The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New In Town...and Excited To Be Here

AngryBird

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jan 18, 2018
cincinnati,oh
My name is Joan. I've worked in IT for more years than I even want to think about. Two years and 19 days ago, my company merged with another company. And it has been a total disaster. It was more of a takeover and I ended up working for someone else. Someone I cannot stand. I never liked IT much to begin with, but I had the bright idea that since I wasn't looking forward to being a slave to any company... That I would study something that would pay me well. I hated it in college, and I hate it 100 times more now in the real world.

Anyway, my boss is driving me to the point that I am on the verge of telling him where to shove his head and then to spike a plank over it. One problem. My husband has chronic (serious) health issues and I am trapped because health insurance is so expensive. He has no income except a very small disability check, and he gets medicare which will pay some of his expenses if I go off the deep end and flat out tell my boss to go do himself. Still...this is hindering me.

I knew almost right away after the merger that I needed to do something. I have studied copywriting and I think I can do a fair job at it for a beginner. I also have professional level editing skills. I have published a few novels but they are horror and I don't sell that many books. They are pretty graphic and most people don't go for over the top violence. But that's what I write.

I have started looking for clients for copy work. But I'm just trading one job for another, minus a puke for a boss.

So that has me thinking that I need to pursue a business that works for me instead of me still being a slave. I have several things that I'm trying to get up and running but those aren't businesses that will make me rich. Those are small income streams that might be enough to help cover my husband's medical expenses.

I have both of your books @MJ DeMarco. I'm reading The Millionaire Fastlane right now. My God, an eye opener and one of the best books I've read in a very long time. I can't wait to finish both of them. I'm looking forward to being a part of this community.

I'm determined to help myself and find a business that will take me to where I want to go in life and business.

Thanks for having me here.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

c_morris

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Oct 30, 2016
Nova Scotia, Canada
I've worked in IT for more years than I even want to think about

I also have professional level editing skills. I have published a few novels but they are horror and I don't sell that many books. They are pretty graphic and most people don't go for over the top violence. But that's what I write.

Welcome. I think you will find a ton of valuable information on this forum that will help you figure out what to do with either or both of these skills.

Start here to learn the ropes a bit before you dive in head 1st.:

IMPORTANT! - Getting the MOST out of Fastlane (Required Read)

AngryBird

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jan 18, 2018
cincinnati,oh

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
But I'm just trading one job for another, minus a puke for a boss.

At this point I wouldn't worry about trading one job for another.

I'd much rather trade my time for myself and the betterment of the people in my life, than for a faceless corporation. At some point you just need to get started and score some points. The CENTS stuff can come later.

Welcome to the forum.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AngryBird

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jan 18, 2018
cincinnati,oh
At this point I wouldn't worry about trading one job for another.

I'd much rather trade my time for myself and the betterment of the people in my life, than for a faceless corporation. At some point you just need to get started and score some points. The CENTS stuff can come later.

Welcome to the forum.
Thanks for the welcome. And yes, I would rather write copy for me than be driven off the deep end by puke-boy. Yes, I really hate my boss.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...