The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Easy business idea

Idea threads

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

Zarathustra

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Aug 29, 2017
United States
Love Alex Becker.

For those who don't care to watch the video, basically he says to do cookie cutter ideas that everyone else is doing for your first business instead of thinking up some crazy unique idea, advice I really wish I had known and taken before I'd gotten started.

Do the cookie cutter/popular business ideas for a livable income >> move into something unique and a bit more profitable after you have more experience >> make that or another idea succeed and you're a millionaire

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
"I don't think I said F*ck once in this video, F*ck you" hahaha,

I love this guy's style. A little over the top but interesting.

Yeah, people need to talk more about experience in business circles.
Experience matters.
Get that experience cheaply, easily and get anything working.
Then build/grow/expand.

It's like if someone asked how to break the world record in swimming but they don't even know how to tread water yet. It makes no sense. Jump in, don't drown, then work on just getting half as good as everyone else swimming around and THEN we can talk about next steps.

How do you squat 400 lbs?
Have you tried lifting 5lbs?
Why are you talking about 400?

Run 10k?
Have you even jogged down the street yet?

Lose 100 lbs?
Try losing 5lbs first.

Business is no different from any other skill/discipline based endeavor.
You don't get good through ideas. You get good through experience, trial and error, and putting in the time.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
imagine a funny version of MJ

MJ's hilarious, what are you talking about? Find his videos, they're on Youtube.

I agree mostly. Why?

Because your first deal is NEVER your last. Almost never. The people who hit a super home run on their first try are so much the exception that it's not even funny. Among successful business owners, almost all of them have not only had multiple failures...

...they've had multiple successes. Singles. Doubles.

Wanna get your start right now? Like, right now? Go sell something for someone. Be even F*cking simpler. Choose a PROVEN MODEL AND PRODUCT. Not Fastlane at all: you're the hitchhiker in every possible way, it's not scalable, 0.1 control (you control the output by controlling the input and that's it), probably not separate from your time, and pretty much anyone who isn't a puss can do it. But it solves the need, and it solves one element of scale: market access.

Those are the only two things you need to make money: a needed offer, and access to the people who need it. Oh and you gotta put in that work.

Lucky for you, there's lots of stuff that's needed. Just pick one. And access? If you're a noob, you don't need to go beyond (1) the telephone, (2) Adwords, or (3) Amazon.

If it's hard, it's because you're making it hard.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
mj can be funny but a different type, i honestly would LOVE to see him ride public transport though and make a vlog type rant. @MJ DeMarco

G

Guest24480

I came to this exact realization the other day, that I was going to get nowhere until I just started selling in a proven market to gain experience and get my confidence up.

I would take Becker's advice with a grain of salt however - it doesn't imply that you need to research the exact blueprint that someone was semi-successful with and follow it step by step. All that will do is lead to analysis paralysis. I know because I've been there, and I was in that position for 3 long years, jumping from fad to fad and wasting my time.

I know it's said here over and over, but seriously just take action..

Personally, I'm selling lead generation services because it's damn easy to sell compared to something like websites for example and there's always a demand for it. It's not like SEO where I attempt to convince a client that I can provide this fairytale of wonderful rankings and prince charming leads 3 months down the line. With lead gen, I can get them cold, hard results right away.

Tons of other people are doing it too which made me feel like a bandwagoner at first, but who cares? A sale is a sale.

VoraciousReader

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
May 31, 2017
UK
Thanks for sharing man

I love this guy. Him and MJ really bring the truth like no others. I read his book recently and will re-read it next week on holiday. It's concise with a lot of valuable content, and I feel like it's very compatible with TMF principles

The advice in that vid really hits home tbh. I've realised that I just need to get something started and learn the ropes, stop procrastinating and waiting for some great idea. I've built a couple of sites already and made a firm commitment to really learn digital marketing and sales inside out. Even if I make little money I'm confident I'll have a great skill set in a couple of years and something will eventually hit home

TheRegalMachine

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Jul 27, 2017
Moon Base
"Do what others are doing to start out/learn" v. "avoid me too business models"
Both have their advantages and disadvantages.
I'll admit I lean to towards the be a good theft and copy someone else to gain my bearings. It would be nice to jump right into a "unique" business but I mean it's not a good idea to run when I haven't even crawled.
There might be a happy medium and combining these two pieces of advice.
Either way I like cut of this guy's gib. Will definitely watch more of his videos and decide if I want to subscribe to him or not.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
One or two skewed value attributes and voila, you have a business. (Assuming you communicate those skews to your target.)

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
One or two skewed value attributes and voila, you have a business. (Assuming you communicate those skews to your target.)

A lot said here in very few words.

Not sure if this would've fallen on deaf ears when I was starting out, but this sentence is literally the game.

INTERNALISE THIS SHIT if you are "just waiting until I find that idea"

Improve/customise a product/service better/different and communicate this fact...

c_morris

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Oct 30, 2016
Nova Scotia, Canada
imagine a funny version of MJ

MJ's hilarious, what are you talking about?
If you haven't listened to TMF on audio, you need to. MJ's narration is hilarious. The Big Daddyhoo bit always makes me laugh as does his impression of his mom. "Get a job baby!" It's too bad narrating Unscripted posed too much of a challenge. I was looking forward to more impressions.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
lol what theres an audio book? hmm i would of just listened to that instead of reading it, will check that out

marfling

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 29, 2016
Brighton, UK.
If you haven't listened to TMF on audio, you need to. MJ's narration is hilarious. The Big Daddyhoo bit always makes me laugh as does his impression of his mom. "Get a job baby!" It's too bad narrating Unscripted posed too much of a challenge. I was looking forward to more impressions.

I've got Unscripted on audio and the guy that narrates (Scott Thomas I think) is really good. There are parts that make me laugh but that might be because it's the first book I've ever listened to. Will definitely have to check out TMF though if MJ narrates it!

B. Cole

In thine hand is power and might.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Mar 5, 2017
East Coast
"I am too aroused to even communicate with you right now"

:rofl:

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

f0reclone

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Sep 18, 2014
The business of Alex Becker is Fastlane. However most of his followers just want to be successful by following his step by step tutorials. This is working obviously. I like his mindset sometimes but other times he is just trying to sell his new thing.

Young Money

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Apr 27, 2018
Canada
Has anyone here bought Alex Becker's Market Hero subscription? I watched a 4 video series by Becker on email marketing and he provided a lot of solid information in it. Just curious if people have tried his software and what they think of it?

AdamMaxum

a worthy successor indeed
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Apr 30, 2011
NY
His book "the 10 pillars of wealth" is actually pretty good too.

Martin Galli

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Mar 27, 2019
Argentina
You don't get good through ideas. You get good through experience, trial and error, and putting in the time.

I totally agree that you learn through experience, yet I think that you can diminish the amount of trial and error learning from people that have been on your same path, it doesn´t have to be always through a trial and error to get ahead.

Why make mistakes that other people have already made...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.