The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Partnership with content-creator for Saas. What deal-types?

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

wherethesunis

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Dec 14, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Hi guys,

I'd like to try content-marketing for my zero-customer saas (see Introduction - Let me introduce myself and my current challenges).

The "product-owner-fit" between myself and the product is NOT perfect: I did a good job programming it, BUT I feel like I can NOT give my target-audience the high-quality-content they desire.

Now I'd love to partner up with someone who can bring some VALIDATED knowledge to the table and provide my target-audience with really high-quality content. Maybe even putting him/her out front as a spokesperson for my company.

Right now I own 100 % of my Saas. BUT I have ZERO customers and no income.

Has anyone been in a similar situation?
What can you recon?

I am wondering what deal-type I could do if I find a good fit?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
TMFL teaches us to better NOT share ownership.

I never said that. I think you're confusing me with Felix Dennis and his book, How to Get Rich.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
From reading your other post ( the one you linked to ) I am going to drop what I know in here.

1. Looks like you have no domain knowledge on the product/industry, or else you could produce some content and not have to partner with anyone. You always need to have domain knowledge to give yourself some advantage/better odds of success.

2. Looks like you built a "me too" product since you copied someone else and didn't tell us what you did to make yourself different. Why should someone buy your services over the other guy you copied?

3. You coded something you have no customer for. Why would you do this? You always start with customers first.

4. You mentioned all that matters is ACTION. Now you see why you are in the boat you are in now because you gave the "idea" no thought. Sometimes the idea is much more than the action because action can be outsourced to a degree. People with piss poor idea but lots of action can get nowhere, just like someone with a great idea and piss poor action can get nowhere. At least with a great idea you can farm out action and sell/license out an idea, not so the other way around. You really can't outsource great ideas as much.​

You prob need to start all over from the beginning again.

You could read my SaaS thread in my sig for help or come to the meetup in Feb to hear my presentation on SaaS. Actually I think the meetup in Feb is sold out...

Last edited:

wherethesunis

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Dec 14, 2017
Cologne, Germany
I never said that. I think you're confusing me with Felix Dennis and his book, How to Get Rich.
@MJ DeMarco : Huh. Damn! You are absolutely right! I removed this from my original topic to avoid further confusion. Sorry for putting you in the wrong context! And it looks like I need to give your book another full-focus readthru!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

wherethesunis

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Dec 14, 2017
Cologne, Germany
You prob need to start all over from the beginning again.

@eliquid First of all: Thanks a lot for your feedback. From the information I initially gave you, I totally understand what you are saying.

I think it is too early to give up. Here are some more details for you:
  • Unique Selling Proposition / "Me too": My target audience are ceos of GERMAN companies. Yes, I have a "me-too"-product (with some extra spin I added), BUT I am the FIRST on the german market. My software supports the german language and is hosted under european data-laws. Both are important selling points for my target audience. My "source-of-inspiration" does NOT offer this. There are potentially 300.000 german ceos which my product could help. I "just" need to reach them and show them the benefits. If I can get 100 of them use my software, I could focus purely on my new business.
  • Domain Knowledge: Of course I am NOT "totally clueless". I know, which pain-points I solve. I know WHICH audience to target. I know that there is a need & market! I know that the software can be successful. BUT I do feel that - when it comes to content marketing - a dedicated writer (and maybe spokesman) could make a good difference. Both copywriting and proven domain-knowledge are not my strength. Hence my question about, what deal-types to offer to this person.
  • Traction-Channels: Why give up, WITHOUT even trying out 1 traction channel in detail. Right now there is NOT much I have tried. I am at the BEGINNING of marketing. I have done a few sales-calls, done a little printing campaign and sent out 300 generic cold emails. Thats it. There is so much left to try: CCP (Facebook, Adwords), Partnership-Deals (with persons who have domain knowledge and an existing customer-base), Affiliate, Sales (cold calls, cold emails), Presentations in local business-meetings, Content-Marketing, etc.
I am giving myself 3 more month to try to make this work. I have some other product-ideas to try, where I could actually use existing modules of my current software, BUT I feel it is much too early to give up the current one yet.

The question right now is, where to spend my time. Which traction-channels to try. What deals to offer to potential partners. How to price my product, etc.

I am looking forward to read your response :)

Last edited:

TreyAllDay

Whatever it takes
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Feb 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
A little off topic but I just want to say how much I hated that book lol.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.