The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Merging of Masculine & Feminine Energies (In Business & Life)

Anything related to matters of the mind

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
The other week, I met this amazinggg, amazzinggg woman.

She's my age (31 years old), was the CEO of a fashion company with 12 employees at the age of 22, has some amazingly transformative experiences from traveling the world in her late 20's, and is intelligent, smart, and self-aware. She knows how to communicate with people. And has this special gift that I can't even describe in words.

But wait, this isn't a forum on relationships, how does the merging of Masculine & Feminine energy have anything to do with business?

How does this apply to business?

It comes with her definition of the words...
  • Masculine Energy - In this context represents the planning, the logic, the goals, the structure.
  • Feminine Energy - In this context represents the flow, the 'dance', the acceptance of everything that comes your way. Don't go into something with a set narrative and intent; and allow what comes to you flow naturally.
I was just talking to a business owner that I got lunch with today.

When I told him about the feminine energy, he responded by saying that you don't want to float all around the place and run around aimlessly without direction. You have logic, you have a plan, you think of the future. Those are coming from his head (mind/thoughts).

And he is correct...

Too far in the Feminine Energy direction, and you'll be running around blind.

But the reason why I write about this here is because most of us ego-driven entrepreneurs are too far in the Masculine Energy end of the spectrum.

For example, on this forum I talk a lot about my business Limitless Academy where I cater to the market of newcomers on this forum. Finding the direction, focus, confidence, motivation, etc. through the internal change work stuff.

That's been my focus for years.

When I was speaking to this woman, she planted a vision of the future in my mind.
  • I do behavioral reprogramming, mental/emotional change work.
  • She does this crazy spiritual energy magic where, literally every time I talk to her, I feel electricity running through my body for the next 12-24 hours.
  • Her roommates does health coaching and got me on a vegan, gluten-free, soy-free diet; without alcohol and eliminating my caffeine.
The vision we talked about was to switch up my focus to the same target market her and her health coach friend are targeting; CEOs, executives, and business owners doing $2 Million or more per year - living in Boulder, Colorado.

We looked on Zillow and found this amazingly large cabin mansion house about a quarter mile up in the mountains. The vision we have is that the business owners and executives we network with over the next 6 months will come up to the house 4-8 times per month; we would each use our respective skill-sets to...for lack of a better term - performance enhancement coaching for their business.

Since meeting these two women, my energy levels, focus, and everything has been more on point and on focus than any time in my life. Health, happiness, relationships, fitness, progress - amazing. So I believe in their services.

The problem...

I'm deeply rooted in my passion for targeting a different market.

Online marketing of my services, typing words, etc.

The plan here would be spending 6 months networking with our market at business networking events, coffee shops, conferences in the area, and everywhere - to build up the network of the new market.

Something my ego/mind was resisting. I want the online passive income business.
  • Then, a client of mine (who doesn't know this girl), said the same thing...I should really help more people like him (business owners already doing well).
  • Then, I meet up with another member of the forum (a roommate of mine from back in the fall off 2014), and without talking to the other two - told me that I should really hone in my marketing on CEOs and that level.
In all instances, my Masculine Energy (the plan for books, online marketing, not going to network events) resisted.

But according to the Feminine Energy of allowing and going with the 'natural flow of the universe' as she calls it, I kept an open mind and began embracing these new things that come my way. The analogy she used was spiritual and religious in nature (something outside of my current belief system).

Inside of Andrew's body are trillions of cells - all the cells are individual, but all function together for the good of the whole (Andrew). Inside of our universe are trillions of living beings - all the living beings function together for the good of the whole (Spiritual, universe, religion, whatever). And how when we embrace and accept what is flowing outside of our in our lives (feminine) and flow with it...as opposed to resisting it (Ego/masculine); things work out in our favor.

Main benefits of incorporating more Feminine (allowing) into our lives.

1. While still keeping the planning, goals, logic; it allows us to recognize where we might be barking up the wrong tree, step back; and be open to more feedback from mentors, the market, etc.

2. It releases a lot of stress and pressure when things aren't going towards our original plan. When the outside world is mis-alined with our narrative and plans inside of our mind; it causes stress. So by stepping back and allowing those things that once bothered us, to be in our lives and point us in a new direction...a lot of the negative emotions and attachments we once felt in the past were gone.

On the flip side of that...

If you're on the other end of the spectrum, and you float around with no direction, acting on everything that comes your way...it might be a sign to incorporate more of the Masculine (planning) in your life.

For example, I have a lot of opportunities come up to me.

One is working with a member of this forum where he edits a book I'm writing (on a topic he is interested in learning about); mutually beneficial. He gets content, I get real feedback. Him and I randomly touched based one day and allowed this into our lives.

Then, a dude on Facebook messaged me talking about some metal jewelry ring with a snake on it is something he created, and how I should get involved with that. My gut (intuition) is screaming no - it's not aligned with my Masculine direction of the work that I choose to do. So I say no to that.

By having that plan and direction (the book on one topic), it allows me to keep on track without getting too wishy-washy with being all over the place.
  • Masculine Energy - In this context represents the planning, the logic, the goals, the structure.
  • Feminine Energy - In this context represents the flow, the 'dance', the acceptance of everything that comes your way. Don't go into something with a set narrative and intent; and allow what comes to you flow naturally.
Going forward:
  • Set the goal, the end-term plan.
  • Then embrace the things that come your way, as they may align with your plan.
So far, by incorporating this into my life, it is bringing in a lot more CEO and executive-level people into my network, mentors, improving my energy levels, and relationships.

How can you apply this balance to your life?

Are you too far in one direction, and might need a little pull in the other?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
Got you, yeah I've thought about this myself.
Women are very ambitious and tend to dislike insular behavior.
It is good to think that way in so far as you are keeping in mind a constant truth.

For example,
- poor budgeting bad (you might like it thrown around but that goes nowhere fast)
- throwing ourselves into stress shouldn't be done without a reason (girls tend to stress find and throw things in that direction without checking the reasoning)
- big picture visions can't be disdainful of simplicity, or vain (should we make the best of a good space, sure, do we need a magical retreat for our customers when that won't influence anything but how awesome we look... perhaps not)

I've found that sticking to my guns on just simple truths allows me to be flexible, but not blinded by enthusiasm.
I just do things in ways that ensure budgets, good locations, and realistic purpose.
I get poked at for being a curmudgen, but I do not know of any reality where these things can be allowed to be out of wack.
I didn't make it that way. I'd prefer the feminine way, and I'm open to it, but until proven otherwise or at least given good odds, there needs to be core truths.

I really dislike going against feminine flow. But yeah...

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Why would a CEO of a multi-million dollar business want life coaching from someone that's never been a CEO of a multi million dollar business?

If I were you I'd focus less on your feminine energy and more on making some money by providing value outside of the ethereal realm. You gotta eat, and not just wheat germ.

timmy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jul 29, 2013
Ireland
Great subject Andrew .......

Man as we know it ....has been around for about 200,000 years. In ancient civilizations the female controlled the seed to humanity and so secured the balance of power. Perhaps the female first developed the concept of critical thinking, multitasking, caring and nurturing. She had to as the boys were probably just being boys !

Consequently, whenever a woman is viewed in society as a non sexual being she will have more to offer than us men. It is probable that these ancient traits have veins that run deep into the modern woman.

My wife reminds me of this every day (thankfully)

Azure

Perpetual Motion
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Mar 12, 2016

Man as we know it ....has been around for about 200,000 years. In ancient civilizations the female controlled the seed to humanity and so secured the balance of power. Perhaps the female first developed the concept of critical thinking, multitasking, caring and nurturing. She had to as the boys were probably just being boys !

Consequently, whenever a woman is viewed in society as a non sexual being she will have more to offer than us men. It is probable that these ancient traits have veins that run deep into the modern woman.

Most ancient "civilizations" - that is, established cultures - were actually patriarchal. Only among the more primitive hunter gatherer societies that you find the sort of "mother goddess" reverence you describe. This is still found to be true among the few hunter gatherer societies still in existence. By and large though, among societies that advanced through agricultural revolution and subsequently proceeded to advance and build cities etc, they adapted a patriarchal model.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Help me clarify... You view your wife as a non-sexual being and you are thankful for that?

rollerskates

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Jan 10, 2017
Texas
By having that plan and direction (the book on one topic), it allows me to keep on track without getting too wishy-washy with being all over the place.

I know you haven't been a single female (at least I don't think you have been), but if you were, you would find that it's possible to develop what you consider the masculine virtues and suppress what you consider the feminine vices. It's called "grown-upping".

Chef

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 9, 2016
The other week, I met this amazinggg, amazzinggg woman.

Too far in the Feminine Energy direction, and you'll be running around blind.
With all due respect, it sure sounds nice but I do believe you've been grabbed by the balls. That rush of electricity you're talking about is the washy wash that you're bathing in. It explains why you're justifying all of this, it feels good.

These balances are over-extreme to me, you can't really be too much and too less of something as we don't have a built-in compass to tell us. You're either this or that, if the MOMENT requires a little bit of diversification so be it.

Last edited:

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
Women are awesome, I gotta say. Their ambition is contagious. You are smart to take advantage of the rush it brings.
But just always remember
Business takes no prisoners, its the mafia ready to break your knee caps
Don't ever be too fluffy with it

Girls can, cuz they can attract popularity and attention when they get it right
As a guy though, you have to remain steadfast
I love womens influence though, and I'm happy for you man

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders