The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

MetalGear's Excellent Adventure

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jan 24, 2017
Narnia
Hi Everyone,

I am going to write in this progress thread to give back to the community and to keep myself accountable.

I have found my niche products and will sell on Amazon by April.
I plan to market my product using Instagram and my landing page.

My goal with this venture is to learn about Amazon FBA, digital marketing, and to get some cash flow for other business ideas.

Right now I have an idea with only 3 SKUs, but it may grow into 10-15.
I have my product's name, logo, and am in talks with suppliers at AliBaba.

What are the bare essentials for testing the market?
With regards to my website, should I get Wordpess Premium or Business?

Thanks,
MG

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jan 24, 2017
Narnia
Why do I feel like I have to start a Facebook to hit my fast lane? I am hesitating with my plans...

Everything feels saturated with competition and I feel like I am a second or third mover all the time.

Would love to just rip this slow-lane programming right out...

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
I am no expert but the mentality i have picked up on this forum is less talk about ideas and more talk about the actions you have taken. Quit dragging your feet and get going. Make some mistakes, its ok. You will learn from them. You can't miss the shots your don't take, and you can't make them either. Something like that.

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
Read the book, especially chapters 38 and 39.

Tiago Ladeia

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
389%
Feb 5, 2017
Brazil, São Paulo
I bet if you were back in these days, you wouldn't eíther believe that Facebook was the fast-lane. The beginning is the always worst phase of your business, because:
  • You are working for US$0/hour
  • You are not sure if the business will be a success or not
  • You don't even know what you are doing
That being said, please go on with your reports here. I'll follow your advancements since you can always learn with somebody else.

Wish you all the luck,

Tiago

Last edited:

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jan 24, 2017
Narnia
I have been away for a couple of months designing and talking to suppliers for my private label product.

My final design was just sent to the supplier and they are sending me an expedited sample.

I am both excited and nervous since the product will cost me a good $4000 for the minimum order quantity.

This private label idea also led to other ideas that I wrote down and am discussing with a friend.

There may have also been a young lady that distracted me for a couple of weeks in between...

What a whirlwind. Focus MG... FOCUS!

-MG

Last edited:

KSR

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 28, 2017
Australia
There may have also been a young lady that distracted me for a couple of weeks in between...

Ahhh women, the bane of every businessman.

In Musk's biography there's a chapter to how Talulah Riley brings out his soft side -- even though he's one ruthless mofo every other day of the week.

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jan 24, 2017
Narnia
It has been months since I updated this thread...I have a new idea after finding out the FBA business idea was not solid because of inventory and shipping costs.

I also found out that my new idea has 4 competitors in the space, some are funded and have teams.

I am on the bus wondering if I should still try to compete...doubt has kicked in and I absolutely hate it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Waspy

Float like a butterfly
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Dec 6, 2016
U.K.
There is a bit in TMF if I remember correctly which mentions the fact that simply existing in a market puts off most of your potential competition (just like you)

Don't be put off by competition. They validate the market. All you have to do is add more value than them.... simple, right?

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
Agreed with "don't be put off by competition."

This has probably been said many times:
  • Google didn't let yahoo stop them.
  • Facebook didn't let the competition stop them.
  • Tesla didn't let the doubters stop them.
  • MJ didn't let his competition stop him from building limos.com.
  • Burger King didn't let the power of McDonald's stop them.
  • iPhone didn't let the smartphone market that was there stop them.
One thing you notice is that these companies added value to the market.

Don't fill yourself with doubts because how can you get things done? It's better to be relaxed and focused. For every action, there's a reaction. Keep being doubtful, you will have a medicorce business with poor execution... unless you get rid of doubt. Just add value.

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jan 24, 2017
Narnia
I am having a really crappy day.

My potential business partner and good friend isn't responding to me and I suspect that he might not be all-in for my idea.

I will have to ask him if he wants in or not because I am prepared to sacrifice for this idea...

Also, someone stole a business book from my mail. DAMNIT

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jan 24, 2017
Narnia
I have made significant progress in my Fast Lane journey. I am targeting a launch of January 2018. I have learned so much.

The hardest part was deciding on a direction and putting on my blinders to everyone else's idea.

The need to digest more information and theory is also very tempting for a complete newbie.

Being process oriented and taming your need to chase what someone next to you is chasing is something I wish I learned earlier.

I need to learn to take breaks. This past week, I came home from work and I just couldn't function because of burn out.

That night, I ordered food and watched NetFlix. Today is Saturday and my brain feels like I was able to reset successfully that night.

I am back on the grind until 5PM today.

MG

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jan 24, 2017
Narnia
Couple of lessons learned:
  • Weekdays tend to be better for administrative tasks and lower level creativity type of work because most people have a regular job.
  • Weekends are really when I can deep dive into my projects and exert a ton of creativity, some call it ooomph!
  • Setup a digital filing system for files and passwords early on.
  • Setup a paper filing system early on - mostly for receipts, invoices, and taxes.
MG

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jan 24, 2017
Narnia
I have not updated in a while...
  • My dopamine levels are low and I have decided to take today and tomorrow off
  • Pursued a relationship that did not last and that really burned me
  • I'm letting go and just holding off on dating in general until I hit my fast lane goals
    • I just have to remind myself that I can't afford to raise kids right now anyway
  • I am in the middle of contract review to build an investment property on land that I own
  • I am learning PHP and Javascript and building something with a friend
  • I also have pizza on the way, some Sam Adams, and am trying to pick a movie to watch
    • PM me if you have any suggestions
Happy Thanksgiving everyone

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jan 24, 2017
Narnia
Did a couple of things to increase my effectiveness
  • Scrambled my Facebook password so I only use it for Messenger on my phone
    • It is amazing how much I look for Facebook and social media - I was addicted and I didn't know it
  • A mentor noted that he sees the people pleaser in me and that I am hanging onto stale relationships
    • These friendships also happen to be with people who are unavailable or see me as a schmuck
    • They have moved on and I am starting to finally...
  • I have been waking up at 5AM to workout and learn JavaScript, PHP, and MYSQL
    • These are the two most important parts of my day
    • This is me putting my Fastlane first
  • Stepping out of my usual routines to develop my craft and find myself can be lonely at times
    • Self actualization over comfort and routine
    • I am praying that the universe opens up ways for me to meet like minded and supportive people eventually
DFDF62MXgAEzsAI.jpg

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!