The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Chimera called 'Money'.

Anything related to matters of the mind

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
yeah and i need support

Please stop posting worthless rants and comments. You've been banned from the thread. Continue to add worthless dialogue to other threads, and you will be removed, for the 3rd time, and PERMANENT.

This is so, so super important, especially for young people. There's all this fire and fury about the inequality and hardships involved with life among people in their 20's. Yeah. Anybody who doesn't see inherent flaws and inequities in capitalism and business and politics and society is blind. But the minute you were born it was too late to opt out of the game. The only way to spectate, as MJ says, is to go "unscripted " and have an explosive growth of income so that you can spend as little of your life in the trenches as possible. It's never been easier. One person can do it on Amazon or Facebook or a million other ways. You don't need to own a factory or a mine or an oil field to retire 25 years early anymore. You don't need 300 franchise locations. You don't need 5,000 employees. You don't need 12 years of higher education.

Acknowledge the game. Win the game. Play again or sit the next round out. But you can't stop playing until you win or you die.

Featured+

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GabrielDC

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Nov 26, 2016
This is so, so super important, especially for young people. There's all this fire and fury about the inequality and hardships involved with life among people in their 20's. Yeah. Anybody who doesn't see inherent flaws and inequities in capitalism and business and politics and society is blind. But the minute you were born it was too late to opt out of the game. The only way to spectate, as MJ says, is to go "unscripted " and have an explosive growth of income so that you can spend as little of your life in the trenches as possible. It's never been easier. One person can do it on Amazon or Facebook or a million other ways. You don't need to own a factory or a mine or an oil field to retire 25 years early anymore. You don't need 300 franchise locations. You don't need 5,000 employees. You don't need 12 years of higher education.

Acknowledge the game. Win the game. Play again or sit the next round out. But you can't stop playing until you win or you die.

I think that's the most difficult part.
I left my home when I was 16, because my family wanted me to be a only school zombie without hobbies or passions.
(I had a couple of other reasons too lol)
I came back at 18, and became a school zombie.
So I'm still trying to detox my mind at 24, again, escaped and with failure in my heart.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
This is so, so super important, especially for young people. There's all this fire and fury about the inequality and hardships involved with life among people in their 20's. Yeah. Anybody who doesn't see inherent flaws and inequities in capitalism and business and politics and society is blind. But the minute you were born it was too late to opt out of the game. The only way to spectate, as MJ says, is to go "unscripted " and have an explosive growth of income so that you can spend as little of your life in the trenches as possible.
I'm going to say that there is inequality for a reason.
Some types of inequality are bad, of course. Such as mistreatment of different ethnic groups and change of focus towards shareholders instead of customers.

But the inequality of wealth or market incentives provided to people in their 20s vs the rich is there for a fair reason.
The other day I was on Quora, and found yet another 'What if everyone were given a million dollars to all become millionaires?' question.

F*cking money-chasers.

Before I could log out, my eye fell upon an answer that went something along the lines of:
'If everyone became rich, then no one would be."

Which is to say that money is a measure of value, how much you have served the market. If everyone had their way, what is to differentiate those who are really capable of providing value, from those who aren't?
There is a difference between good and bad, poor and excellent, valuable and rotten. That is what inequality is for...to point out the difference.

On the other hand, while some corporations use overcapitalism to their selfish advantages, MJ did a good job in explaning the loss in customer support as well as symptoms such as the ads spending loop, in which one has to keep buying ads to survive.

Across from my hostel is the central train hub, with God knows hundred of hotels here and there. I have forgotten the thousands of times I have been accosted by people giving out pamphlets to come to those hotels. Do you honestly think that people will stay in your hotels just because of a pamphlet?

I stayed in one of those hotels once. Big mistake. Had a severe body rash from sleeping in one of their beds. Found cigarette traces and smell.
The same hotel got replaced by another different hotel in half a year.

On spectating, I don't think any of us will be spectating anytime soon even when we reach our desired UNSCRIPTION goals. The world is always moving, thus there's always new stuff to try out or explore.

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
It's never been easier. One person can do it on Amazon or Facebook or a million other ways.
Just to understand the 'a million other ways', do this mean building something exclusively from internet / e-commerce ?
Or building something around a need which require only one BIG location.. ?

Thanks for your message, it has motivated me to buy Unscripted .

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
I'm going to say that there is inequality for a reason.
Some types of inequality are bad, of course. Such as mistreatment of different ethnic groups and change of focus towards shareholders instead of customers.

But the inequality of wealth or market incentives provided to people in their 20s vs the rich is there for a fair reason.
The other day I was on Quora, and found yet another 'What if everyone were given a million dollars to all become millionaires?' question.

F*cking money-chasers.

Before I could log out, my eye fell upon an answer that went something along the lines of:
'If everyone became rich, then no one would be."

Which is to say that money is a measure of value, how much you have served the market. If everyone had their way, what is to differentiate those who are really capable of providing value, from those who aren't?
There is a difference between good and bad, poor and excellent, valuable and rotten. That is what inequality is for...to point out the difference.

On the other hand, while some corporations use overcapitalism to their selfish advantages, MJ did a good job in explaning the loss in customer support as well as symptoms such as the ads spending loop, in which one has to keep buying ads to survive.

Across from my hostel is the central train hub, with God knows hundred of hotels here and there. I have forgotten the thousands of times I have been accosted by people giving out pamphlets to come to those hotels. Do you honestly think that people will stay in your hotels just because of a pamphlet?

I stayed in one of those hotels once. Big mistake. Had a severe body rash from sleeping in one of their beds. Found cigarette traces and smell.
The same hotel got replaced by another different hotel in half a year.

On spectating, I don't think any of us will be spectating anytime soon even when we reach our desired UNSCRIPTION goals. The world is always moving, thus there's always new stuff to try out or explore.

Hmm there is enough money in the world for everyone to have about 2.5 million dollars each
But to consider money a static thing is disingenuous
Since if 2.5 million in disposable cash was given out, demand for more expensive items etc would increase, and probably would lead to a supply shortage of goods/housing etc and inflation in prices.

The true determination of potential wealth in a society isn't money, it is rather more dynamic and about supply and demand.

The way inequality can affect this poorly is by lowering peoples general prosperity (lowering a ceiling)
If a society is prosperous, supply is met, and demand is high, or the supply highly valued (lifting a ceiling)
In sucky places, demand vanishes because supply is seen as implausible, or cuz supply vanishes cuz meeting the diminished demand seems implausible. (infrastructures of supply and demand become undermined)

One of the ways to undermine supply and demand is via monopolies,
The reason being that they tend to make things insular, and by making things the same, demand reduces to its lowest possible outcome, and supply is cost effectively reduced to only meet that amount, making a fragile and finicky infrastructure that is subject to degradation

These do exist... and probably far too much

Secondly, I think that there are issues with base wages. A tendency to like wage slaves, rather than employees.
I can't say how that affects supply and demand, but I can say that it is certainly a strange codependent relationship between employer and employee and not a really healthy one. Society functions, but I think it may instigate races towards the bottom, and potentially mean a less robust system. But it is hard to say with precision.
Presumably, wage slaves can only feed into monopolies, and by doing so assist degradation of infrastructure, cut backs, fragility in the system etc.

Errr... also I think inequality can be another way to create inflation. By REMOVING PERCEIVED VALUE of certain things in society you can slowly strangle it into doing ONLY what is PERCIEVED as having monetary value. Which can lead to a lot more apathy and anger and all that...

So, I'm of a different mindset, I don't dismiss inequality
I just don't come at it from the viewpoint of what I would like
I think there are ways to strangle a society and reduce its effective mobility
I think a lot of places will LIE TO YOU and try to convince you they are good actors when they are not
And it takes discipline in order to separate which is which

Personally I believe in delivering justice where things that strangle society form
Justice in the form of prevention and getting people back onto productive trains of thought and action
I think even highly successful companies fall victim to shortcuts and unnecessary actions that slowly undermine society

But these are points of improvement and reform, not some angry reaction

I try to think of my reaction like a good girlfriend vs a bad girlfriend
Bad girlfriends just tell you that you suck and point out every flaw
Good girlfriends note what you are doing and suggest helpful perspectives

If I look at this society as a good girlfriend would look at it...
I see issues man, I truly see them
BUT I don't just assume they are all fixable with a snap of the finger or a simple change in how we approach it all
It'll take investment and hard work to turn it around!

I don't like inequality, I don't like sneaky people doing shady things like lobbyists etc
I would prefer society be prosperous
And I don't think it is an impossible ask that people not be forced into poverty from the middle class

So, I guess I want to see improvement
And some of those improvements should come from guys who have money and are just being shady with it
We need ways to get them away from bullshit thinking, towards society building as a whole

And in ways, education about business and the economy needs an upgrade, everywhere, for everybody, or else improvements will never stick, and we will continually see a return to ignorance

I believe ignorance has smothered society, like a fog
Kept it down in the dirt, fighting itself
I think the "oligarchs" are just posturing like they have power over it
But I doubt they do

Ignorance is a scary thing
Because no one controls it, and those who possess it, it controls them... so...

And it doesn't care if you are rich or poor, you can be ignorant in both cases.

I see my fight as a fight against ignorance
Not against others
Though I've had my temptations

Others actions must change as we remove ignorance, but forcing change while ignorance remains, is ugly
And some take advantage of this trying to use it as a smokescreen

Money is complicated I'm afraid

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads