The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bitcoin / Cryptocurrency Discussion (And Predictions)

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida

Five Star

Dean
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Aug 5, 2014
Northern Ireland

Tom.V

Tom
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Feb 20, 2012
San Juan
Looks like BTC is on a rally, as are the majority of my other holdings. Will be keeping an eye out today through Monday to see how things progress and see if there are opportunities to jump on. I have also begun organizing my efforts via Google Sheets and API's from the exchanges to sync up data and identify opportunities in a more automated fashion. Work in progress. May also hire some offshore help to perform additional analysis and organize it for me to review, it could be a game changer in this space with all of the current noise.

Up about $20k~ this week, can't complain. :) 7 figure gains are looking more realistic by the day.

MrYoshi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Apr 15, 2017
Looks like BTC is on a rally, as are the majority of my other holdings. Will be keeping an eye out today through Monday to see how things progress and see if there are opportunities to jump on. I have also begun organizing my efforts via Google Sheets and API's from the exchanges to sync up data and identify opportunities in a more automated fashion. Work in progress. May also hire some offshore help to perform additional analysis and organize it for me to review, it could be a game changer in this space with all of the current noise.

Up about $20k~ this week, can't complain. :) 7 figure gains are looking more realistic by the day.

I'm at about 5k myself lol and smiling cheek to cheek. I bought so much of Cardano at this point that an increase to 1.00 will make me more than 60k.

Also, I put a good amount of cash down yesterday on Wabi and it's up 80 cents :) That coin is going to explode imo.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
I'm at about 5k myself lol and smiling cheek to cheek. I bought so much of Cardano at this point that an increase to 1.00 will make me more than 60k.

Also, I put a good amount of cash down yesterday on Wabi and it's up 80 cents :) That coin is going to explode imo.

Cardano is on a little ride right now!

Tempted to siphon off some of the profit from that and buy IOTA because it’s hovering around $3.50 right now....

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lonewolf28

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jul 4, 2016
New York
Cardano is on a little ride right now!

Tempted to siphon off some of the profit from that and buy IOTA because it’s hovering around $3.50 right now....
Scott, how do you buy these coins?Do you first purchase bitcoins and then somehow convert them into wabi or Iota?
If so, where do you even go to convert them?

Sorry for all the questions. Just coinbase only gives me two options to get; BTC,ETH,LTC. :frown:

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Scott, how do you buy these coins?Do you first purchase bitcoins and then somehow convert them into wabi or Iota?
If so, where do you even go to convert them?

Sorry for all the questions. Just coinbase only gives me two options to get; BTC,ETH,LTC. :frown:

You need to use another exchange like Binance or Kraken. I use Binance.

Google tutorials on how to transfer coin to Binance.

Usual scenario is
Set up account on Coinbase > buy Eth or BTC > send money to Binance wallet > convert that coin into whatever crypto you want.

#1 most important thing to do in crypto is research. If you can’t google something as simple as “how do I buy xxx crypto with US dollars”, you’re better off playing the lottery.

lonewolf28

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jul 4, 2016
New York
I just finished my verification at Coinbase after numerous attempts in the last week. I now have 2 successfully verified out of 9 attempts, freaking frustrating.

Tips:
  1. both of my verifications succeeded from the Coinbase Mobile app, none from the website. If not already, download the app and go to Settings > Identity verifications > click the + button in top right corner

2. Try different documents. I tried with ID card, passport and driving license. The first successful was my driving license (attempt 7/9). Today my passport was accepted too (attempt 9/9).

3. Try verifying at different times of the day, for example once in the early morning, once around noon and once in the evening/night. But no more than once or you will hit your daily limits quickly.
I tried it at 9 PM last night and it worked. I figured everybody is out drinking on Friday. :cool:

lonewolf28

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jul 4, 2016
New York
I just finished my verification at Coinbase after numerous attempts in the last week. I now have 2 successfully verified out of 9 attempts, freaking frustrating.

Tips:
  1. both of my verifications succeeded from the Coinbase Mobile app, none from the website. If not already, download the app and go to Settings > Identity verifications > click the + button in top right corner

2. Try different documents. I tried with ID card, passport and driving license. The first successful was my driving license (attempt 7/9). Today my passport was accepted too (attempt 9/9).

3. Try verifying at different times of the day, for example once in the early morning, once around noon and once in the evening/night. But no more than once or you will hit your daily limits quickly.
I tre
You need to use another exchange like Binance or Kraken. I use Binance.

Google tutorials on how to transfer coin to Binance.

Usual scenario is
Set up account on Coinbase > buy Eth or BTC > send money to Binance wallet > convert that coin into whatever crypto you want.

#1 most important thing to do in crypto is research. If you can’t google something as simple as “how do I buy xxx crypto with US dollars”, you’re better off playing the lottery.

Why google, when Scot explains it better than everybody on google. Thanks, Man! :cool:

scott wisniewsk

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
263%
Aug 23, 2007
wisconsin
Here is a great market cap site with all the coins listed .If you want to know where to buy the specific coin click on the coin it self and look for Market .click on market and it will show all markets that coin is trading on .All Cryptocurrencies | CoinMarketCap then you will know where to buy that coin from.

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Big strategy change for me.. Without going into too much detail,.. the main constraint factor here is "time".. which has taken me away from long holds to only 10% of overall portfolio (pretty much, enough so one does not get fomo they are missing out when Btc, Ltc, or Eth decides to go on a 100% run and you are parked else where)... the other 90% is swing trade bankroll.

Also; in a previous post; I defined trying to capitalize on the intra-day up and down swings as 'swing trading'.. my definition was wrong; that is actually defined as 'day trading' in technical terms.

MrYoshi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Apr 15, 2017
Quantstamp was launched by a couple of the guys in my crypto syndicate...it's a great project...

And we did pretty well on the ICO... :)

Vitalik went there as well until he dropped out. The engineering school is filled with aliens lol.

Tom.V

Tom
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Feb 20, 2012
San Juan
Big strategy change for me.. Without going into too much detail,.. the main constraint factor here is "time".. which has taken me away from long holds to only 10% of overall portfolio (pretty much, enough so one does not get fomo they are missing out when Btc, Ltc, or Eth decides to go on a 100% run and you are parked else where)... the other 90% is swing trade bankroll.

Also; in a previous post; I defined trying to capitalize on the intra-day up and down swings as 'swing trading'.. my definition was wrong; that is actually defined as 'day trading' in technical terms.
This is a huge conflict for me right now. Trying to find that sweet spot for risk capital allocation is such a pain when there is so much pump going on across the entire market. I've made my plays at this point, and am sitting around 60/40 trade/hold right now, but need to get that number close to 75/25 before I put any more into long holds.

Curious to see if Bitcoin takes another shot up, then subsequent smash down after breaking through $20k. Ride the wave.

B. Cole

In thine hand is power and might.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Mar 5, 2017
East Coast
This is a huge conflict for me right now. Trying to find that sweet spot for risk capital allocation is such a pain when there is so much pump going on across the entire market. I've made my plays at this point, and am sitting around 60/40 trade/hold right now, but need to get that number close to 75/25 before I put any more into long holds.

Curious to see if Bitcoin takes another shot up, then subsequent smash down after breaking through $20k. Ride the wave.

Bitcoin scared me into selling when it was dropping below 19,100 after a good run into the upper 19’s. Bought back in at 19,200 and been riding it since. Binance account finally cleared but the site has been so slow; I haven’t attempted to transfer into it for alts for fear of it locking up. This whole game is shaky AF right now.

Did make 10 percent on BTC in GDAX the past day and a half, but I’m only playing with $1200 cause that’s what my FYP (F*ck you pot) had in it. Have been learning the systems and trying to go from speculation to educated guess on moves. I stick with my original sentiment, it’s distracting and risky as hell, not very healthy for my fastlane. Hope to grow some more, diversify and park it. I refuse to put any more FYP money into it than I already have, we’ll see how it goes.

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Does anyone here diversify their crypto investment?
If so, what is your crypto asset allocation?
I am not putting a ton of money into this but am curious.

I was 33% BTC, ETH and LTC. But the run up of ETH and LTC has made it more 10%, 40%, 50%

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Not using this as a long-term investment strategy.

I think when my account reaches Ferrari level, I'll cash out and buy. lol

But there is always the fear of being the guy who bought a used Ferrari for $10,000,000,000. Just like the pizza guy.

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jan 24, 2017
Narnia
I was 33% BTC, ETH and LTC. But the run up of ETH and LTC has made it more 10%, 40%, 50%
  • I ended up keeping it simple too.
  • Trading has distracted me from my SaaS Fastlane goal...
  1. ETH 35%
  2. IOTA 25%
  3. LTC 20%
  4. BTC 10%
  5. RIP 10%

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I tried to open a Coinbase account in June and could not get verified. Tried again in July, didn't work. It was never a huge priority. Then in October I finally got verified, deposited money and bought some stuff. Treating it all as education at the time. No sense of urgency. But ended up paying over 2-3x more for everything for just being lazy.

So even if you are on the sideline, I'd say set up that account, because the waiting times could be huge and cost you alot.

As with MJ, this is all a learning experience for me. I am treating it as such. I actually sent $15 to a friend in BTC the other day. It was pretty cool to do it using QR codes. Transaction fee was $15 lol.

I also sold some ETH and transferred it back into my bank account just to see the process and time frame.

I also transferred some BTC from coinbase to bittrex to see how that worked and how long it took.

I feel it is important to understand all these processes so when the time comes you aren't struggling to figure out how to do things.

NickC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jan 20, 2017
Chicago
I suggest to those who are holding alot of alternate crypto currencies to transfer back to BTC. Good chance bitcoin runs up to at least 22,000 tomorrow with the launch of futures.

happybhoy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jan 2, 2015
Ecosse
I think when my account reaches Ferrari level, I'll cash out and buy. lol

But there is always the fear of being the guy who bought a used Ferrari for $10,000,000,000. Just like the pizza guy.

I came to this game to cure my FOMO, but now I'm here it feels awfully like the Hotel California...

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I suggest to those who are holding alot of alternate crypto currencies to transfer back to BTC. Good chance bitcoin runs up to at least 22,000 tomorrow with the launch of futures.

But the question is so what? You buy at $19k and do you sell at $22k? You are betting on a 15% increase in a day. Are you going to sell at $22k?

What is your strategy here?

I'm probably looking at this from a different perspective, but I'm not trying to get rich off of these coins. I'm going for ROI. To give you an example, when BTC had it's run up from $8k to $18k, I dumped my money into LTC at $100 instead of BTC. This may not be a great long term play, but LTC has returned 3x at $300+ now, vs. BTW at 1.5x at $19,000.

So the question is, are you trying to accumulate as many coins as possible and hold, or are you trading for ROI for some goal?

If you are long on coins, you shouldn't be moving them around trying to catch little spikes. If I sell on my LTC and move to BTC, will I have more money in 5 years than if I kept all my LTC?

Last edited:

madmoney

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Feb 25, 2016
But the question is so what? You buy at $19k and do you sell at $22k? You are betting on a 15% increase in a day. Are you going to sell at $22k?

I'm probably looking at this from a different perspective, but I'm not trying to get rich off of these coins. I'm going for ROI. To give you an example, when BTC had it's run up from $8k to $18k, I dumped my money into LTC at $100 instead of BTC. This may not be a great long term play, but LTC has returned 3x at $300+ now, vs. BTW at 1.5x at $19,000.

So the question is, are you trying to accumulate as many coins as possible and hold, or are you trading for ROI for some goal?

If you are long on coins, you shouldn't be moving them around trying to catch little spikes. If I sell on my LTC and move to BTC, will I have more money in 5 years than if I kept all my LTC?

bitcoin.png math.gif

NickC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jan 20, 2017
Chicago

Yeah I should have been more specific my apologies. IF you are holding long term then stick with what you believe in. But if you're trading alts short term then its highly advised to transfer to btc, because if bitcoins goes up a ton you will essentially lose alot because you had your money parked in alternate coins and when you go to sell those alts you will either take a loss or be stuck holding them. Me personally I am day/week trading alts and making at least 5-10% a day. Come tomorrow if bitcoin actually skyrockets it will be like cyber monday for alts. That's when I will capitalize.

madmoney

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Feb 25, 2016
That chart doesn't answer anything. Are you trying to say that you are holding forever?

its the DOW of coins

theres only 21m coins in bitcoin not sure if its possible to make anymore new coins.
the graph is just stating how many coins have been mined and how many are left to mine. depending on its scarcity thats why people are guessing to be 1coin=1m .

the fees are killing to trade everyday so im just holding. But imo it will reach higher tomorrow before another correction comes indefinitely

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.