The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
642%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
Inshallah I shall speak.

Ah F*ck the maybe since you can't see my body language on that one.

Put me on the list as a speaker and I'll show you how to split the fabric of space and time.

@MJ DeMarco @Vigilante

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
642%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
Since I need a topic, it will be titled this:
"No Excuses For Not Taking Action - Lessons Learned From Solving Complex Needs."

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Some call outs for next year... either to SPEAK, or to ATTEND...

@MidwestLandlord
@IceCreamKid
@SinisterLex
@Fox
@MTF
@Kak

Would love to meet (or hear you guys speak) next year!

Just a few off the top of my head!

Feel free to bop in a few of your own suggestions!

I might possibly speak next year if I figure out during the next 365 days how to fill the post-Fastlane void (this year's meetup wasn't a good time for me mentally). I think that could actually be a pretty good topic for a presentation (discussing how your life after reaching your big goals can actually be a pretty difficult challenge). But it's too early to say anything about next year so yeah...

Robert_R

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
600%
Jun 8, 2017
New Mexico
First of all, a big thank you to @MJ DeMarco for drawing my card so I could buy a ticket. The probability was in my favor, LOL.

I’m not sure why I felt so inspired to take photos, it just seemed like the right thing to do. I enjoyed my time at the summit and plan to bring my wife next year. The talks were eye opening and gave me some direction on where I should be heading. I’m eagerly waiting for some of the slides to be posted and getting with @Kung Fu Steve about some items he offered (no, not discount tickets). I talked to my wife about the summit, what I learned, the variety of personalities who attended and just the camaraderie between everyone who attended.

I enjoyed meeting @MJ DeMarco after going through both books and watching his videos. The “F*ck You” five lecture was very informative. I talked to my wife about our financial “equation.” That might be a good subject for a book.

Thank you @csalvato for pulling double duties talking about the hiring process and crypto currency. The later was one of the best I’ve heard on the subject. I was explaining to my wife about block chains and how the currencies worked.

Some many good speakers, so many good topics.

Biggest thing that moved me:

@Chitown : Put the box of donuts down. :)

Thank you again to the rest the speakers: @Arrabista , @eliquid , @DaveC , @TheTruth , @AllenCrawley @biophase , @SteveO @biophase , @million$$$smile (thanks again for the shirt), @Envision @Get Right. I hope to see you all next year.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
Thank you @csalvato for pulling double duties talking about the hiring process and crypto currency. The later was one of the best I’ve heard on the subject. I was explaining to my wife about block chains and how the currencies worked.

I am very grateful that I was able to help someone with even one small nugget.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I’m not sure why I felt so inspired to take photos, it just seemed like the right thing to do.

REP+ for this, by the way.

I know I'm not the only one who took almost no photos and is very, very glad someone like you "stepped up" for the rest of us in that regard.

You did an awesome job - thank you.

(And thanks to everyone else who contributed photos to this thread as well!)

Greg R

Act, Assess, Adjust
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
465%
Oct 28, 2015
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

Jill

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 26, 2008
Frisco, TX (Dallas)
+1 @SteveO to missing @Vigilante. The greatest challenge this weekend was getting more than 3 minutes with anyone.
Right?! So glad I got to sit down with you for more than 3 at lunch! So enjoyed meeting you and hearing your story. Can’t wait to see what all you’re gonna do next!

StompingAcorns

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Dec 11, 2015
Southeastern U.S.
Some experiences can’t be described in words. I agree wholeheartedly with what @hyrum said. I am so touched by how open, genuine, kind, and warm this group is. I met the most amazing, fascinating individuals from all walks of life doing all kinds of interesting businesses – and you were all interested in getting to know me as a person. This is a group unlike any other, and I am humbled and grateful to be a part of it. I love you all dearly.

Many thanks to @MJ DeMarco, @Red, @Eskil, the presenters, and all those who helped make this happen.

A sunrise for @SteveO 's collection:
20180217_071634_sm.jpg

20180217_071649_sm.jpg

20180218_085424_sm.jpg

Last edited:

G_Alexander

Does it Cash Flow?
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
941%
Jun 7, 2008
Right?! So glad I got to sit down with you for more than 3 at lunch! So enjoyed meeting you and hearing your story. Can’t wait to see what all you’re gonna do next!

@Jill - DITTO. So great meeting you after all these years on the forum together. You are a class act and a real hustler! I'm confident I have a new lifelong friend =)

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Perhaps the Days Inn story should be shared. We had to start somewhere. This event started with a small group and grew. We should be thanking the pioneers of the early days.

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Perhaps the Days Inn story should be shared. We had to start somewhere. This event started with a small group and grew. We should be thanking the pioneers of the early days.
Please do. Maybe a make a separate thread on the origins and early days of this meetup where some of the old timers can chip in and reminisce. I have seen a few old pics and heard tidbits but not the full story :)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

vitality11

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Sep 12, 2015
OK
(vitality11 here, Korean dude from Kazakhstan with Russian accent, with sometimes funny and oftentimes not funny jokes, 5'7", single, joker archetype, ENTP, available for adoption)

I found my nirvana meeting all of you and basking in your swag.
Words can't describe what an honor it is to interact with so many of you.
I feel more inspired to push harder and grow my business even more.

I root for everyone to be in good health, to push harder, to push smarter, and think big.

All of you had such a strong impact on me.
I feel your energy, I feel what you stand for, and the fire that burns within all of you.

"Doctors say I'm the illest, cause I'm suffering from realness" - Kanye. It was great to see how all of you are genuine and relatable just like that.

Not only y'all are role models business-wise but also many of you are role models character-wise.

Thank you for showing up. Thank you for making time to speak to me and many others. Thanks to all of the organizers as well.

We will grow and we will give back to the community.

TKDTyler

The Tea Guy
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Aug 25, 2014
(vitality11 here, Korean dude from Kazakhstan with Russian accent, with sometimes funny and oftentimes not funny jokes, 5'7", single, joker archetype, ENTP, available for adoption)

I found my nirvana meeting all of you and basking in your swag.
Words can't describe what an honor it is to interact with so many of you.
I feel more inspired to push harder and grow my business even more.

I root for everyone to be in good health, to push harder, to push smarter, and think big.

All of you had such a strong impact on me.
I feel your energy, I feel what you stand for, and the fire that burns within all of you.

"Doctors say I'm the illest, cause I'm suffering from realness" - Kanye. It was great to see how all of you are genuine and relatable just like that.

Not only y'all are role models business-wise but also many of you are role models character-wise.

Thank you for showing up. Thank you for making time to speak to me and many others. Thanks to all of the organizers as well.

We will grow and we will give back to the community.

I nominate @vitality11 to do a 1 hour, fastlane stand up special at the next summit once he goes full bloan comedian. Me and @James Fend couldn't get enough of you brotha! :rofl:

TKDTyler

The Tea Guy
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Aug 25, 2014
I3ssyAY.jpg

The greatest lesson of the summit was when @James Fend explained ADD with a 3 rock triangle at 3am

#knowledgebombs

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
605%
Oct 16, 2014
@MJ DeMarco thank you from the bottom of my heart for putting on this conference and for all of the selfless work you do for this community. The value you bring to the world and this community is immense and unmeasurable.

The summits that I have been fortunate enough to attend have been some of the most impactful things I have ever done. Each summit makes me feel so humbled, I am in complete awe at so many of your accomplishments, it's just so amazing to watch. I can't thank you all enough, both speakers and attendees, for sharing your ideas so openly.

I am a pretty extreme introvert, and the first summit I attended in 2015 I had to push myself everyday and every interaction. @MJ you challenged us to put ourselves out there, and pretty much just said accepted the anxiety and did it. At that time that meant talking to about 15 people at that event. Now that seems pretty pathetic for putting myself out there.

The second summit (2016) you gave me the opportunity to speak. I must admit part of the reason I submitted my name was because I was terrified to speak and wanted to put myself completely outside of my comfort zone. I was shaking like a leaf the whole time I was presenting...from the podium it felt it went terribly. But after I finished it really opened the door and other people approached me to talk. I ended up talking to about 30% of everyone at the conference that year. Which is probably the highest number of relative strangers (by a factor of 5) I've ever talked to in one day.

This year, I made it my goal to learn as much about as many people as I could. I think I managed to connect with about 60% of people there. It's astounding the wealth of experience, contacts, and valuable information that is at this event. I'm just bummed I couldn't get around to talk to everyone.

Thank you to all the speakers. I especially want to thank @AllenCrawley, @Red, and @Eskil for the behind the scenes time and effort they put into this. If there is anyone else who was working behind the scenes I missed, thank you.

Thank you to all the speakers, I know that it takes many hours of time and effort to put things together. Thank you for your contributions.

@Arrabista thank you for your wisdom in interacting with people, communication. This is one area I am working hard every day to improve.

@million$$$smile your story is inspiring like none other, and your presentation was immensely entertaining.

Chris S (sorry forgot your forum name). Your ideas on hiring and on boarding couldn't have come at a better time. This is definitely something we have struggled with.

@AllenCrawley Thanks for sharing your journey, teaching us about negotiations, and man you have some kick a$$ skills in photography and marketing.

@eliquid your niche is right up my alley. I appreciate your takes on authority and how to grow products like this. It makes me rethink some of my approaches, and I will definitely be expanding some of the things we do based on ideas and experiences you had.

Roc (sorry didn't catch your forum name either). I'm interested to see how your ideas on office hacking turn out. Hopefully we have a follow up next year. It's impressive what you've accomplished so far.

@biophase No one can put a value on the information you share. Every time I read your posts or hear you speak I want to get into ecommerce. I'm going to do it just have too much on the plate right now and trying not to have shiny ball syndrome....but thank you so much for sharing your wealth of experience.

@SteveO thank you for sharing your information and story. Truly inspiring.

I know I'm missing a few people that spoke...thank you. There was not a single talk that I did not gain some new insight and perspective from.

Hopefully I have the true privilege and opportunity to attend the next summit. I know there are far more people that want to attend then their are tickets available. Thank you again MJ for giving me the opportunity of sitting at the feet of giants and learning from them.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
Whenever I am around @biophase , @1step and @JasonR I have to resist the temptation to get into ecommerce too

I love ecommerce but want to make sure I’m not chasing shiney apples

Btw I’m Chris S.

Last edited:

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
605%
Oct 16, 2014
@MJ DeMarco next summit could we have a cards printed with everyone’s name on it? It would be helpful to keep track of who we have spoken to and help us search out people we haven’t.

I’d be happy to have them printed if you think it’s a good idea and could get me the names.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
@Vigilante when I’m in tampa (despite the bloody traffic), drinks/meal is on me boss. Need to catch-up

Ronak

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
317%
Sep 13, 2013
Just want to thank MJ once again for all you do. What started as a thought in your mind has blossomed into many real lives changed. For 10+ years, you have touched millions, inspired tens of thousands, and every year, literally move 100+ people to spend precious days away from family, transporting themselves across countries, oceans, continents to come together to share the dream.

As a first time attendee, my only regret was not getting enough time with everyone there. Thanks to @Kung Fu Steve for your mini psych session. @Vigilante for flying in just for the day and allowing me to share my success story in person, @Get Right great talking to you, you literally gave me 5+ ideas from a 10 minute conversation-- that's what it's all about :)

No actions can fully convey that gratefulness, but I will try.

My idea: 30 days from now, I would like to select 1 person who has implemented the most of what they learned at the summit. If you are interested, post here (or we can do another thread depending on mods' preference). Declare your intention, and by March 19th, pm me with details of what you've accomplished, and I will choose one to get a free year INSIDERS subscription (or equivalent value if you're already an INSIDERS), my treat.

Deal?

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Just want to thank MJ once again for all you do. What started as a thought in your mind has blossomed into many real lives changed. For 10+ years, you have touched millions, inspired tens of thousands, and every year, literally move 100+ people to spend precious days away from family, transporting themselves across countries, oceans, continents to come together to share the dream.

As a first time attendee, my only regret was not getting enough time with everyone there. Thanks to @Kung Fu Steve for your mini psych session. @Vigilante for flying in just for the day and allowing me to share my success story in person, @Get Right great talking to you, you literally gave me 5+ ideas from a 10 minute conversation-- that's what it's all about :)

No actions can fully convey that gratefulness, but I will try.

My idea: 30 days from now, I would like to select 1 person who has implemented the most of what they learned at the summit. If you are interested, post here (or we can do another thread depending on mods' preference). Declare your intention, and by March 19th, pm me with details of what you've accomplished, and I will choose one to get a free year INSIDERS subscription (or equivalent value if you're already an INSIDERS), my treat.

Deal?

Solid.

You are already doing what you and MJ and I discussed.

Well done sir. Keep pressing.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
518%
May 29, 2013