to get by and they all use linkedin (which is burning out response rates on that platform because these folks get so many messages a day)

One interesting new business model that's popped up is sending gifts as part of an outreach effort (pricey but, do you think a bottle of wine on your desk might get you to say ok to a 30 minute call?)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.