The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

From the slow lane to the fast lane

YouNomadic

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Dec 12, 2017
Thailand
For the last 5-6 years I've been following the slow lane plan: Climb the ladder, get a job with a good salary, live frugally, save half your income and invest it in real estate and index funds. I'm 32 and by my calculations I could have achieved 1 million in assets by the time I'm 38... IF house prices kept going up, and IF the stock market didn't crash... All the while working in an office I hate, with people I don't choose to be around, for 40+ hours per week for the next 6 years. To me it's a prison sentence. Sure it's a little bit shorter than most people are looking at, but it's still 6 of the best years of my life, working to make someone else rich. Reading the Millionaire Fastlane was like a breath of fresh air for me: I've always looked down on the pavement dwellers, thinking I'm so smart. I've seen the Fastlane folk but always thought that it's for the lucky, not for me.

Now I can see that it's possible, and I can't unsee that. Now I have to try it. I have taken 12 months off from my job (which I hope not to return to) and am dedicating the time to creating a business that sustains me even when I'm not working.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome my friend.

Now I have to try it.

This isn't something you try. You can't try to be a successful baseball player by taking a few swings at the plate.

There is no difference. You live it, or you just try.

YouNomadic

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Dec 12, 2017
Thailand
Welcome my friend.

This isn't something you try. You can't try to be a successful baseball player by taking a few swings at the plate.

There is no difference. You live it, or you just try.

Good point. I think Yoda had something to say about that ;-)

Arthur Redline

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
540%
Dec 14, 2017
The Netherlands
"This isn't something you try. You can't try to be a successful baseball player by taking a few swings at the plate."

Exactly what I tought reading it. And one year is most likely not gonna cut it my friend. You need more like 5 years to get something worth while. The process to succces is like 4,5 years usually and in the fifth year you might get lucky. And that is if you give it your all.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.