The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bitcoin / Cryptocurrency Discussion (And Predictions)

PetePreneur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 28, 2017
UK
They are trying to do a lot of things on the blockchain, but two specific things are most analogous to what Google does on the Internet:

1. They are creating a ranking engine that ranks popularity/liquidity of assets on the blockchain. Much like Pagerank, but for blockchain assets like ledgers, wallets, DApps, etc.

2. They are creating a Search Crawler that indexes block information on the ledgers, code from smart contracts and data about smart contracts from public URLs and DApps.

They will then use this ranking and search data to provide value to end-users and third-party applications, much like Google does on the web.

As to your question about what is on the blockchain that can't be found easily, the answer is pretty much, "Nothing yet..." But, that will soon change if/when blockchain and DApps get more popular...

Kinda like back in 1994, when Google wasn't really needed, because there weren't many websites and all the sites that did exist, everyone knew about. But it didn't take long before the ecosystem got so big and complex and people wanted to start at a central hub (eventually Google) to find things...

Okay, awesome. I've just seen a demo of it online and can see how it may be used in the not too distant future, so hopefully if more apps come about, it could be used more widely. I just bought some at $7.90.

Holy F*ck that team is good! Plus, this thing isn't even on any major exchanges yet. I'm just hoping it can take off before the next crash (which BTW is inevitable).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

powderhound100

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Apr 20, 2014
Everything is on sale. Buying more VeChain, Quantstamp, Qash, Nas, and Nuls.

Watch out for Wanchain and Zilliqa releases soon my friends.

Wanchain rumored for the 24th on Binance and Ziliqa 25th on Ether delta correct?

Also curious how diversified you all are. I come across so many projects I think have potential, but am worried about spreading to slim.

J.Sark

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Jan 21, 2017
Spain
Hi everyone!

After these last couple of days, I've been thinking about the behavior of the market and I'm wondering what is your point of view about it.

The way I'm seeing it right now, this is going to burst at some point, as I believe that almost 90% (random percentage) of the value of most of the coins is purely speculative.

I don't say this from a negative point of view; as a matter of fact I have most of my money (not much) invested in different coins (most of it on ETH). Within the first 3 weeks I saw my money double down, which is crazy in my opinion, and I believe that the blockchain will change, eventually, how we use the internet, and potentially so much more.

So the way I see the whole, the best course of action is to maximize profits now, but be ready for a crash, and then, after "the purge", invest on the survivors.
I understand everything about this is purely theoretical as is something new, and even if it would eventually crash (might not happen, of course), it would be almost impossible to predict when.

I am obviously not very knowledgeable about cryptocurrencies/blockchain, but I would appreciate different perspectives on the subject, as I want to learn from people with more experience.

It's certainly a very exciting topic, and I'm almost 99% sure that the blockchain technologies are going to revolutionize the world, but how many of the current technologies will survive/adapt?

I understand I'm a bit late to the party, and probably these topics have been already discussed in detail, but everything is growing so fast that maybe your opinions are changing.

PetePreneur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 28, 2017
UK
Hi everyone!

After these last couple of days, I've been thinking about the behavior of the market and I'm wondering what is your point of view about it.

The way I'm seeing it right now, this is going to burst at some point, as I believe that almost 90% (random percentage) of the value of most of the coins is purely speculative.

I don't say this from a negative point of view; as a matter of fact I have most of my money (not much) invested in different coins (most of it on ETH). Within the first 3 weeks I saw my money double down, which is crazy in my opinion, and I believe that the blockchain will change, eventually, how we use the internet, and potentially so much more.

So the way I see the whole, the best course of action is to maximize profits now, but be ready for a crash, and then, after "the purge", invest on the survivors.
I understand everything about this is purely theoretical as is something new, and even if it would eventually crash (might not happen, of course), it would be almost impossible to predict when.

I am obviously not very knowledgeable about cryptocurrencies/blockchain, but I would appreciate different perspectives on the subject, as I want to learn from people with more experience.

It's certainly a very exciting topic, and I'm almost 99% sure that the blockchain technologies are going to revolutionize the world, but how many of the current technologies will survive/adapt?

I understand I'm a bit late to the party, and probably these topics have been already discussed in detail, but everything is growing so fast that maybe your opinions are changing.

I think it will crash, but I don’t think we’re there yet. I think this will atleast be in the trillions before it does. The main concern I do have is the value of the top few. Companies such as Coca Cola and Disney are only worth about $150 billion, so a similar amount to Ethereum, which is obviously not worth the same as those. I think Visa is worth about $250 billion too, which is a similar amount to Bitcoin. This worries me abit because if they are in a bubble and crash, will it cause the ones that are lower down to follow suit? The Dotcom Bubble crashed at about $8 trillion I think though, so maybe money will mostly flow into the others until everything is overvalued and we see an event cause a crash?

J.Sark

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Jan 21, 2017
Spain
Even if a crash happens, I don't think everything will disappear. Using the dotcom example, a lot of good ideas and things remained, some companies disappeared and money got lost, but other companies persevered, and everything got adjusted in according to real value.

But if you take a look at how things are going right now it's a bit crazy. That Dogecoin, who started as a joke, achieved a crazy amount of capitalization. But I'm sure the companies and coins that have something real to offer will remain in business, although it might be a bit hard to determine which ones will be.

MrYoshi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Apr 15, 2017
Wanchain rumored for the 24th on Binance and Ziliqa 25th on Ether delta correct?

Also curious how diversified you all are. I come across so many projects I think have potential, but am worried about spreading to slim.

I stopped looking at reddit and guessing. I'm just waiting for my Bitcoin to get into my account and holding while it's low. I've heard a ton of rumors on WanChain, but not many people know and I do believe that the 25th is when Zilia is released on Ether Delta. I was supposed to learn how to use that exchange since it is a bit different from the others.

I think it will crash, but I don’t think we’re there yet. I think this will atleast be in the trillions before it does. The main concern I do have is the value of the top few. Companies such as Coca Cola and Disney are only worth about $150 billion, so a similar amount to Ethereum, which is obviously not worth the same as those. I think Visa is worth about $250 billion too, which is a similar amount to Bitcoin. This worries me abit because if they are in a bubble and crash, will it cause the ones that are lower down to follow suit? The Dotcom Bubble crashed at about $8 trillion I think though, so maybe money will mostly flow into the others until everything is overvalued and we see an event cause a crash?

I think a crash is inevitable, but hopefully, a consolidation only keeps about 50-100 legit projects, maybe even less. I do worry a lot about the valuation of each project after such a crash so I'm hoping to remove a majority of my investment into fiat and keep a good amount into crypto. At the moment, I only think a few could make it out in the end. Bitcoin (Internet's gold and mainstay trading coin), Ethereum, Qash, VeChain, WaltonChain, Wabi, BAT. I worked in the supply chain space for a good while so I might be a bit biased, but I can definitely see the use case for some of these. BAT already has a working product and a browser called Brave.

Even if a crash happens, I don't think everything will disappear. Using the dotcom example, a lot of good ideas and things remained, some companies disappeared and money got lost, but other companies persevered, and everything got adjusted in according to real value.

But if you take a look at how things are going right now it's a bit crazy. That Dogecoin, who started as a joke, achieved a crazy amount of capitalization. But I'm sure the companies and coins that have something real to offer will remain in business, although it might be a bit hard to determine which ones will be.

Yeah, it is a bit wild at the moment, but I think this bubble will get to the 3-5 trillion mark because it's a global market.

Also, you're definitely not late to the party. My brother just got in on this dip with 8k and is at 27k already haha.

PetePreneur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 28, 2017
UK

Yeah, the solid cryptos will survive still no matter what happens.

The only thing about this whole expected crash thing is that I do wonder what it would take for people to actually sell off at a loss in all this. We've just had a 50% crash in a week and nobody seems fazed by anything. The more these crashes happen, the more people will be confident of a recovery and buy back in straight away, so it will take more and more for people to permanently cash out.

Below is the Dotcom Bubble that took about a year to drop 60%, which is arguably not as bad as we just saw. I think with all the retail investors involved, it might actually be different. Perhaps this will change if it becomes 90% professional investors involved and it follows the usual patterns of a bubble, but I really don't know what's going to happen. I mean, if it dropped as much as 80%, I'd rather just hang on and pray it recovers, so I personally wouldn't even sell at that. There will surely be a point where people know $1 trillion for the top 3 or whatever is ridiculous and start to panic, but I'm starting to wonder if it will. The valuations are already crazy for the top coins, so people aren't thinking too rationally. Maybe the total marketcap of the big coins won't actually grow all that much and we'll just see loads of massive crashes and recoveries every month or so, which would still be a good opportunity to make money. You just wouldn't be able to HODL as easily on the big coins. We'll have to wait and see I guess!

Internet-bubble.gif

J.Sark

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Jan 21, 2017
Spain
That is very interesting information. For me, I want to have some cash around so I can invest in case another crash happens, which I am pretty sure it will. Even having almost all of my money on the line, as is not that much that it will affect considerably my life, I decided to spend a bit more while it was low, and it is paying off already.

I had bought Cardano a few days before the dip, and it's crazy to think that I would have doubled my money again if I would have waited a few days.

Going from 8K to 27K is insane, I'm not doing the best investments apparently!

MrYoshi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Apr 15, 2017
That is very interesting information. For me, I want to have some cash around so I can invest in case another crash happens, which I am pretty sure it will. Even having almost all of my money on the line, as is not that much that it will affect considerably my life, I decided to spend a bit more while it was low, and it is paying off already.

I had bought Cardano a few days before the dip, and it's crazy to think that I would have doubled my money again if I would have waited a few days.

Going from 8K to 27K is insane, I'm not doing the best investments apparently!
It's really not that crazy imo. The all-time high for this market was 850 billion so we've gone down quite a bit. Right now is the perfect time to get in on a few projects for the long run, but make sure you don't diversify too much. I only have about 4-5 coins at all times and I'm always looking to accumulate on them.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
762d356cbaee3190982f2a7e8f178bec.png

Something interesting here in Oklahoma, we're starting to have locations with Bitcoin ATMs. I think we've got at least 2 around the OKC area right now. They were on the news the other night. The state government is also starting to talk about bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. Last week they spent the entire week talking about bitcoin and explaining it on the news, discussing plans to integrate it into the local economy.
Oklahoma gets its first bitcoin ATM

David Goliath

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jan 6, 2018
USA
Any thoughts on LSK? They seem to have answered a number of issues- scalability, written in Javascript (I would assume this means easier transitions for current Java-based companies to hop onto blockchain), and have already announced a decent amount of partnerships.

Kingmaker

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Jan 26, 2013
San Diego
Bought BCH, EOS and DASH on this past dip, falling on no news (south korea was an easy to see through FUD) =buying opportunity. Already up like ~10% on those.

Wonder3581

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jul 31, 2012
Portland, OR
Have you all seen the cover the Economist from 1988? The article itself is pretty fascinating, given when it was written. I think the recent statements from the IMF president, in addition to major financial companies creating infrastructure to support cryptocurrencies, is super exciting. I am along for the ride currently invested in BTC and LTC.

P.S - I've been in the crypto game since 2013 - just came across the magazine cover and thought it was ironic, didn't purchase crypto because the magazine cover....

Attachments

• DQjm_HQWsAIIYT7.jpg
    DQjm_HQWsAIIYT7.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

MMatt

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Nov 14, 2011
I panic cancelled my buy order on BTC@ $9500 yesterday morning, thinking it had alot of downward momentum left. Oops, I was almost dead on the bottom with my order. Oh well, picked up a few more alts soon after at slight premium.

Still not confident that we are out of the hole. Sitting on the sidelines until some more stability and/or growth shows.

G

Guest3722A

Lot's of indecision right now showing in the technicals. Why not wait for confirmations? BTC, as an example, has been forming long-legged dojis.

Remember, there's two types of fear when trading. The fear of losing and the fear of losing out. Clearly defined rules for entries and exits will help control these.

powderhound100

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Apr 20, 2014
Any thoughts on LSK? They seem to have answered a number of issues- scalability, written in Javascript (I would assume this means easier transitions for current Java-based companies to hop onto blockchain), and have already announced a decent amount of partnerships.

I am bullish on Lisk, it is currently about 5.5% of my portfolio. They have a rebrand/relaunch coming up soon as well (February 20th I believe.)

JohnBuffet

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Feb 9, 2017
NJ
I panic cancelled my buy order on BTC@ $9500 yesterday morning, thinking it had alot of downward momentum left. Oops, I was almost dead on the bottom with my order. Oh well, picked up a few more alts soon after at slight premium.

Still not confident that we are out of the hole. Sitting on the sidelines until some more stability and/or growth shows.

I agree-- i'm not 100% confident we are out of the hole yet either. I deposited money into my coinbase wallet, instead of just buying into eth or btc. I figure to wait a few days and see what happens to the market.. if prices go down a bit and have another dip I will buy.. if they continue to stay as they have the past 2 days i'm not really sure. Its hard to predict what will happen from now.

MrYoshi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Apr 15, 2017
Just saying, this is getting shilled like crazy on 4chan and its supply is the same as Tron. The cause is actually awesome and they a damn good team. I'm expecting this to get p&d pretty quickly though.

Telcoin (TEL) price, charts, market cap, and other metrics | CoinMarketCap

Edit: After looking more into this I actually think this can get pumped to higher levels and stay there. KuCoin has this stupid competition for which coins have the most volume so this one is pretty volatile right now.

Last edited:

mguerra

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Mar 23, 2015
Just saying, this is getting shilled like crazy on 4chan and its supply is the same as Tron. The cause is actually awesome and they a damn good team. I'm expecting this to get p&d pretty quickly though.

Telcoin (TEL) price, charts, market cap, and other metrics | CoinMarketCap

Thanks for sharing, brother. I'm definetely buying some TEL.

Does anyone can tell if is it safe to buy from Kucoin? I've only bought crypto from Binance until now and after hearing some people getting scammed/hacked on some exchanges I've never risked myself on smaller (and less reliable) exchanges...

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Bitcoin should likely hit $8,000's. I will be staying completely away from the market until then. The lack of any momentum from Bitcoin should clearly indicate that the bottom has not been hit & the bear is not over.. =)

JohnBuffet

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Feb 9, 2017
NJ
Bitcoin should likely hit $8,000's. I will be staying completely away from the market until then. The lack of any momentum from Bitcoin should clearly indicate that the bottom has not been hit & the bear is not over.. =)

James, for those of us that just bought more BTC on Saturday when the markets were all in green, do you suggest we sell at a little loss before hitting this bigger loss (and then buying when it really dips)? Or would you suggest putting the money into alt coins such as ripple,?

OR, would you say to just hold on and ride it out?

Thanks

G

Guest3722A

For anyone who can meet the margin requirements in the btc futures contract, you can always short it if you think it's going to fall. Tic value is a hefty $25.

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
James, for those of us that just bought more BTC on Saturday when the markets were all in green, do you suggest we sell at a little loss before hitting this bigger loss (and then buying when it really dips)? Or would you suggest putting the money into alt coins such as ripple,?

OR, would you say to just hold on and ride it out?

Thanks

Why would you want to buy Ripple? That's the real question.

powderhound100

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Apr 20, 2014
Why would you want to buy Ripple? That's the real question.

Because you think it will go up and you will get a return on your investment.

Lots of people don't like Ripple, some reasons I understand, many I do not. I found the best resource for learning more is Hodor's blog. Check it out here: Hodor's XRP Blog

Last edited:

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
Because you think it will go up and you will get a return on your investment.

Lots of people don't like Ripple, some reasons I understand, many I do not. I found the best resource for learning more is Hodor's blog. Check it out here: Hodor's XRP Blog

Forgive my sarcasm. :-D

I'll have to read that, because from what I've read so far; banks aren't using XRP.

The Moneygram thing is only a "pilot" for an example, and the other bank partners I've read about seem to be using the Ripple technology and not the token.

Maybe that's changed, but I loathe the idea of a centralized cryptocurrency too.

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
XRP is not a currency. It's simply a way to tokenize a real world asset in an secure and immutable fashion and then transfer the representation of that value anywhere on the network extremely quickly without a third-party intermediary.

XRP has two uses: to pay fees on the Ripple network, and as a “bridge currency” for value transfers between any two institutions that don’t have a trusted relationship. However, its native token, XRP, is simply not necessary for the network to function.

https://multicoin.capital/2017/12/20/bear-case-xrp-bitcoin-futures-edition/

By value, you mean purely monetary/financial right? Because XRP has no use cases for real world tokenized assets AFAIK.

No third party = Except the network which is largely controlled by Ripple Labs? The company that also owns +60% of the tokens? It's centralized as hell. Also, has Ripple launched a DEX I haven't heard about?

TBH, you can go round in circles arguing for and against Ripple, you really can, because I've been doing exactly that since May. I now sit firmly on the "it's a shitcoin" side of the fence.

ernesto50

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Oct 12, 2014

There is a chance for that, at least until the 26th January until the CBOE futures close/settle. Last time the CME futures settled at the 18th January, where literally 26min. after Bitcoin rose again jumping 5-10% within hours.

I'd wait and see and maybe layer some buy orders, we will probably never really hit the exact bottom, but we can prepare for it.

MrYoshi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Apr 15, 2017
Terrible name, but I hope they eventually change it. They have an incredible team and will be competing against VeChain in the future. Definitely do your own research, but they're flying under the radar imo.

Ambrosus (AMB) price, charts, market cap, and other metrics | CoinMarketCap

Edit: They have 20 confirmed partnerships under NDA and those partnerships add up to more than $300 billion annual revenues.

They are currently in talks with Nestle regarding a partnership. Both are based in Switzerland and Nestle has their HQ there. I definitely don't want to cause any FOMO here, but this has a market cap of $125 million and is trying to expand into Asia. I sold supply chain software in the cloud for one of the largest companies in the world and know first hand that the supply chain industry is going to change forever with blockchain.

Last edited:

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
I think people underestimate the power of a blockchain cryptocurrency

My wild theory is it will be used in a country during a revolution, and help to usurp and overthrow the established government. Lol... That is one little factoid about it.

For example, lets say you live in a place like in hunger games
You are all desperately oppressed, you hear of a special code that is given out once to everybody and there is a certain way to get it, and with it you can get your survival needs met etc.

People in a desperate enough state will say "yes lets do it" and push the button to starve out and destroy a dictator financially. This could be achievable in north korea, but, they don't have the internet, so you would need to do it manually, like importing devices.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure this will happen at some point.

mThree2K

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Mar 18, 2017
Málaga
Terrible name, but I hope they eventually change it. They have an incredible team and will be competing against VeChain in the future. Definitely do your own research, but they're flying under the radar imo.

Ambrosus (AMB) price, charts, market cap, and other metrics | CoinMarketCap

Edit: They have 20 confirmed partnerships under NDA and those partnerships add up to more than $300 billion annual revenues.

They are currently in talks with Nestle regarding a partnership. Both are based in Switzerland and Nestle has their HQ there. I definitely don't want to cause any FOMO here, but this has a market cap of $125 million and is trying to expand into Asia. I sold supply chain software in the cloud for one of the largest companies in the world and know first hand that the supply chain industry is going to change forever with blockchain.
So kind of what Wabi and one of VeChain's products are doing but focused on the food industry, right?

Seems very promising, I'll dig deeper, thanks!

Enviado desde mi Mi Note 2 mediante Tapatalk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.