The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I've Read UNSCRIPTED!

Flaviuse

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 5, 2018
France
I just finished reading the book, started with the audiobook and finished it in paper version because I couldn't handle the amount of informations. It's a very good complement from TMF , I will continue a searching for info on money system because I'm living in France but it's a strong base. Impatient to learn more !

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
My girlfriend bought this for me for my birthday, as it was the only gift I had on my wishlist. Just finished reading! Great job MJ, really enjoyed the followup from TMF .

Turner

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Dec 27, 2012
Calgary, AB, Canada
Just finished it via Audible during my many drives around town. When I made the decision to buy it, I was in my car in the late evening grabbing a coffee. Miserably cold outside with snow coming down (Canada). Felt like it was my MJ moment with him in the limo as he described in MFL. Thank you MJ for what you do.

ygtrhos

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Dec 27, 2016
I have read it.

I have two criticisms MJ, if you read this anyway:

1 - I believe that you repeat the first book too much in the first third of the book. You probably did this though because you want to give the idea to a person who has never read you, but you could have maybe warned the people who read your first book.

2 - The book is too U.S. based, although the idea applies universally. I do not expect you to cover the eventualities of whole world when you give examples, but English has 1.5 billion speakers and only maybe 500 million of them are native speakers. Where I live (Germany), there are 40 million English speakers, that is more than Canadian population! I would have loved it if you had given more universal examples because I cannot relate to Fox News or CBS, as I do not live in United States.

But you still overdelivered, and I do not regret reading the book in its entirety. Thanks a lot!

SirBrian

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 12, 2018
Phoenix, AZ
I've listened to Unscripted . Wow. Just thinking about the script of college, get a job, grow older, stock market, get older, still not rich, old, die... still gives me the shivers that I was doing that to myself, and so is everyone I know. I am glad I read this book after Millionaire Fastlane .

D

DeletedUser052

Majority are scared to face the truth.

That's why I think your books haven't hit NYT bestsellers list yet.

But we all know you don't care about it, coz you have achieved 'F*ck YOU' phase in life.

100% Life Changer. Pure GOLD. Thank You @MJ DeMarco.

Read THE book.

LOYD

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Sep 10, 2013
Awesome book. I have both the audio version and the e-book to go back to specific parts I want to re-read. Finished the whole thing via audio in about a week and a half during my commutes each day.

Rodrickee

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Dec 29, 2017
Brazil
Listened to unscripted audiobook, the reader has a great performance!

I liked the idea of the book to point at the beliefs we, and the society have that makes us slaves. Thank you for the red pill Mj!

keith4444

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Jan 13, 2018
UK
Ive just finished unscripted , I will be reading it again, taking notes and taking action! Hope to be at the next summit as this one is sold out!

bbar97

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Dec 1, 2017
South Carolina
Freaking awesome book. Quite possibly the best book i've ever read. (I actually listened to it) It gave me a jumpstart to wake me up and get started on my entrepreneurial ideas.

KrzyszWawrzyniak

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Aug 4, 2017
Great Britain
Stinking skunk next to me is better than this book. What is the author thinking?
Every smart person knows that you can't make money unless "The Union" will allow you to join their lines and be rich, + you need to be lucky, at the right place, in the right time.
Creating value? Antagonizing social norms and rules? Who is he goddamit, and who are the people giving him positive reviews?
Making laugh of education system hit me in the face; of course it's good to have Medieval Literature Degree because IT WILL guarantee you a job somewhere else than in McDonalds you would have straight after high school.
This guy, MJ DeMarco, didn't make money as he told you he did. Everybody knows that it doesn't matter what you know but WHO you know. He had a rich family and that's how he'd made it!

Very disappointing...

Perhaps it's difficult to smell sarcasm but hey, I tried :p

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I've read Unscripted . About to read it again. Finally remembered to come post about it. I know there's takeaways that need to be reinforced again and again, and other takeaways I probably overlooked completely. I really enjoyed the book. Will probably grab the audio version next. Listening seems to sink in better for me.

Thanks MJ

The Patriot Way

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
Sep 19, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I finished Unscripted last fall, and am on my second go-around at the moment. I'd try to describe my experience but I think I would run out of superlatives pretty quickly. Excellent, life-changing, paradigm-shifting, resonating, startling, etc. etc. I think I will give this "entrepreneurship" thing a try and work from my laptop on the beaches of Bali! Only kidding, of course.

Unscripted crystallized the ideas of TMF for me, and I was glad to see CENTS rebranded as CENTS - has a much better ring to it! As I read through Unscripted again, I am making an outline of the points that really hit home for me and that I felt provided the most value and day-to-day usefulness. Much of the information I had already fully bought into and was already on the same page, such as the TUNEF philosophy, my FTE, and especially the bit about how cattle (like me) are herded for economic purposes and for efficiency. However, I think I would benefit having chapter takeaways and certain bulleted lists (such as the 13 ways to find needs) on paper so that I can wake up and take 10 minutes every single day to get this stuff into my brain and establish the proper mindset before I head out into the world. If this interests anyone, would be glad to provide my word doc after I'm finished. I will likely do the same for TMF.

Fantastic work. Thank you MJ! Hope to do you proud and prove that I am not just another driveby action-faker or wantrepreneur.

Last edited by a moderator:

Daedalus

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Nov 7, 2013
More forum flair please. I actually read this book unlike Bobby and Jason, who are functionally illiterate.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.