The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Web 3.0 (Ethereum) is happening, and most people have no idea what it even is.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
I was interested in how long before you are net positive afternoon buying the mining equipment. When I built my eth rig, it was something like 1 year before I broke even

3c is really cheap though
It really depends on price movements done I don't pay the power bill in ETH.

But at today's price our investors get back all capital in 24 months or less.

Our investors are hands off though. They don't do a thing. We manage the facility and pay all overhead.

Sent from my VTR-L29 using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
What are you planning to do when ETH moves to PoS?
Change coins or process transactions, whichever is more profitable at that time

Sent from my VTR-L29 using Tapatalk

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
F*ck jamie dimon.

Ha Ha.

When I heard the biggest banking shill of all of em' was vocally against it, that's when my interest went from observer to interested.

1zpcsl.jpg

AG356

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
599%
Apr 19, 2015
Ha Ha.

When I heard the biggest banking shill of all of em' was vocally against it, that's when my interest went from observer to interested.

I think this was screencapped 24-48 hours after his statement:

20170916_BTC1.jpg

JP behind closed doors:
tenor.gif

(Official statement was that clients bought BTC through them, but I think we can figure what's truly going on)

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
Ha Ha.

1zpcsl.jpg

Yes @MJ DeMarco he is a scum. I cannot believe he coolly stated this at press conference and at board meetings...

Dimon and his too-big-to-fail JPMorgan bank was not even remotely embarrassed when news broke that the bank lost $2 billion, which was then upped to $6 billion!!!!!
Dimon had the gall to call the shortfall "a tempest in a teapot", which would be laughable just on the grounds of being a cliche. But the "tempest in a teapot" gaffe was made more and more ridiculous by the dawning realization that the much-maligned Volker rule would've prevented the bank from losing that billions through reckless speculation at the time!

Complete blasphemy! Hypocritical arse! I am not jealous nor am I angered at his position or power. He clearly worked hard for what he has, but to be a staunch douche and say one thing and do the opposite is against my virtue.....

haha. (rant over)

WorkingOnIt

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Nov 15, 2016
Macedonia, Europe- NJ, USA
I have watched Bitcoin and Ethereum go up and down for years. Even mined Bitcoin early in the game when I was 14 or so years old when a regular computer could do it, but was too young or too "stupid" to save the bitcoin wallet address.

Bitcoin, the way I see it, is just a currency with the backing of "people" just "because" they back it. Kind of like how people "just feel like backing the Euro, Dollar or Yen" ...the application of it, is whatever you want it to be.

BUT, Ethereum on the FINAL end, isn't "whatever you want it to be" it is, "EXACTLY IN SOMETHING SPECIFIC, that you create it to be in..."
Ethereum has common applications that use it. (I personally love how smart contracts use it, contracts like import/export agreements between present top 20 banking institutions...agreements ranging in the millions of dollars...)

ETHEREUM USED TO BE 11 DOLLARS IN January of 2017...

It is at 350 average today...and 300, 3 months ago... I only wish I saw this side of things earlier but only recently became re-interested in cryto currencies.

I say if you have around $350.00 to buy even a single point, do it. And don't touch it. I expect it to TRIPLE IN VALUE, with the derivatives market at play... and to close to at least $400.00 in 3 weeks or so.

But yea, you go ahead and listen to traditional banking institutions... they have helped you all make plenty of money, never.

Kingmaker

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Jan 26, 2013
San Diego
Finally hopping on the Bitcoin train, late to the game and only investing $5k but I can afford to hold and think it's going to $10,000 and more.

Even if I don't make a lot of profit, I was as a skeptic for the longest time, but recently watched some Andreas Antonopoulos talks and that beautiful bastard convinced me.

After it goes through the current growing pains Bitcoin truly has the potential to replace the current corrupt financial system, and just for that it's worth participating in. Like Holy shit, I can help turn my libertarian dreams into reality :clench:.

Here's the video that finally convinced me if anyone is still skeptical:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuoE5CXlIdY

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Btw, ETH is up 450% since this thread started...

My rather small investment on Nov 3 has gone up 20% since then.

That's pretty darn cool if you ask me.

MarekvBeek

Every day I'm hustlin'
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Jul 13, 2016
Netherlands
Ha Ha.

1zpcsl.jpg

Do you remember this one :clench::

+100K.

I should mention that every financial scam is predicated on a complicated formula that the average person doesn't understand ... "We issue short term promissory notes at 14% interest for interoceanic transportation inventories for multinational conglomerates who need mezzanine float for their operations."

OK. In other words, it's a scam.

I'm not saying this is a scam, but the confusing methodology is what sets the stage for adapt players to make a lot of cash, at someone elses expense.

I can tell you right now that I won't be making any money in this -- but I won't be losing money either. And I'm fine with that.

Love seeing the switch you've made :smile2:

Siloa

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Oct 5, 2017
FRANCE
Quick review of my week on Ethereum.
I planned 2 weeks ago to invest on ETHEUR, once it goes over 310€. I created my account on kraken.com, went through all the steps to be able to deposit the money and this week-end, I asked my bank to run a SEPA of 350€ (I thought 40€ was enough margin). It took 4 days of papers to fill and back and forth to have the agreement yesterday afternoon and the validation of the transfer this morning.
Today, still no money on kraken and now ETHEUR is over 355€. So I lost energy, time, and I have 350€ on that account I won't use, and I don't own anything...
BIG FAIL.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Love seeing the switch you've made

I still feel the same way about it being purely speculative. My involvement isn't based on full knowledge (I give my knowledge on it about a 3 of 10, with 1 being absolutely ignorant) but based on keeping an open mind, past experiences, and vocal detractors in banking and finance.

Any investment I make will be entirely with "f*ck you" money from the "f*ck you" pot.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Check again :)

ETH just shattered the ATH, folks.

I actually bought some more today, not much because my limits are still metered pretty low but more is more. Sadly, if I had bought a few hours earlier I'd have already made good return, haha.

Still wish I bought in when I saw it at $30-60 per coin but that's life :p

Coalission

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jan 8, 2014
Quick review of my week on Ethereum.
I planned 2 weeks ago to invest on ETHEUR, once it goes over 310€. I created my account on kraken.com, went through all the steps to be able to deposit the money and this week-end, I asked my bank to run a SEPA of 350€ (I thought 40€ was enough margin). It took 4 days of papers to fill and back and forth to have the agreement yesterday afternoon and the validation of the transfer this morning.
Today, still no money on kraken and now ETHEUR is over 355€. So I lost energy, time, and I have 350€ on that account I won't use, and I don't own anything...
BIG FAIL.

Sounds like the exact problem with the banking system and middlemen playing games with our money that cryptocurrency was invented for.

Just like back in the day when you had to go through the phone company and their slow a$$ phone lines to reach the internet, for now you have to go through the slow as molasses banking system to get into this world.

C-Jay

Audeamus
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Aug 7, 2017
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
I actually bought some more today, not much because my limits are still metered pretty low but more is more. Sadly, if I had bought a few hours earlier I'd have already made good return, haha.

Still wish I bought in when I saw it at $30-60 per coin but that's life :p

Talk to me in 5 years when you have 50 of them and they're worth 8000 USD each ;)

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States
My rather small investment on Nov 3 has gone up 20% since then.

That's pretty darn cool if you ask me.

I got really busy last week and didn't get a chance to make my first wire to fund my account. Out of town this week and can't send a wire.

It's been painful watching the ETH chart go up.

lnBetween

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Oct 25, 2014
Montreal, Canada
I think one of the most interesting is a company called TenX (TenX | Making Cryptocurrencies Spendable Anytime Anywhere). They are essentially creating a crypto-currency debit card that uses the same network as Visa, Mastercard, etc. So, anywhere you can pay with your Visa, you will also be able to pay using your Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc. using this debit card.

Hey @JScott, what do you think of competitor's technologies like TKN and STK? TenX seems much ahead in development since TKN cards are not available yet and STK is still at the ICO stage, but what do you think of TKN and STK technologies and potential versus TenX?

Musashi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Nov 27, 2017
The World
Finally made it through all of the 29 pages. Great thread!

It's been painful watching the ETH chart go up.
Same here. I already hold some ETHs, wanted to buy some more last week and then it skyrocketed - been waiting for the dip ever since...

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Whilst ETH has proven to be a solid investment, I've been using it to buy EOS for the past 6 months or so.

Current values:

EOS = just under $3

ETH = $460's

Will check back here in a year or so to see which has performed better.

All the best guys.

Last edited:

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
What a mess of a day.

Decided to pick up some more coin today and on the heels of all the market news I've been 100% unable to use any sites properly.

Decided to give GDAX a go - no dice, site was down. All the verifications steps kept failing. Finally got it to work and got in, couldn't do anything because of errors. Finally got it to work long enough to figure out that out there's really no great way for a Canadian to bypass the weekly account limits between GDAX/Coinbase and get more coin into the account.

Got told about Coinsquare in Canada which might be a better option for me, it's been down. Couldn't get the account verified. Email wouldn't get sent to me, all the "not a robot" steps and "submit" steps hung... arggggg.

Talk about being a day too late to get all this figured out. Trying it all again now since the flurry has died down a bit.

MarekvBeek

Every day I'm hustlin'
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Jul 13, 2016
Netherlands
What a mess of a day.

Decided to pick up some more coin today and on the heels of all the market news I've been 100% unable to use any sites properly.

Decided to give GDAX a go - no dice, site was down. All the verifications steps kept failing. Finally got it to work and got in, couldn't do anything because of errors. Finally got it to work long enough to figure out that out there's really no great way for a Canadian to bypass the weekly account limits between GDAX/Coinbase and get more coin into the account.

Got told about Coinsquare in Canada which might be a better option for me, it's been down. Couldn't get the account verified. Email wouldn't get sent to me, all the "not a robot" steps and "submit" steps hung... arggggg.

Talk about being a day too late to get all this figured out. Trying it all again now since the flurry has died down a bit.

Hahaha, I experienced something that looks familliair to your situation. On some moments thoughts of me still being an amateur comes across my mind.

I can laugh about it now.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
On some moments thoughts of me still being an amateur comes across my mind.

I'm totally an amateur. No questions about it.

I need to learn a LOT more about this but I'm comfortable throwing a bit of ignorant money into this. Losing the $$ wouldn't hurt me that much but the upside seems huge. I'm okay with that.

lnBetween

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Oct 25, 2014
Montreal, Canada
What a mess of a day.

As a Canadian I created an account on Kraken and sent a wire transfer (which took around 2-3 days). I then converted the USD to ETH and sent them to Bitfinex since Kraken is very slow and the interface is not very good. I also bought a Ledger Nano S which I would recommend to keep your crypto safe.

lnBetween

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Oct 25, 2014
Montreal, Canada
I'm totally an amateur. No questions about it.

I need to learn a LOT more about this but I'm comfortable throwing a bit of ignorant money into this. Losing the $$ wouldn't hurt me that much but the upside seems huge. I'm okay with that.

I think there's much upside. CME will enable Bitcoin future in mid December, and the NASDAQ in Q1 2018. Also, tomorrow, The Big Bang Theory will dedicate a whole episode about bitcoin, which was at around $5000 when they made the episode not long ago.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States
Decided to give GDAX a go - no dice, site was down.

Same here.

I was ready to head to the bank and wire some money into Gdax. Site wouldn’t stop erroring long enough to get the wire instructions.

I’ll try again tomorrow.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Interesting that at the WH Press Conference today a reporter asked about Cryptocurrency and if Trump was aware of it.

The Press Sec said he was and he was monitoring it along with Homeland Security.

Homeland Security?

Interesting.

Losing the $$ wouldn't hurt me that much but the upside seems huge. I'm okay with that.

Absolutely, it's an "intelligent risk" -- limited downside, unlimited upside. Just no one here should be throwing their entire net worth into it!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.