The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello from London

Joel Parkes

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Nov 23, 2017
London
Hi guys.

My name is Joel. Joining after listening to Unscripted since I ride a motorbike and Audiobooks are an awesome way to pack in info during my 2 hour daily ride to and from work. Being blow away by the content I decided to join this forum. So first up, forgive me, I have never joined a forum before, ever! So I imagine there things I should probably know and language I use. I'll commit to learning.

Whilst holding a senior position in a Digital marketing technology company, where I spend my days talking to fortune 100 companies how to use automated marketing called programmatic advertising (zzzzzzz) Anyway, I set up my own ecommerce business 2 years ago selling eco-friendly baby products. Books like Growth Hacking, Contagious, Zero to One, The Obstacle Is The Path, Made To Stick and of course Unscripted and provided the guidelines to which I try to stick to religiously. This has manifested itself in a multi award winning, profitable little business. I want to focus on it full time. But I am full Of FEAR leaving my comfortable job that pays me quite well, even though I know I need to make the jump... This is why I am here. I am here to share, grow, help, listen and bust out of my scripted shell. I'm ready. @MJ DeMarco

Thanks all

Joel

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Beatingtheodds

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Oct 24, 2017
England
Hi guys.

My name is Joel. Joining after listening to Unscripted since I ride a motorbike and Audiobooks are an awesome way to pack in info during my 2 hour daily ride to and from work. Being blow away by the content I decided to join this forum. So first up, forgive me, I have never joined a forum before, ever! So I imagine there things I should probably know and language I use. I'll commit to learning.

Whilst holding a senior position in a Digital marketing technology company, where I spend my days talking to fortune 100 companies how to use automated marketing called programmatic advertising (zzzzzzz) Anyway, I set up my own ecommerce business 2 years ago selling eco-friendly baby products. Books like Growth Hacking, Contagious, Zero to One, The Obstacle Is The Path, Made To Stick and of course Unscripted and provided the guidelines to which I try to stick to religiously. This has manifested itself in a multi award winning, profitable little business. I want to focus on it full time. But I am full Of FEAR leaving my comfortable job that pays me quite well, even though I know I need to make the jump... This is why I am here. I am here to share, grow, help, listen and bust out of my scripted shell. I'm ready. @MJ DeMarco

Thanks all

Joel

Hi Joel,

Glad to see you’ve taken action & it’s working! Being from the U.K. myself, I understand that high Risk is not in our culture :/. You’re in the right place for support and advice. Although I’m currently slowlane, I’d say fear lies in all of us... and truthfully it never goes(sorry for the bad news)... the good news is that if you know what you’ll be doing WHEN you make the jump you “may” feel a bit better about “the jump” rather than being filled with doubt like I have when I’ve started things in the past. More time doesn’t always mean more productivity. If It did, my days at university would have been more fruitful.

Check out Mjs posts, icecreamkid,AndyBlack and Biophase to start (I’ve missed a few other greats) .They know way more than me & are super helpful. They also seem like cool guys if you met them in person.

Good luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
Welcome mate;

I hope England thrashes Aussies BTW down under in Ashes :)

Yes, being that the western world is trying to minimise risk by maximising mediocrity and the millennials and low hanging fruits in USA and UK enjoy havin a ceiling (welfare) put on them, this must be fuel to your purpose and fire. Motivation can come from x y z. For me it is the traffic and the fact that I am in rat race and want out. Autonomy.
I am sure that you can achieve even in UK; UK has been instrumental along with USA in many advancements and should not take steps back due to political foolishness and games. Glad you found out about FLF and audio books are the way to go! No excuses right? Haha

Yes, in terms of ecommerce Walter Hay and Biophase posts, threads etc are all you need for any doubts.

Again welcome

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Joel Parkes

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Nov 23, 2017
London
Welcome mate;

I hope England thrashes Aussies BTW down under in Ashes :)

Yes, being that the western world is trying to minimise risk by maximising mediocrity and the millennials and low hanging fruits in USA and UK enjoy havin a ceiling (welfare) put on them, this must be fuel to your purpose and fire. Motivation can come from x y z. For me it is the traffic and the fact that I am in rat race and want out. Autonomy.
I am sure that you can achieve even in UK; UK has been instrumental along with USA in many advancements and should not take steps back due to political foolishness and games. Glad you found out about FLF and audio books are the way to go! No excuses right? Haha

Yes, in terms of ecommerce Walter Hay and Biophase posts, threads etc are all you need for any doubts.

Again welcome

Thanks! Really appreciate it. I'll lap up those recommendations on posts and threads. I'm looking forward to get stuck into this. (as well as learning how to use this forum. I hope I'm replying correctly!

Joel

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...