The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What can I do on a daily basis to grow as an entrepreneur?

Hvazquez07

Sales Funnel Strategist Expert
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Feb 16, 2015
Boca Raton, FL
Learn from people that are already in the place you want to be, every day. I cannot tell you how important a good, uplifting mastermind really is. This forum is great because of that, but there are lots of Facebook groups, Slack Channels, Discord Servers, etc., that they'll help you change your perspective on what's possible.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Sell Sell Sell Sell Sell annnnnnnd Sell some more

Hustle or reading or whatever wont help you learn how to make people buy things.. which is the whole point of business. Have some direction in your goals

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hey guys,

I've always wanted to know what Every Entrepreneur should to do on a Daily Basis to Grow and Achieve More Success.

Let me have your point of view on this.

Thanks.
Hmm... What would happen if we helped one person a day? I wonder where that would lead?

TreyAllDay

Whatever it takes
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Feb 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Hey guys,

I've always wanted to know what Every Entrepreneur should to do on a Daily Basis to Grow and Achieve More Success.

Thanks.

LEARN and PRACTICE.
I've learned more in the last year than I ever have, especially about sales, psychology, business, etc. But you lose it fast if you do not put it into practice. Just try to learn something new every day.

Jade.backer

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Feb 3, 2018
USA
I agree with WKJ;
Live every moment! Work; read; grow; notice the world around you; get interested in other people; listen twice as much as you talk by asking lots of questions; breath deeply; get out and move around

andrewthomas

New Contributor
Jan 15, 2018
United States
Learn from people that are already in the place you want to be, every day. I cannot tell you how important a good, uplifting mastermind really is. This forum is great because of that, but there are lots of Facebook groups, Slack Channels, Discord Servers, etc., that they'll help you change your perspective on what's possible.
thanks

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Hey guys,

Thanks.

I do a couple of things...

First of all I set goals. Underlying goals. We have a vision for how we want our lives to look one day... Write it out. Let it exist somewhere besides your head. Not only is this a load off, but it is also cool to see it.

Write out short term goals daily. Almost like an ideal to do list. I like to sit down at my desk with a cup of coffee every morning, address and alter yesterday's goals and write some new ones. I then, for some reason, get some satisfaction out of grinding yesterday through my paper shredder. This all takes me about 2 minutes. Then I go about by day busting my a$$ trying to check them off.

One of my many goals it to amass ridiculous business knowledge daily. I do this mostly though business news and audiobooks when I drive. I also think there is great business and leadership wisdom to be found in the book of proverbs in the Bible. So it tends to be something I circle back into periodically as well.

Some here know I have been a fan of the WSJ for a long time... I recently canceled it... Why? Because the CNBC app hits more points faster. I feel like I'm more well informed than I was... So Im rolling with it.

I needed a release. Golf, flying airplanes, guns and building things work well for me. I am currently completely remodeling my master bathroom, as in down to the foundation, in my spare time, and it is a load off the technical ins and outs of my businesses.

Beyond that, I am a freak of nature and the rest of this is an advanced form of business a**hole... I have not had a cable subscription in 10 years. I don't waste time on social media because I don't have them. You wont ever find me at a bar. I don't give a flying shit about sports (even the masters if I'm being honest). I don’t “shop” in fact I loathe the word associated with going out with no particular purpose in mind other than to spend money on shit you didn’t “need” before you saw it. People who discuss these items bore me. Smile and a nod.

Last edited:

animalstyle

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
208%
Jan 5, 2018
USA
I needed a release. Golf, flying airplanes, guns and building things work well for me. I am currently completely remodeling my master bathroom, as in down to the foundation, in my spare time, and it is a load off the technical ins and outs of my businesses.

Beyond that, I am a freak of nature. And the rest of this is an advanced form of business a**hole... I have not had a cable subscription in 10 years. I don't waste time on social media because I don't have them. You wont ever find me at a bar. I don't give a flying sh*t about sports (even the masters if I'm being honest).

I'm just writing this out more as a way of cementing this in my head, but I think it will help others.

I think what you've said here is that in your free time, you're taking part in tasks that where you produce something or exercise a skill. What you don't do is consume or take part in things designed by others to give you a hit of consumer-grade dopamine (stuff's addictive!)

I'm pointing this out because this year I've been focusing on finding a similar balance in my life - and it's tricky! Kicking these nasty consumer habits is a very, very tough thing to do and it can sneak right back up on you!

Please correct me if I am wrong @Kak

YoungPadawan

Miles to go before I sleep
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 7, 2015
When was the last time you a fat, lazy, cheeto eating, redbull downing, netflix binging, video game addict start a million dollar businesses?
14338-5967b18347777cea7a184f8c520f8568.jpg

;)

Attachments

• gabe.jpg
    gabe.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 5

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I'm just writing this out more as a way of cementing this in my head, but I think it will help others.

I think what you've said here is that in your free time, you're taking part in tasks that where you produce something or exercise a skill. What you don't do is consume or take part in things designed by others to give you a hit of consumer-grade dopamine (stuff's addictive!)

I'm pointing this out because this year I've been focusing on finding a similar balance in my life - and it's tricky! Kicking these nasty consumer habits is a very, very tough thing to do and it can sneak right back up on you!

Please correct me if I am wrong @Kak

Unintentional, but yes now that you think of it... You are absolutely correct. Good catch.

I read a book recently called “Hacking of the American mind” it touched on dopamine driven society. That’s the only reason I knew what you were talking about haha.

RobD88

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Nov 20, 2017
Missouri
Learn through taking action and moving forward.

You seem to ask a lot of "what do I do....", "How do I...." questions. I'm wondering if you're suffering from analysis paralysis? Just do something. No one will ever be able to give you the answers to all your questions. Your situation is unique and only you know what motivates you.

Just take action. Make mistakes. learn. Make more mistakes. Learn some more. Keep pressing forward with some positive action each day.

animalstyle

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
208%
Jan 5, 2018
USA
Unintentional, but yes now that you think of it... You are absolutely correct. Good catch.

I read a book recently called “Hacking of the American mind” it touched on dopamine driven society. That’s the only reason I knew what you were talking about haha.

Thanks for confirming! Never read the book before, only know of the dopamine stuff through personal experience!

Jade.backer

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Feb 3, 2018
USA
Learn through taking action and moving forward.

You seem to ask a lot of "what do I do....", "How do I...." questions. I'm wondering if you're suffering from analysis paralysis? Just do something. No one will ever be able to give you the answers to all your questions. Your situation is unique and only you know what motivates you.

Just take action. Make mistakes. learn. Make more mistakes. Learn some more. Keep pressing forward with some positive action each day.
Its a good motivation

offrs review

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Feb 5, 2018
USA
Take 3 minutes and visualize your life... notice it's not "your ideal life" or "the dream you want to live" but instead: "your life" (because part of the visualization will be to actually live that vision out). What's it like to live in that beachfront condo? The smell of the salt air, the sound of the morning gulls. Live it for 3 minutes every morning. If you don't know what that life is, then start there - get to know it and get to own it.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
  • Make your bed
  • Keep your room clean
  • Take out your trash daily
  • Shower
  • Eat healthy
  • Don’t smoke or do drugs
  • Don’t day drink
  • Be nice and friendly to everyone
You think rich/successful people live in filth?

Sound like what a parent tells their kid daily

Musashi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Nov 27, 2017
The World
I would say it pretty much depends on where you stand as an entrepreneur right now.

If you are new to the game, I believe the first crucial step is to shift your mindset in the right direction. Focus on the two main pillars of entrepreneurship: Finding problems (aka opportunities) and creating value. Make this a habit.

1) Create value everyday and
2) find at least one problem per day.

It worked wonders for me. Once you really commit doing these two habits every single day, your mind will start shifting. You will wake up and the first thought that crosses your mind is "how can I create value today?" You will walk through the street and keep an eye-open for value-opportunities. You will start listening to your inner-voice to find problems and things you dislike. When a friend complains about something, you will become interested because you want to discover that problem.

You will eat, sleep and breath value and opportunities. And your mind shifts.

Last edited:

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
I would say it pretty much depends on where you stand as an entrepreneur right now.

If you are new to the game, I believe the first crucial step is to shift your mindset in the right direction. Focus on the two main pillars of entrepreneurship: Finding problems (aka opportunities) and creating value. Make this a habit.

It worked wonders for me. Once you really commit doing these two habits every single day, your mind will start shifting. You will wake up and the first thought that crosses your mind is "how can I create value today?" You will walk through the street and keep an eye-open for value-opportunities. You will start listening to your inner-voice to find problems and things you dislike. When a friend complains about something, you will become interested because you want to discover that problem.

This is a great one! Rep++

andrewthomas

New Contributor
Jan 15, 2018
United States

thanks

thecocopod

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jan 17, 2018
Valparaiso, IN
Hey guys,

Thanks.

Read. Take free online classes. Learn. Research. Start creating everyday. I have a notebook I keep with me all the time and write down ideas for books and inventions. Build off it. Delete things.

The most important thing? Do these things daily.

andrewthomas

New Contributor
Jan 15, 2018
United States

Thanks

andrewthomas

New Contributor
Jan 15, 2018
United States
Read. Take free online classes. Learn. Research. Start creating everyday. I have a notebook I keep with me all the time and write down ideas for books and inventions. Build off it. Delete things.

The most important thing? Do these things daily.
thanks

Flybye

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Feb 19, 2018
Cuba v2.1 (Miami)
Hey guys,

I've always wanted to know what Every Entrepreneur should to do on a Daily Basis to Grow and Achieve More Success......
What I have learned is spend more time implementing and less planning. Im not saying planning should not be done, but there comes a point where one needs to actually get up and do something. Planning for every possible scenario will never yield any results without an action.

devingisraving

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Feb 21, 2018
Lebanon
I am assuming you mean, you don't have a business, but aspire to have one, so what should you do day to day to develop as an entrepreneur?

It is an answer easily swept underneath the carpet, but you need to get moving, in any way. - now, that can mean something totally different to your 'big picture' business. It means helping people. One, at, a, time. Listen to others, becoming insanely curious in what you can do to serve others. There doesn't need to be clear incentive either... Thought processes such as "I will never get rich doing XYZ, so whats the point".

Once you start to get in the arena, doing them seemingly insignificant tasks, opportunities will show themselves, but if you sit there behind your computer all day, watching Gary V, no hope.

Realise where you are at. Look at your position as objectively as possible. Making £0 as a businessman p/m? Try make £100 next month. Don't think you are too good for a quick hustle.

Another concept that I have found useful is Be, Do, Have.

What does that mean?

Well you want the 'stuff' right, the accolades. You want to have.

But what comes before having?

Doing - You must 'do' the actions that it takes in order to have.

And then figure out who you must 'be' in order to 'do' in order to have.

e.g. Would a rockstar entrepreneur be sitting behind their laptop, wasting time on instagram, browsing reddit, reading a book that feels good but isn't relevant to their current situation?

No they wouldn't.

In order to have what a rockstar entrepreneur has, you have to do what a rockstar entrepreneur does.

Something that helps, when derping around. Ask yourself the question "What would I do if I were Gary V (insert rockstar entrepreneur here)?"

Sometimes you aren't going to like the answer, but more often than not this reveals exactly what you should be doing.

e.g. You spotted a deal on craigslist that means you will earn $50 - "Ahh no I'm an entrepreneur I don't have time for that... Im working on my big idea (that doesn't exist)...."

Well wait... What would Gary V do?

He would get in the car, and go make that 50 bucks.

Act as if you are a rockstar entrepreneur, but simultaneously be super self aware and objective about your actual reality.

To have the rewards and be a rockstar businessman, you need to play the part, every, single, day.
Really liked this reply and inspired me, sometimes I find myself watching Gary Vee all day rather than working towards improving myself and my goals. Although watching Gary Vee on a daily basis is PURE gold. Thank you for your contribution!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.