The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I wasted last 2 years action faking, AMA!

Jeko

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
400%
Sep 4, 2015
Arizona
Hey everyone. I "Joined" the forum after reading The Millionaire Fastlane 2 years ago.

Past me thought to himself "I'll post my intro here after I made some headway on a business. In order to make a business, I need to learn some applicable skills. I'll spend the month learning to code websites!"

I then watched a dozen Udemy courses, read a handful of textbooks, and took detours into rewarding my "progress" by reading manga and watching anime. 2 years have passed.

No intro was ever written.

No businesses were made.

No value created.

So what changed? I visited the forum again on whim (figured it would be a bit more productive than Reddit), and saw MJ wrote a new book. Picked up a copy.

It kicked my a$$! The action faking section really hit home. I thought Millionaire Fastlane was good. Unscripted is a masterpiece. I swore to myself it will be the last Entrepreneur book I will read. I've done more than enough consuming. Time to do some producing!

I was inspired by @SinisterLex to get started on Upwork. Time to dust off my untouched Upwork account and hustle. To protect against further action faking, I'll say it here "Progress thread post coming tomorrow night (11/21/2017)"

Cheers!
Jeko

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I then watched a dozen Udemy courses, read a handful of textbooks, and took detours into rewarding my "progress" by reading manga and watching anime. 2 years have passed.

Those hours might not be wasted, but yes, I generally like to have a reason why you need to learn code.

It kicked my a$$!

Unscripted is a masterpiece.

Yes! Glad to hear a kicked a local Arizonian in the a$$! Don't let me see you around town or Ill do it again! ;)

PS: Post here to signify you read the books.

Book - I've Read UNSCRIPTED!

GOLD - I've Read The Millionaire Fastlane!

Jeko

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
400%
Sep 4, 2015
Arizona

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
Well you are on the right track and I applaud that. Keep it up. It will be cumbersome. It will kick your a$$. It is supposed to be that way. It just is... The blueprints have been given to you. It is up to you to scourge and figure out what it all means through trials and tribulations. Can’t do that by faking and am glad you realised that... best of luck.

G

Guest06196

Hi @Jeko

Just a short post to let you know you're not alone, although I "only" action-faked half a year. Went through exactly what you did. Then like you, struck by UNSCRIPTED . I still have a similar tendency but now when I'm in doubt, I'd asked myself what's the one thing that matters THE MOST in this path/endeavour and then do it. (actually learned that trick from a good book but I'm not going to tell you which book. no more action-faking!)

Let's move on to a better toady & tomorrow!

Raedrum

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Jul 30, 2019
Hi @Jeko

You are right to worry and that is a good thing, it will make you take actions.

But don't overthink it, you'd be surprised how common long-time action faking is. Procrastination is a way to protect dreams in a way.

I've personally read TMF more than 3 years ago and only now am I beginning to get some results.

But my story is not yours or anyone's else on this forum. I've dealt with troubled past, depression, addiction, low self esteem, doubts and huge amount of fears, but like @MJ DeMarco say this time might not be wasted because never have I evolved and learned in my life as much as in the last 3 years. I'm a totally different person now and I have developed great resilience.

The trick is to learn from mistakes and then adjust. Some people struggle for many years and then hit gold in a matter of weeks.

Don't beat yourself up and do not compare yourself too much to others because this is also a waste of time ;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

melisizwe

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Jan 13, 2023
@Raedrum there is no need to worry there won't always be summers that produce sunlight and growth. There will be the winters but the main goal is to be steady in your winters so that when the spring comes you can blossom.
~Paraphrased from Elliot Hulse (the 2011 version not the current)

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Aug 8, 2021
@Raedrum there is no need to worry there won't always be summers that produce sunlight and growth. There will be the winters but the main goal is to be steady in your winters so that when the spring comes you can blossom.
~Paraphrased from Elliot Hulse (the 2011 version not the current)
whats the difference between the 2011 version and the current

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...