The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Caveman Going Global Soon!

EddyEddyEddy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 12, 2017
Andalucia, Spain
Hi to MJ and to all you Fastlaner people

I'm a Scotsman living in Andalucia, Spain. In a cave house. Don't laugh, I don't need aircon when it's 40 degrees C out there (over 100 F), and in the winter when there's snow on the ground I rarely need the log fire. Inside it varies only a few degrees over the year. And plenty light thanks to some windows and Solatubes.

Anyway, my only previous trips on a Fastlane road were failures, as I didn't get rich:

Friends and I buying used cars at the auction, doing them up and selling them.

Bowling alley project with a friend that couldn't get finance.

Bike accessory invention. Some success (Design Awards etc) and deals with major wholesalers but a huge mistake by the factory messed it all up. (The orders they said had shipped were sitting at their back door for about two weeks. In the days before tracking.) Sales of over 10,000 units and there is maybe still an opportunity for a new and improved version now. I still use mine almost daily.

Property renovations, but on my homes at the time, always profitable but very stressful. The best made over 6 figures profit, shared with my wife at the time, thanks to a rising market.

I've also been a Sidewalker and a Slowlaner in various jobs and self-employment. I'm currently a man of leisure who survives thanks to a small, regular income that I don't need to work for, plus income from Matched Betting. I do this online from home, or anywhere, for about 1-4 hours a day at times of my choosing. Or sometimes I need to bet while sports are in-play, so that's the only real tie. But it's trading hours for profit (tax-free), even though I have no boss, no customers, no product and pay no tax. Definitely not Fastlane for many reasons. But the guy who started the matched betting site that I use (for info and tools) is certainly a Fastlaner. He has about 20,000 people paying him around £10 a month.

The Fastlane book has turned me into a insta-classifier of people and businesses now. It's fun to do!

I have three projects ideas with Fastlane properties:

1. A simple app idea that everyone should have on their phones, but they may never touch it after it's installed. But they won't uninstall it. Intrigued? I thought of it a few years ago. I have a quote to turn it from an idea into a product. Now I need to decide whether to hit the Pay button and go ahead, or always be left wondering if it would have been a success. Hmm.

2. A book idea I've had for a while. In some ways it is related to The Millionaire Fastlane , even though it's not about making a million. Ideally I would write this book with permission from MJ to make it a "spin-off". Are you listening MJ? :0)

3. The bike accessory idea I mentioned. But it involves manufacturers, stock, deliveries and all those kind of headaches. Not so attractive as the first two.

Worth mentioning is that here in Spain one of the channels, a "man's channel", recently showed what I think was the whole set of Shark Tanks in 3 hour batches over a number of weeks. Well once I stumbled across it I made sure I watched or recorded every episode. That, together with reading the book, has given me a bit of a crash course in Fastlaning. My head is full of it now.

And my car is now fitted with Drop Stops after seeing them on Shark Tank! I'm still astonished it took about 40 years of people (including me) losing stuff down those gaps beside the console before anyone thought of and then produced a solution. A classic problem-solving, unique invention. And an inspiration.

Ok, I think that's my introduction. Now I'd better get reading this forum!

Cheers

Eddy

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Dan_Fastlane

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 3, 2017
World Citizen

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.